• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendrone Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krelian

Smash Rookie
Source: http://nintendrone.blog.com/

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

* Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them. (Good, I can’t find wavebirds anywhere. I hope this means I can just use the remote and nunchuck, he wouldn’t say.)
* No motion-sensitive controls in main game. (Does that mean mini-games etc. will?)
* Game will feature no more than 50 characters. (Gee, thanks a lot. I didn’t know that already </sarcasm>)
* “Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.” (Thank god, hopefully an end to the “This better be online or I’m not buying it” stuff.)
* They wouldn’t tell me any new specific characters. (Just thought I’d get that in there.)
* “Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project. There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ (just thought I should mention, he did the finger quote thing, and I literally lol’d) either. There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.” (Thanks for the cliffhanger. Wait…so no more clones? What about…)
* Not all characters will return. The original smash bros. will. (Oh…bye Roy (one of my mains.))
* Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included. (Hot sauce. I’ll take white Zora Link please.)
* No comment on third parties. (**** you.)
* The game has been made “more balanced”. (Cool. No more tiers? Ummm…idk if I like this yet.)
* No comment on N64 like intros. (lol)
* No comment on “advanced techniques”. (I’m mediocre at that stuff anyway, so, I’m neutral on this.)
* There will be new items, and some have been taken out. (Bob-ombs confirmed, don’t worry.)
* Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved. (Well, now that I think about it…duh.)
* Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured. (No word on if chars. Would have individual stories)
* Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return. (Due to popular demand, apparently.)
* Events will be included. (I love those things, so to me it’s awesome.)
* This game is scheduled to release this year. (My guess is Fall.)
* No comment on shoot the credits.

Equi

Smash Ace
Wait? So the entire original cast of SSB is confirmed? As is online...

Nice.

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
Honestly? Nothing we didn't already know, or wasn't already obvioius. The only one that I'm not sure is true (since I catagorically doubt all these websites) is the "no clones" comment. As for more balanced, you should know that no matter how much they test it, players will always find the unbalance.

And if you check out the website provided, the box art is fake. In the top right of the back cover, it lists the controls as one Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Jesus, that's amazing news. Not bad for a first post.

I'm not sure we can trust it though.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
If most of this is true then i am even more excited than i was before. But i would like to hear it from Sakurai himself tomorrow.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Well I am pleased with the fact that SSBB won't feature any more clones~ That's pretty much the only thing that wasn't oh so obvious. That and the added events and the boosted complexity of adventure mode. Wait, that was obvious too~

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Ah, this must be the guy from GameFAQS who was telling the boards that he was getting the chance to do an interview with an exec from NoA. I haven't known him prior to his announcement, but I heard from other people that he's been trustworthy in the past.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
wow, 50?!

and that buisness about some characters being a huge surprise... err in my oppinion some character like pac-man, balloon fighter, tingler, would make the game blo, i mean, this ant' no mario "insert sport" where they can jus through in every character and his dog, u dig?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Tingle would be good.
Is this 100% true because if it is, that is very good. Good first post kid.
I will just have to wait for tomorrow for Sakurai news and see what is different.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
whoa that's really amazing!!! thank god i will be able to use my gamecube controller, I also like the fact that adventure mode will be extended even more. two bad that not all melee characters are going to return but... oh well at least it will feature over 50 characters.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Well, to be honest, all that info looks reasonable to me. A lot of those things that were mentioned about SSBB and MP3 were things that we basically knew.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
* “Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it.
I'm not sure I like that. It seems like they haven't implemented it yet.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
lol, n00bville

But, that all sounds belivable to me. If it's a rumor, it's a good one(unlike most).

Keige

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't really matter if he's lying anyway because we should find out most if not all of this info tomorrow.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Man, I hope it's true!
Though, I'm not loosing my skin for it just yet.. We'll probably find out tomorrow anyway.
But once again, man I hope it's true!

r0b0fish

Smash Rookie
Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included''

:) booyah!

“Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around''

..i hope they can make the game as balanced as they can.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Huh. Interesting stuff..

I actually didn't know some of that.

"Prime is coming sooner than many think," eh?
Oh, snap, indeed.

But I care about Brawl and Galaxy more...

