• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

im starting to get bored in this game...

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Go play some other games, or do some other activities. Hang out with friends. Everything gets boring after a while even when you are around other smashers. It is human to lose interest in things.

fergus1992

Smash Rookie
this is probably one of the games that i will never tire of , even without a second person ...

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^so true.

meh, if your bored look at combo vids and try and copy stuff. Perfect your tech skills--you obviously don't have awesome skills or we'd know of you. Try and get to tournies, they make the game much better

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ahh go Find someone else to play or just practice your Skills so you can Crush your bro when he gets back. Tourneys are good too. Uhm yeah thats about all I can tell you!

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
When Brawl comes out, you won't have this problem, it'll have online. But yeah, I'm in the same place, nobody seems to want to play. So I've just been playing Single player, beating that, and seeing how bad my scores are, lol.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Teeman92 said:
i was playing mt cuzin,he was..mario? i was falco, as soon as the match started, i use "fire bird" (whatever you call it) falco yells, "heeya",

my cuz said:man why you always pick fox or falco to do that "aaaheehaa" move?

i lol'd

and anather one was,me and my bro was playing,im fox,he's sheik(the cheapest charather)

as soon as the match starts, he grabs me and down tilt,then use up smash over and over,

i yell: dammit,why you always pick that cheap *** charather?!
Perhaps you should get past this plateau of skill, from there you can break down to actually playing ;)

If you are very very good, get someone to kick your ***. Then yu have something to strive for, but if you are horrible, find someone to kill, that should boost your confidence.

psicicle

Smash Ace
Try wiping your memory card and getting everything, and then wipe it again and get all the chars, stages etc. and post a vid seeing the fastest time to unlock everything. Have a race with someone or something. Maybe omit mewtwo or something though.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Pick Marth, fight Fox/Falco comps, practice chaingrabs using up throws, up tilts, and u-airs till your brain frys. That's what I do.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, i dont know if its the best game ever but its my favorite man, try to hang out a lil every game ots bothering after playing it 4 hours a day.. but well, practice it and try to using other characters, low tires preferible, and practice with them so ur open mind, and u can learn the timings of each one and be more prepared when fighting a character u have player before..

Kada

Smash Journeyman
If you're bored, you just need to take a break. Go play through a single player game of yours that you like, or just simply do something else. Taking a few days/weeks break is generally a very good thing for you, and you'll come back feeling refreshed, and you might find that you've mysteriously improved. You can't really expect yourself to play Smash all the time, and never get bored of it.

I started playing Metroid Prime again a few days ago, since I was getting tired of training constantly for a tournament that I'm going to next weekend.

...Man, I love Metroid Prime.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
I am such an obsessive person... My opinion is that only the best person (or someone who's beaten the best person's best character in a legitimate match) has the right to get bored, because I wouldn't quit until i hit max potential.

Top Bottom