• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arash - Stealing isn't cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Imagine my surprise when I scan through smashwiki's Bowser matchups section and find some VERY familiar paragraphs. Familiar because I wrote them. Word for word. Now, I didn't post them on smashwiki, and I didn't give permission for them to be posted, so I deleted them.

The nice people at the site told me the original plagarist, which was Arash. Personally, I was of the opinion Arash was respected, and had original thoughts in his head, but apparently not. Apparently, he's just capable of mimicking other people and stealing their output.

Bad Arash. If you don't have anything of your own to say, keep your mouth shut, don't shamelessly use another's words.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Drama ensues.

Gamefaqs bowser vs Smashboards bowser round 1.

Ding.

D

Deleted member

Gamefaqs Bowser? I haven't posted on GFAQs in 2 years. That place is as much of a hole as this place.

And frankly, any 'fight' would be brief. Arash doesn't have a leg to stand on. He stole my work and passed it off as his own, end of story.

The only thing Arash could possibly post here that would be valid would be an grovelling apology. Not that I expect any such thing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gamefaqs Bowser? I haven't posted on GFAQs in 2 years. That place is as much of a hole as this place.

And frankly, any 'fight' would be brief. Arash doesn't have a leg to stand on. He stole my work and passed it off as his own, end of story.

The only thing Arash could possibly post here that would be valid would be an grovelling apology. Not that I expect any such thing.
Pfft all the new Gfaq people suck anyways..well most of them. But you are an old time vet ftw.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Imagine my surprise when I scan through smashwiki's Bowser matchups section and find some VERY familiar paragraphs. Familiar because I wrote them. Word for word. Now, I didn't post them on smashwiki, and I didn't give permission for them to be posted, so I deleted them.

The nice people at the site told me the original plagarist, which was Arash. Personally, I was of the opinion Arash was respected, and had original thoughts in his head, but apparently not. Apparently, he's just capable of mimicking other people and stealing their output.

Bad Arash. If you don't have anything of your own to say, keep your mouth shut, don't shamelessly use another's words.
Wow, i got all excited thinking Decadent One was making a post again perhaps joking around and maybe coming back to bowser and i'm greeted with grade A douchebag.

You haven't been around at all to further discover Bowser, or even discuss anything about him. What Arash dis was use your match-ups to shed a little light on the character, did he ever take credit for it? Perhaps he could have put your name up on it, but you have no reason to be angry. Besides that match-up chart is so wrong now, the metagame has changed and i'm sure Arash is aware of that. He just wanted to have some brief view on bowser for people interested.

Unless your talking about an actual fist fight, you wouldn't stand a chance, i'm sorry but i've never heard of you placing anywhere as close to where Arash has placed.

He owes you no such thing as a "groveling" apology.

Go fall back into the hole you stayed in for two years, You're washed up.

D

Deleted member

Wow, i got all excited thinking Decadent One was making a post again perhaps joking around and maybe coming back to bowser
As I've always said, I'll be back for the sequel, but I'm through with this game.

and i'm greeted with grade A douchebag
Snap.

You haven't been around at all to further discover Bowser, or even discuss anything about him.
There is nothing to 'further discover' about Bowser. Gimpyfish's most recent videos don't show him doing anything he and I weren't doing 2 years. It's the same stuff with 2 years more experience and practice. But I'm not here to argue about your silly little metagame. I couldn't give a toss if Bowser has been advanced so much he's banned for being too good.

What Arash dis was use your match-ups to shed a little light on the character, did he ever take credit for it? Perhaps he could have put your name up on it, but you have no reason to be angry.
What Arash did was violate the copyright rules in both my own guide, and on Smashwiki. He stole the intellectual property of another without permission. If he's as good as you seem to think, then he can use his own **** words, rather than steal mine.

Unless your talking about an actual fist fight, you wouldn't stand a chance, i'm sorry but i've never heard of you placing anywhere as close to where Arash has placed.
WTF are you talking about? The 'fight' in question is the presumed drama/argument anticipated by the previous posters, in which case Arash has no rebuke. I could care less how good he is or is not at Smash, it's irrelevant. Whether or not I could beat the crap out of him in a fistfight is also irrelevant. The only people such things matter to are ignorant little children with a fetish for faux celebrity worship, like you.

The point of this topic is to call Arash on his actions, and see what his response is. If that breaks your little fanboy heart, then tough.
Next time, find a more honest geek idol to beat off to.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't worship Arash at all, Nor am i a Fanboy.

I hate people that come in and start talking **** after they've been gone for this long.

If anything you should have felt grateful that your words are still around, instead of forgotten like they should be since everything back that you said is wrong.

Besides if you're "through" with this game, then just leave.

Why start drama?

D

Deleted member

I don't worship Arash at all, Nor am i a Fanboy.
Of course not. I believe you. Millions wouldn't.

I hate people that come in and start talking **** after they've been gone for this long.
Hmm, talking **** am I? So I'm making this up, eh? Arash didn't really steal my work?
I don't give a toss what you hate. Actually, scratch that. I hope to all hell you hate me, and my mere presence annoys you. That I would dare accuse your dear Arash of being a thieving little wretch. It must burn you up. Especially as I've left, and are no longer part of the 'in' crowd!

I stopped caring what you people think when I told the MBR to go swivel.

If anything you should have felt grateful that your words are still around, instead of forgotten like they should be since everything back that you said is wrong.
Arash should have ripped off some accurate information then, eh? Or does Gimpyfish keep a better lock on his stuff?

Besides if you're "through" with this game, then just leave.

Why start drama?
I'm here to see what Arash has to say for himself, if anything.
I wouldn't be here if I wasn't dragged back by the selfish idiocy of some cretinous little smurf. If you don't want me here, then cast your blame at Arash.
The drama here is caused by you, though I expect nothing less from this clique-ridden, fanboy-infested board.

D

Deleted member

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Imagine my surprise, when I scan through the topics on this here Bowser board...

You know where this is going.
Turns out Arash isn't the only thieving little wretch, eh Kev?
At least you had the good graces to attach my name.

Seems that despite all the 'wrong' information I wrote years ago, you people still haven't progressed from it. Is Gimpyfish the only one thinking for himself, the only one capable of 'furthering' Bowser? Because right now, it seems that he's the only original in a sea of little Deca-clones, endlessly mouthing my words.

Pathetic.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll clear things up in this thread

me and arash got lazy

i made a bowser vs bowser one as a joke, me and a few bowsers were talking on the boards (cant find the topic right now) about the samsh wiki bowser matchups list.

arash says in that topic something along the lines of "well, maybe we'll get something eventually, but for now i'm just going to copy over decadent ones matchup lists so that we have something"

everyone in the topic agree'd at the time and it wasn't that big of a deal, it wasn't intentionally "stolen" information, its all incredibly dated by now anyways.

since it bothered you, i dont mind it being off, maybe i'll actually write soemthing for it, but its not really soemthing to be upset about.

i can see why you are, but arash didn't have the foul intentions that you are throwing on him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well i could continue to sit here and pick apart your posts but lets just end it right here for you ok.

Decadent One said:
The drama here is caused by you, though I expect nothing less from this clique-ridden, fanboy-infested board.
Drama caused by me huh..

I didn't realize i made a thread on a message board calling out another person.

Seriously go back to the hole man

Edit- Yes i did use your stuff, and i also credited you where the credit was rightfully due.. i also however wrote a lot of that stuff out on my own.. do you really want to try and discredit that.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Haha,

Few things are as funny as a washed up Gamefaqer posting up a rant on a player who actually matters.

The only thing funnier is when the washed up player wasn't really all that good to begin with.

D1, I don't care if you think your skill has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I'm saying this because you're a d!ck, and that has a lot to do with everything.

D

Deleted member

i can see why you are, but arash didn't have the foul intentions that you are throwing on him.
As we've just discussed on IM, all I was after was a response (and the opportunity to irritate people like Kev & Hugs).

Kev, I apologise. You're clearly not as much of a fanboy as Hugs here, you're just a regular ignorant boardie.

Haha,

Few things are as funny as a washed up Gamefaqer posting up a rant on a player who actually matters.

The only thing funnier is when the washed up player wasn't really all that good to begin with.

D1, I don't care if you think your skill has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I'm saying this because you're a d!ck, and that has a lot to do with everything.
Translation - I wuv Arash. I wuv him so much he can do no wrong. You're a **** because you're claiming Arash did a bad thing, and I wuv Arash.

Too much? Nah...

Banned via Administration
dear decadent one:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO JJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS

D1

Banned via Administration
WHOAH ITS THE DECADENT ONE!

I'M NOT WORTHY!

*deletes his own name from SWF*

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
As we've just discussed on IM, all I was after was a response (and the opportunity to irritate people like Kev & Hugs).

Kev, I apologise. You're clearly not as much of a fanboy as Hugs here, you're just a regular ignorant boardie.

Translation - I wuv Arash. I wuv him so much he can do no wrong. You're a **** because you're claiming Arash did a bad thing, and I wuv Arash.

Too much? Nah...
Oh man, I didn't realize you'd be so clever. I should have known what I was getting myself into. I'm messing with the legend himself. The same guy who makes sure that his every post has a tone of superiority to make up for his lack of accomplishments. Freakin joke.

I like arash, he's a good guy.
But truth be told, it could have been pikachupro69 and I would have said the same thing. Your a d!ck, who you are being a **** to doesn't change my response.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Decadent One, this is so freaking trivial. This is all general information that ends up getting passed on to the community anyway. It's not like whenever someone says "Hey, dashdancing is useful with CF" they have to credit the inventor of dashdancing after that comment. If you wanted people to know you wrote it in order to get respect and admiration from the community, well, you can pretty much toss that idea out the window. You've already proven yourself to be a huge ****.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Gimpyfish stole my signature from gamefaqs!

D

Deleted member

If I wanted 'respect and admiration' from this community, I wouldn't be calling this place a fanboy ridden hole now, would I? I sure as hell wouldn't have been 'removed' from the MBR for publicly claiming what a bunch of pompous, back-slapping ***** they all were, and that the MBR was an exercise in seeing how far up themselves they could get before they suffocated.

I came here for a response for Arash, getting to annoy you inward bunch is just icing. The great thing is that I didn't even need to try, or do somehthing controversial to get a rise (short of pointing out something one of your heroes has done).

Everyone who's getting offended by my posts - please, stay offended. If I'm pissing you off by asking for a response, then you deserve to be pissed off.

To everyone else, who's not getting annoyed, then good for you. If you can see this topic for what it is, awesome.

Nothing better than meeting nice people and old friends, and annoying the latest generation of petulant kids.

- for the record, that 'superior tone' doesn't require me to try. I naturally antagonise stupid people. Call it a gift.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol I've never heard of Decadent One, ever. When I first read this thread I just thought it was some random noob lol. Actually, I guess I was right.

But really, you're going a little overboard with this. There really was no need to create this thread, you could've easily solved this problem via a PM with Arash.

Oh and No Johns.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Multiple times. Plus, this topic is cool because it says Arash over 30 times.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
lol I've never heard of Decadent One, ever. When I first read this thread I just thought it was some random noob lol. Actually, I guess I was right.

But really, you're going a little overboard with this. There really was no need to create this thread, you could've easily solved this problem via a PM with Arash.

Oh and No Johns.
My thoughts exactly.

Lol @ Kevin arguing with this guy to increase post count.

D

Deleted member

lol I've never heard of Decadent One, ever.
That's ok, I haven't been aound in a while. I quit smash 2 years ago.

But don't worry, my legacy apparently lives on, regardless of my wishes.
I'm the guy who wrote the guide that got Gimpyfish into Bowser, and had Luke/Grabfest IM'ing me for tips before he was 'famous'.

And despite claims here of it being 'wrong', it's still around, thanks to you people endlessly repeating it, even your beloved Arash. How's that for an 'achievement', Hugs? 2 years away from the game and you guys are still quoting me.

Hell, the loudest mouth here has been Kev, and yet he still has this line in his 'guide' -

Thanks to Decadent One back in the day he was a boozer god
So all I'm hearing from most of you is the wailing and gnashing of teeth, but no real substance, as you call me a 'washed out noob', yet cling onto what this noob said 2 years ago. Way to prove your point, eh?