"The game has been made “more balanced”."

THANK GOD. So sick of tiers...

"Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project."

We shall see....;)

"Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return."
Nice.

"This game is scheduled to release this year."
GOOD.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
It's kinda funny how n00bville likes to tear people apart when it comes to news not given directly from the source......well, the majority of them, at least. Anyone remember the SSBM days, when the secret characters were leaked and thought to be fake? -_-

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
When the secret characters were released, there were pictures of the characters in game.

This? We have no real reason to believe it is true.

Think about it--why hasn't any other press source reported on any interviews such as this at all?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
“Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around''

..i hope they can make the game as balanced as they can.
Melee is balanced, it'ss just when you get into commpetative 1v1s does this get screwered. Of course, if everyone is happy, I'm happy. Maybe a few more buffs and nurfs would help.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
When the secret characters were released, there were pictures of the characters in game.

This? We have no real reason to believe it is true.

Think about it--why hasn't any other press source reported on any interviews such as this at all?

I was wondering when you would show up.

I'd rather not state my reasoning, because I don't want to look like I'm a gullible douche. I just have faith, as well as giving things a chance.

Rash

Smash Ace
Man. My head feels like it's going to explode from all these "hints". If that's the case now, what's it going to be like when we actually get some concrete news?

I'm scared.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
It's kinda funny how n00bville likes to tear people apart when it comes to news not given directly from the source......well, the majority of them, at least. Anyone remember the SSBM days, when the secret characters were leaked and thought to be fake? -_-

I do, I do! I remember being one of the people who didn't believe it, but convinced myself TO believe it out of hope. I was ecstatic when it turned out to be true.

That's the reason I'm more inclined to truly believe this.

burrito

Smash Lord
More than 50 characters, no clones, AND balanced?!!! I find that hard to believe. It would be awesome if they could do it, but I doubt they could.

Rash

Smash Ace
It's "no more than 50" which pretty much just gives you the maximum for the range. Considering the development time and the fact that there are no clones, I still say the game will have 40 characters at the very most.

CHUK

Smash Ace
So I get to stay here in New York for a little bit while I wait for my flight later today. I’m shaking from excitement and…coldness. Anyways, I’m back from my interview and I have to say…man. Nintendo must be ready to start the viral marketing because even I was amazed at the amount of info I was able to obtain. As for the full contents of the interview, I can’t post it yet, or give away the name of the person I interviewed, because for some reason the development team is apparently some sort of secret. Great. Now I can look like a liar…whatever, things will become clearer over time. You don’t know how hard it was to resist rick rolling everyone first, and then posting this. Anyways, I can’t say I’m surprised. When you find out who the team consists of, you’ll be dumbfounded. So, in a shockingly clever post, I’ll only include the answers, because really…who cares about questions, there’s nothing to be learned from them in this situation. I also talked to a PR to dig up some dirt on other upcoming games…prepare to be learnified.

hmmmm....Imagine what this can meen?

burrito

Smash Lord
It's "no more than 50" which pretty much just gives you the maximum for the range. Considering the development time and the fact that there are no clones, I still say the game will have 40 characters at the very most.
Oh, that makes it more believable. Cool, alternate costumes!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
So I get to stay here in New York for a little bit while I wait for my flight later today. I’m shaking from excitement and…coldness. Anyways, I’m back from my interview and I have to say…man. Nintendo must be ready to start the viral marketing because even I was amazed at the amount of info I was able to obtain. As for the full contents of the interview, I can’t post it yet, or give away the name of the person I interviewed, because for some reason the development team is apparently some sort of secret. Great. Now I can look like a liar…whatever, things will become clearer over time. You don’t know how hard it was to resist rick rolling everyone first, and then posting this. Anyways, I can’t say I’m surprised. When you find out who the team consists of, you’ll be dumbfounded. So, in a shockingly clever post, I’ll only include the answers, because really…who cares about questions, there’s nothing to be learned from them in this situation. I also talked to a PR to dig up some dirt on other upcoming games…prepare to be learnified.

hmmmm....Imagine what this can meen?

If you know, why don't you just tell us? Even if you are under embargo, it's not like the company would find out. The info drops tomorrow anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom