• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Browny

Smash Hater
mmm GGs everyone. Let us hope we NEVER have the grand finals that late again. Just about unplayable after a 9-5 day at uni with 3 hours of bus rides in between lol.

for shaya;
SGLP 09.03
13th march 2009
22 entrants; venue fee $9

1 - djbrowny (Sonic/MK/Snake/Lucario)
2 - Desert_Eagle (Fox)
3 - Jamage (Wolf/Peach)
4 - Pokemon_legend (Falco)
5 - Kerri (Wolf/Lucario)
5 - David.s (Toon Link/Olimar)
7 - Whitey (Marth)
7 - Aisuka (Lucario)

Can someone plz confirm who david was using, no one left at the lan knew lol. And before shaya has any probs with my char list (who wouldnt lol) I used sonic vs every opponent i came up against and won at least 1 match with him. I only used MK/Snake vs desert_eagle. Eagle has hax which allow him to punish the 2 frame vulnerablity period everytime from landing an airdodge btw :p

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yeah, the tourney could have been better. Like, if I had won... and stuff...

Can someone plz confirm who david was using, no one left at the lan knew lol.
I believe my little brother was using Toon Link, but he told me he used Olimar once.

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
4th oh yeah but I would of rather verse jamage because then I have a better chance of coming 3rd but anyway 4th is good so I got in top 5

plus that match in the finals I didn't see all of them but I did see whe desert E killed one life off djb without getting touched I was like holy crap did djb brake a finger or something because that was pretty weird I didn't see them all I ask when the finals be on youtube

p.s I used wolf in a match would that count as falco and wolf because david S got olimar when he only used him once

Eagle

Smash Lord
I didn't know David only used Olimar once, and I said that David used Olimar which is why it's listed as Toon Link/Olimar, I changed what I said to "he used Olimar once" after.

I also wanna know when the videos will be up. I must relive the moments in which I beat DJB again,

And again,

.. And again.

And again.

And again.

Browny

Smash Hater
I too, wish to relive that beautiful reverse shuttle loop gimp on battlefield :)

desert E killed one life off djb without getting touched I was like holy crap did djb brake a finger or something
2:30am johns :p

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I was happy to get 3rd again. Could havemaybe had Eagle in the 1st round if Wolf didnt trip over in front of him when we both had like 120% + on the last stock. Then HackaKnight didnt work for me.

Kerri's tactics are very simple and can work well as Lucario she does fireball, roll, roll, roll, roll, fsmash, roll, roll, roll, fireball etc. I used Wolf and deflected the fireballs and dsmashed her everytime she rolled past.

Some idiot there (probly one of Blue Bombers mates) erased all my Gears of War 2 data when I had 16,000 + kills and 1700 MP games played. I could nearly kill that person right now. How the f can people be so stupid when playing on someones console dont screw with their saves its that simple.

Browny

Smash Hater
awww pokemon_legend bring back the lucario sig, it was awesome!

also lol jamage its called aura sphere not fireball :p

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Some idiot there (probly one of Blue Bombers mates) erased all my Gears of War 2 data when I had 16,000 + kills and 1700 MP games played. I could nearly kill that person right now. How the f can people be so stupid when playing on someones console dont screw with their saves its that simple.
Wait what? I don't think it was one of my friends... I told them several times to be careful with other people's stuff. If it was one of them then I'm really sorry Jamage :urg:

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Wait what? I don't think it was one of my friends... I told them several times to be careful with other people's stuff. If it was one of them then I'm really sorry Jamage :urg:
Reason why I think it was one of them as they were the ones playing Gears 2 on my Xbox 95% of the time and trying to set up games. I really doubt they meant to if it was one of them, it has just really pissed me off as you could imagine. So close to the 1999 games of multiplayer achievement, now ill never get it :(

Fireball, Aura Sphere, whatever. I call it what I want

Eagle

Smash Lord
You posted 2 minutes after your first post? You must have bumped it up 1 topic, if that.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Streetgeek 9.03 Report

Yet another awesome Lan Party been and gone with only memories but hopefully this report will reults, pics and vids will help you remember
or if you didnt go this is what you missed out on. Dont worry though next one is April 17th :)

Console comps and stuff couldn't have gone much better thanks to the extra help we had many tournaments happened on time with the exception
of Brawl running overtime due to us having 2 less copies than planned, this has already been fixed for next Lan.

Aswell as all the tournament games listed below alot of other console games were played including Guitar Hero World Tour, Resident Evil 5,
Left 4 Dead, 007 Quantum of Solace, GTA 4, Street Fighter 4 & HD remix, Soul Calibur 4, DDR, The Darkness, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Lips
andI also saw some DS's and PSP's being played.

I actually had my PC there thanks to Micolous fixing it, taking it to the Lan and even setting it up in the console area. I couldnt enter half the tournaments
as my Graphics card sucks (upgrade time) and the ones I could enter I didnt have time. Will be bringing my PC in future.

Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
1st: djbrowny (Sonic/MK/Snake/Lucario)
2nd: Desert_Eagle (Fox)
3rd: Jamage (Wolf/Peach)
4th: Pokemon_legend (Falco)
5th: Kerri (Wolf/Lucario)
5th: David.s (Toon Link/Olimar)
7th: Whitey (Marth)
7th: Aisuka (Lucario)

Halo 3 FFA
1st: Jamage
2nd: Woodstar
3rd: Tranceformer
4th: Pokemon Legend
5th: Clumsy Oaf
6th: Souperman 48
7th: Raspberry
8th: David

Woodstar

Gears of War 4v4
1st: Dutch
Whitey
Chirpin
Tincan

2nd: Jamage
Woodstar
Clumsy Oaf
Souperman

Super Smash Bros Brawl FFA
1st: Groove Master General - Pikachu
2nd: Silverwolf - Diddy
3rd: Kerri - Lucario
4th: Jamage - Wolf

Groove Master General

Tekken 5 (On DDR mats)
1st: Jamage
2nd: DJ Browny
3rd: LazarusX
4th: Souperman 48

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv8WZPgPkFA&feature=channel_page

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2v2
1st: DJBrowny - Sonic & W150 - Olimar
2nd: Jamage - Wolf & Silverwolf - Diddy
3rd: Aisuka - Marth & Sasha - Pikachu
4th: Mafesto - ??? & Whitey - ???

Mariokart Wii
1st: Silverwolf
2nd: Jamage
3rd: Raspberry
4th: Clumsy Oaf

Wii Tennis 2v2
1st: Woodstar & Silverwolf
2nd: Raspberry & Tobbygnome
3rd: Micolous & A Newbie
4th: Jamage & Box

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThOH79XnOBw&feature=channel_page

Wii Sports Bowling
1st: Jamage - 268
2nd: Woodstar - 244
3rd: Raspberry - 210
4th: Silverwolf - 205

Ultimate Consoler Top 8
1st: Jamage - 670 Points
2nd: Silverwolf - 480
3rd: Raspberry - 340
4th: Woodstar - 320
5th: DJ Browny - 290
6th: Whitey - 230
7th: Clumsy Oaf - 210
8th: Groove Master General - 200

Silverwolf

Raspberry

Woodstar

PC Tournaments
As usual there was also a heap of PC comps at the Lan aswel but I didnt see much of it to report on.

Tetrinet
Soldat
CSS
Far Cry 2
Warcraft 2
Flatout 2
+ More

Reults:
1st: tobbygnome 30
2nd: Anykey 27
3rd: DrFrag 25
4th: Marchos 17

More pics can be found here: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/Jamage007/SG Lan March 08/

Thanks again to those who attended, the admins and our sponsors for making another great Lan.

Next Lan: April 17th
www.streetgeek.com.au

Browny

Smash Hater
Silverwolf is too pro at nintendo, look at all those high placings :O . I saw him at the bus stop today lol

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
STFU, it was still in my name lol :p. I was tempted to tell you to f*** off and let me play. Ur own fault you backed out lol
I was just saying, no need to get all mad. I backed out so the teams were even.

Besides with your failure playing, if I hadn't taken over our team would have lost.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
LOL anyway....

Next lan on April 17 we are doing a special 2 v 1 comp where the best players will be by themselves and everyone else will be in teams with team attack on and teams to use low tier.

Then at the lan after we are doing a crazy controller comp. More info on this soon

Browny

Smash Hater
Dismantle the GC controller and rewire the buttons so we have to play on a Xylophone imo.

would be epic

Luke1993

Smash Rookie
When is another gonna start because i really wanna enter it

when will the next adelaide one start only because i missed this one
Streetgeek Lan Parties
www.streetgeek.com.au

Where
Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church, 560 Goodwood Rd, Daw Park

When
13/3/09
7pm Fri - 9pm Sat

Cost:
Ticket Pricing:
PC + console - $18
Console only - $9
Girls - half price

Food:
A talented team of culinary magicials prepare a table d'hôte menu every LAN for midnight snack, bfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner is not served on Friday night.
Food Package Prices
Food $7
Unlimited Coffee $5
Food & Coffee $10

Meals, serving times and prices are subject to variation. Please notify us if you have any special dietary requirements. Coffee is prepared and served in batches. Please let us know if your caffeine meter is running low!

The StreetGeek Cafe stocks a variety of snacks and beverages. E.g. Jolt Cola, Red Bull, Monster Energy Drink, Chips, Coke, Lemonade, Lemon Squash, Pepsi, Lollies and Chocolate bars. Prices and availability are subject to variation.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules
1v1
3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items Off
Double elimination with semi and grand finals to be best of 3

2v2
Same as 1v1 but with team damage set to ON

Stages set to random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Corneria (melee)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Delfino Plaza (D)

Counterpick Stages (for semi and grand finals 'best of series')
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium
Mario Circuit (D)
Green Greens (D)
Shadow Moses Island (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)

All other stages are banned for tournaments.

Other Rules
MetaKnight rule - In a set of 3 MK can be used for only 1 win so if you lose with MK 1st game you can choose him again but if you win 1 game u must alternate.

Metaknight’s Infinite Dimensional Cape - A technique that renders a character invisible and invincible indefinitely is banned. If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will be disqualified from their round and penalised.

Ice Climbers Chain Throw - Is legal, however, extending a chain-throw past 300% will be considered stalling.

The Dedede Rule
(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.
Originally proposed by CATS and Shaz this rule is designed to prevent people abusing King DeDeDe's d-throw chainthrow.
Dedede may not choose to play on stages that have a 'D' next to them.
Dedede's opponent may choose to play on one of these stages if they wish. If a random stage is chosen and it comes up with a 'D' stage you and you are against Dedede you may quit and restart within 5 seconds.

Stalling - Stalling is not allowed. Stalling a match includes any method the player might use to prolong a match by placing their character in a position wherein an opponent cannot reach them. Peach's Across B for example, can be used to stall underneath stages like Battlefield. Running away would not be considered stalling however, as your ability to evade the opponent is only as good as the opponent's method of catching you.

In the case of a console/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

SSBM Rules
1v1
4 Stock
8 Min time Limit
No Items
Double Elimination
Grand Final will be best of 5

Stage: Random out of (unless both agree on a stage)
-Final Destination
-Pokemon Stadium
-Kirby Dream Land N64
-Kirby Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi's Story
-Battlefeild

Banned Stages:
Flat Zone, Big Blue, Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi 64, Brinstar Depths, Fourside,
Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Venom, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City,Pokè Floats,Kongo Jungle 64, Mushroom Kingdom I & II.

Mute City and Fountain of Dreams is banned in Teams, because those stages may cause lag
when four players play the stage on the same time.

Games will be played in 60hz ONLY.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc.), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If this is problem occurrs, find me or another admin (be prepared to have proof/witnesses).

Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

In the case of a console/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

If possible can everyone bring a TV, Wii, Cube Controllers, SSBB/SSBM disc and memory card. Not required but the more stuff we have the easier and quicker we can run the comps and have more time and tvs to play freindlies on

Many other PC and Console Tournaments happen apart from Smash, more info on other comps on website.

Check out the Streetgeek forums for updates and more information!
www.streetgeek.com.au

Adelaide Smash Vids at: http://au.youtube.com/Jamage007

Browny

Smash Hater
Adelaide needs MOAR smashmeets. (or any would be good :p) Id love to host one but I think i live way too far out from everyone else (NE suburbs lol) and only have 1 TV for games.

However in the meantime, if anyone here has friday afternoon + evenings off you might wanna consider checking out Adelaide Uni's game club. every friday we have brawl there and can get like 4 hours of mutiplayer madness or friendlies if no one else wants to use the TV's :)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Looks interesting, though I'm pretty clueless when it comes to things like this.

I'm seriously thinking about attending. I haven't really played offline with many people outside 2 friends who own it as well as my brother and cousin. I do ok online (yes I know, it doesn't count ^_^), but obviously offline is loads more fun and consistent.

Hopefully I can attend.

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah can't wait 4 next lan snake all the way can sometimes beat desert E so yeah wooooooooo
plus there is 2v1 desert E lucky fox low tier but i'll use um wolf if he low tier or something

P.S. hey djb like my avatar I think its great

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's nice. There's a Woxy on it! But only use it when the signature is smaller than the length of your post. Protip

Browny

Smash Hater
no way Eagle is gonna be in the low tier doubles side lol he has to go solo :p

I think someone like Wario could be really good for this tourney... Hard to hit/combo, KO's Early and lives forever. Snake doesnt really fare too well when 2 people are chasing him on cypher lol

Top Bottom