Basically, you guys are no different to the same idiot board junkies that were around 2 years ago. Any time some guy said anything bad about me, a million of you little fanboys jumped in with cries of 'noob' and poorly spelled swearing, outraged that someone had dared to question one of the board veterans! You guys are just the latest generation, clawing at the scraps of the veteran's table, hoping you'll be cool by association! Hell, even when I was blatantly wrong, there was some idiot defending to the bitter end some stupid thing I'd said.

Now, I'm assuming Arash can speak for his own actions, and doesn't need your little brigade to celebrate his manhood, much less frothing at the mouth and screaming incoherantly about who's 'in' and who's 'out'.

Which again, is much more convincing if you weren't still quoting me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wow you really proved me wrong by calling me out on paying respect to someone who tried to take bowser to the next level.. dumb ***

The fact of the matter is, i had respect for you for trying to do that, i just don't have respect for you as a person, or a smasher anymore since as you've said you quit.

No but seriously keep calling me out and i'll keep shooting you down till this thread gets locked, which it will soon

D

Deleted member

And there's the magic word. Respect.
This topic came about because I was offended by someone taking something I'd written (and although I agree there's a crapload in that guide that needed changed, even way back then, one of the few things I'm proud of from my time in this scene), and posted it up on a site without aknowledgement or permission.

Now that irked me, so I removed it from the site and got the name of the person responsible, to which I was directed here.

Yeah, the topic wasn't the most polite thing in the world, but it sure as hell wasn't directly insulting. The only derogatory statements in the opening post were fact. He'd stolen my work.

This topic became what it is because of what always happens - people who frequent the forums being upset at anything which challenges the status quo, in this case, Arash being accused of negative actions. Had you not flamed me, this 'discussion' wouldn't be 3 pages long.

So we're back to respect. Those that didn't show respect to me or my grievance, got none in return, and the thread became what it is now.

As you said, you can respect me for trying to play Bowser at 'the next level', the culmination of which was that guide, which I'm exceptionally proud of. Yet you can't respect my displeasure at seeing it plagarised without permission or aknowledgement, and wishing to air my grievances? I think this topic is completely fair.

I'm flattered that you used a section of my guide in your own, and by the following comment. But I detest the fan culture that's prevalent on these boards, and always have done, even when I was the one admired. When confronted by posts like Hugs', then I'm gonna call it for the idiocy that it is.

How good a person is at Smash, or whether or not they even play, shouldn't be an issue. And thinking that such is even approaching a valid argument is ********.

We can call this quits anytime. I'm perfectly satisfied with either a reasoned discussion, or a pointless e-peen contest. Your call.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Basically, you guys are no different to the same idiot board junkies that were around 2 years ago. Any time some guy said anything bad about me, a million of you little fanboys jumped in with cries of 'noob' and poorly spelled swearing, outraged that someone had dared to question one of the board veterans! You guys are just the latest generation, clawing at the scraps of the veteran's table, hoping you'll be cool by association! Hell, even when I was blatantly wrong, there was some idiot defending to the bitter end some stupid thing I'd said.
Dec. One said:
This topic became what it is because of what always happens - people who frequent the forums being upset at anything which challenges the status quo, in this case, Arash being accused of negative actions. Had you not flamed me, this 'discussion' wouldn't be 3 pages long.
People are responding to you this way because you're being very petty, disrespectful and definitely going overboard. Like HugS said, even if it were some random noob who "stole" your article, the response would have been the same.

And like I said, this could have easily been solved via PM with Arash.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
just so you know, I put yoru character ups on it because they are good. I just put them back up with credit given to you.

D

Deleted member

Petty, disrespectful, and overboard?
As for the initial post, the only one I'd agree with is disrespectful. And **** right I'm not gonna be initially respectful of someone who copied my work, without him first throwing his hands up with a 'yeah, sorry about that, my bad'.

As for petty and overboard, then sure, I can live with that. It's what I normally respond with when directly insulted.

As for the response being the same were it 'some random noob' - I think not.
I can't even be bothered going into quoting any of the dozens of 'Arash is great, you're not' rebuttals that litter this topic. Go fish one out on your own and assume I posted it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom