• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Some of you know me some of you don't. I'm here to bring you another tourney/fest in New Jersey at a constant rate.

Make sure you read all of the rules. I don't mind questions just not ones that are obvious.

Next Event
Saturday, June 14th
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles

*Please bring any TVs, Cubes/Wiis, and Smash copies you can.*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4022 Rt 9 South
Howell, NJ 07731

This is a lan center that I am friends with the owner of. He has so graciously allowed me to host here. I ask that you just be respectful to everyone there and make sure the place doesn't get trashed. He sells food and drinks there so bring extra money with you.

Time
The normal ones will be from 12pm - 8pm. Signups start at 12 and tournament begins at 1:30.

Contact Info
Cheezit: 732-403-5508 (cell)

Winnings
40% of the entry fee goes to the store since it's his stuff. The rest goes into the pot.

Singles
1st 60%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
Doubles
1st 70%
2nd 30%
Crews
Depends on amount of crews that show.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melee

Entry
Singles: $10 per Person
Doubles: $14 per Team

Stages

Singles
Neutral
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium
* Dreamland 64
* Fountain of Dreams
* Yoshi's Story
Banned
Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island, and Peaches Castle.

Doubles
Neutral
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium
* Dreamland 64
Banned
Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island, Peaches Castle, AND for teams Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Melee Rules

Format
₪ Double elimination
₪ If we have enough people I will run pools for seeding. If not then it will be random seeding
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ Eight (8) minute time limit
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.
Stage and Character selection: In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
Stage Strike Rule: Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
Dave's Stupid Rule Modified: The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

General
WOBBLING IS BANNED. If you are caught wobbling you will be disqualified
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by me)
₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.

Crews Rules
₪ Event will be round robin.
₪ All crews get to play one another and the one with the best record will win the event. In the event of a win/loss record tie, stocks from each battle will be counted to determine placements.
₪ Twenty (20) stock.
₪ Number of crew members can be 4-5 with no alternates.
₪ Forty (40) minute time limit.
₪ Items will be turned OFF
Random Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Yoshi's Story
Stage Strike Rule: Each crew can choose one (1) stage to remove from the random select list or available counterpicks. Players may choose to change their stage strike once between matches. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
Dave's Stupid Rule Modified: The same stage cannot be played twice in a row.
₪ At the beginning of the match, crews will write down on a separate piece of paper the name of the first player and the character that player will be using. Then both crews will present the player that will start the match. Order can be decided play by play after the first player.
₪ Player selection between matches is 1 minute only. After time has been called crew must select a player or be disqualified from the match.
₪ The first stage in a crew battle will be by random select or agreed upon by both crews. In subsequent matches, the player going in may either decide the next stage to be played on or choose to go random. AFTER random or counterpicking the next stage is decided upon, but BEFORE a stage is actually selected, each side has the opportunity to change their stage strike. If the stage is chosen by a player and after the stage is decided, the player of the opposing crew may change their character at this time. If random is selected, the opposing player must stay as the same character they used in the previous match. The player going in then selects their character and the match is played.
₪ Percent returns to 0 after you finish off an opponent. The returning player begins the match with the amount of stocks they had remaining from the previous match, and must self-destruct as many times as necessary to reach this stock total. After stocks are adjusted, the players begin the match on opposing ends and/or platforms of the stage. Any needles, charged shots, turnips, etc must be purged before the match can begin.

Brawl

Entry
Brawl Singles 10$
Brawl Doubles 14$ per team

Stages

Neutral
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

Counterpicks
* Delfino Plaza
* Luigi's Mansion
* Mario Circuit
* Great Sea
* Norfair
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Pictochat
* Green Hill Zone
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Elektro Plankton
* Shadow Moses Island
* Corneria
* Onett

Brawl Rules

Format
₪ Double elimination
₪ If we have enough people I will run pools for seeding. If not then it will be random seeding
₪ Three (3) stock
₪ Eight (8) minute time limit
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ Smashballs and items will be turned OFF
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.
Stage and Character selection: (Same as Melee)
Stage Strike Rule: (Same as Melee)
Dave's Stupid Rule Modified: The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

General
(Same as Melee General Rules)

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Just let me know if you're coming and I hope to see you all there. Thanks!

Results

4/28/07
Melee Singles
1st: teh_spamerer
2nd: Emblem Lord
3rd: Velocity
4th: Magus
5th: Cheezit
5th: Atomsk
7th: KNP/Gary
7th: Xeorogue
9th: Cradmazy
9th: DC Scribs
9th: Andres
9th: Nick B.
13th: Oorah-Kabra
13th: Chris L.
13th: Ed C.
13th: Mark F.
17th: Joun L.
17th: Bye
17th: John S.
17th: Gary N.

Melee Doubles
1st: Team Gimp (Spamerer + Magus)
2nd: Team Down (Oorah-Kabra + Velocity)
3rd: Team Futa (Emblem Lord + Atomsk)
4th: Stitch Missiles(Cheezit + Andres)
5th: Linkendorf (Cradmazy + Xeorogue)
5th: Oblivion (Mark F. + John S.)
7th: Treefrog (KNP/Gary + Ed C.)
7th: Nick (Nick B. + John L.)
5/19/07
Melee Singles
1st: Eggm
2nd: Reik
3rd: Pacman
4th: Emblem Lord
5th: Teh_Spamerer
5th: Wesley
7th: Magus
7th: Sneak
9th: Scar
9th: pockyD
9th: Xeorogue
9th: Velocity
13th: Cheezit
13th: metal_man
13th: Cradmazy
13th: Dot Eater
17th: Atomsk
17th: JFox
17th: Mark F.
17th: John S.
17th: Zak B.
17th: John L.
17th: Adam
17th: Chris L.

Melee Doubles
1st: Team Gimp
2nd: Wonder2thunder
3rd: Blue Lazer
4th: NJ Connection
5th: Futa
5th: Stitch Missiles
7th: Hot cheddar
7th: Tank
9th: Wb
9th: Oblivion
6/30/07
Melee Singles (Top 16 after swiss seeding with 26)
2nd: L2K
3rd: Emblem looooooord!!!
4th: Swiftbass
5th: Reik
5th: Velocity
7th: AlexTriad
7th: Wesley
9th: pockyD
9th: Atomsk
9th: Copycat
9th: Xeorogue
13th: Kwalk
13th: KNP
13th: Matt

Melee Doubles
1st: NJ Connection
2nd: Double teh Gheyness Double teh Fun
3rd: Cross-Eye'd Monkey Princesses
4th: Blood Lust
5th: Cheese and Crackers
5th: Hot Cheddar
7th: Double the Bass
7th: BRAWWWWLLIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN no lie so fly you know this
9th: Stitch Missles
9th: Awsome Forces!
9th: Oblivion
7/15/07
Melee Singles (Top 16 out of 24)
1st: LK
2nd: Eggm
3rd: Ryoko
4th: Reik
5th: Pacman
5th: Velocity
7th: Bass
7th: Wesley
9th: Keitaro
9th: JFox
9th: Liberati
13th: Franco
13th: Long
13th: Drakeford
13th: Derosa

Melee Doubles
1st: I Wonder what's for Dinner (Ryoko + Magus)
2nd: NJ Connection (Eggm + Reik)
3rd: Cheese and crackers (Velocity + Pacman)
4th: Cross Eyed Monkey Princesses
5th: Caucasian .... (I don't have the 2nd word written down lol)
5th: Roshan
7th: Oblivion
7th: All Johns
7th: Keitaro
8/19/07
Melee Singles (5 Pools of 5; Top 3 advance)
1st: Eggm/Reik (split even though eggm won the set even though he forfeited the pokefloats match)
2nd: Eggm / Reik
3rd: Sensei
4th: pockyD
5th: Wesley
5th: HBK
7th: Keitaro
7th: Jfox
9th: Cheezit
9th: Velocity
9th: Marcstar
13th: Copy
13th: Andres
13th: JFolres
(The above made it out of pools)
17th: Random smasher
17th: Adam
17th: John
17th: Kyle
17th: Will
17th: Bernard
17th: Warren
17th: **** Chang
17th: Matt

Melee Doubles
1st: Reik + Eggm
2nd: Sensei + Copy
3rd: Wesley + pockyD
4th: Keitaro + Atomsk
5th: Velocity + Cradmazy
5th: Bass + Marcstar
7th: Cheezit + Andres
7th: Benard + Matt
9/08/07
Melee Singles
1st: Eggm/Treble (Treble actually won the set)
2nd: Eggm/Treble
3rd: Sensei
4th: Bass
5th: WoZ
5th: Slikvik
7th: Cheezit
7th: Teh_spamerer
9th: Copy
9th: AlexTriad
9th: KNP
9th: Erik
(The above made it out of pools)
13th: John
13th: Marc
13th: Drew
13th: Rashad
13th: Kyle
13th: Melvin
13th: Junior

Melee Doubles
1st: Eggm + Treble
2nd: Sugar and Spice (WoZ + Sensei)
3rd: Copy my spam (Copy + Spamerer)
4th: KNP + Slikvik
5th: Stitch Missles (Cheezit + Andres)
5th: dmbrandon + AlexTriad
7th: Marc + John
7th: Bass + Junior
9th: Edd + Paul
9th: Drew + Kyle
9/30/07
Melee Singles
2nd: Veloctiy
3rd: Random Smasher
4th: Mark
5th: Cheezit
5th: Jeff
7th: Cradmazy
7th: Tom
9th: Gbursine
9th: Kyle
9th: Tom
9th: Paul
13th: Andrew
13th: Ed
13th: James
13th: Andrew
17th: Eric

Melee Doubles
1st: Eggm + Cheezit
2nd: Velocity + Cradmazy
3rd: Mark + John
4th: Andrew + Kyle
5th: Andrew + Kyle (...LOL they both had the same first names)
10/27/07
Melee Singles
1st: Treble
2nd: Eggm
3rd: Bass
4th: Inui
5th: LK
5th: Tec0
7th: Slikvik
7th: Lol_master
9th: Marcstar
9th: John S.
9th: Drew
13th: Random Smasher

Melee Doubles
1st: Eggm + Treble
2nd: Bass + Tec0
3rd: Inui + LK
4th: Slikvik + Lol_master
5th: Marc + John
5th: Drew + Kyle
7th: Andres + Cheezit
12/16/07
Melee Singles
2nd: Ryoko
3rd: Pakman
4th: Cactuar
5th: Magus
5th: Scar
7th: Tec0
7th: Inui
9th: JFox
9th: Rashad
13th: Mel
13th: Random Smasher
Melee Doubles
?
3/30/08
Brawl Singles
1st: M2K/dmbrandon (split)
1st: M2K/dmbrandon (split)
3rd: Velocity
4th: Keitaro
5th: Ronnie
5th: Inui
7th: Eggm
7th: JFox
9th: Charlie
9th: Jeff G.
9th: Jeffs
9th: Mark F.
13th: Q
13th: Kazzi
13th: Alex S.
13th: Nick V.
17th: Ben S.

Brawl Doubles
1st: M2K + Velocity
2nd: Keitaro + Eazy
3rd: Eggm's team
4th: ?
...?
...?

04/20/08

Melee Doubles
1st TSA NY (HBK & HAzzard)
2nd I'll Think about it ( Ryoko and Cactuar)
3rd Team Gimp (Magus & Spammer)
4th DoReno (Doyoung and Reno)
5th SWat (Alukard and DJnintendo)
5th Falco(n) (Scar and Eggm
7th Green is not very awsome(AlexTriad and Gmoney)
7th StarFox Elite
9th l2Slik (LK and and Slikvic

Melee Singles
1st Cactuar(Split)
1st Spam(Split)
1st eggm(split)
4th Hbk
5th Scar
5th Lk
7th DJnintendo
7th Hazzard
9th Alukard
9th Reno
9th magus
9th Ryoko
13th Slikvik
13th Cheezit
13th Gmoney
13th Eazy
Those who didn't make it out of pools
Clown
Chain-Ace
Swordz
Sterinyne
Gbursine
Ame
Tru
Kaos
Random Smasher
PickachuNoob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

JFox

Smash Hero
YAY Cheezit! Way to step it up and get your butt active in the community.

Edit: I didn't wanna post again and take up more space, but I'll do my best to be there! I'm crazy excited for this summer.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Thank you JFox your praise is so delightful! You should come to this i think your only like 25 mins away from here.

JFox

Smash Hero
I won't be able to make the first one because its end of the semester.

I think once we are all done with college(for those of us who are in college) smash will pick up quite a bit, especially for our area. LegendaryHero and C-Bomb are coming back home in central NJ, and I will be far less busy. I will almost definitely be at the next one though.

I will be putting this in the NJ Finder.

On an unrelated note: I wish more smashing would go on on some other day besides saturdays. Its so hard to take off work like every saturday.

Eggm

Smash Hero
This sounds hot and amazing i'm nearly positive theres a TSA biweekly or a TSA ccx event on the 28th tho, but for the non TSA biweeklies i'm at every one of these thats like less than 10 minutes from me <3 you for doing this and i'm real excited for summer too, good shizzies.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Eggm I spoke to WoZ according to him there is not a TSA biweekly on this saturday he told me it would be good to do it then. He also said in his early post somewhere that the ccx tourney was postponed because of the gauntlet on the 29th.

"That's perfect. Post about it now, since we're not planning to do a biweekly coming up."
Thats what WoZ told me.

And inui i am trying to get the price cheapened it s just its at a lan center not someones house. But if we get a lot of people from the smash community to start coming i'm sure he will cheapen it.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Eggm I spoke to WoZ according to him there is not a TSA biweekly on this saturday he told me it would be good to do it then. He also said in his early post somewhere that the ccx tourney was postponed because of the gauntlet on the 29th.

"That's perfect. Post about it now, since we're not planning to do a biweekly coming up."
Thats what WoZ told me.

And inui i am trying to get the price cheapened it s just its at a lan center not someones house. But if we get a lot of people from the smash community to start coming i'm sure he will cheapen it.
Ah ok i'll be there then.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Everyone better come, that way this might turn into biweeklies on the opposite weekends which would be uber amazing.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
im probobly not gonna make this one but im pretty sure when im home this place is about 15-20 minutes away which is awesome so i should be coming to these as much as possible in the summer provided i don't work saturdays

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Yah eggm once this becomes big we can probably turn it into a biweekly on opposite weekends. I have seen how it has gone with the surrounding area and we haven't had a bad turnout. like he asked me if i wanted to make it more often and i told him just wait to see how the turnout of the next 2 are. Hope to see a good amount of you there!

Also it won't have to always be Saturdays they can just be most convent sometimes if i have to it could be on ad Friday or Sunday in the summer maybe even a weekday cause the place stays open til 12 during the summer.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
The way things are going with TSA, it probably won't be called biweeklies anymore. We'd have to do our monthly CCX event, then we can do another event back at Emblem Lord's place, but since it wouldn't be an every two week event, it'll probably be something like a monthly training session or something.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
well if so this might be able to take over as a biweekly because the owner doesn't mind at all. Plus you don't have to worry about it being in someones house buying food all that stuff because its at this place already. i'll see how this turns out and then speak with the owner.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Reguarldess if the first couple dont' have a big turnout make it into a biweekly and more will come :) But people please show up biweeklies = hot and amazing we still need some. :)

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
cheezit has the owner talked any bit of lower the price yet? I can afford it this time but i dunno about the next month's tourny and if it is never planned on a TSA biweekly then it will be 3 weeks of smash which will be nice as hell

Cheezit

Smash Ace
if this one turns out good i can probably get him to lower the entree fee specially if this turns into a biweekly thing. More people show up!

JFox

Smash Hero
Velocity, did that post even make sense? Are u trying to say you would go to gaunlet instead of this? And how does one make the other easier? I'm confused...

Cheezit

Smash Ace
I think hes saying he going here then hes going to gauntlet because it will make his trip easier. Idk >< lol i could be wrong its hard to decifier.

ALSO EVERYONE WHO PLANS ON GOING SIGN UP HERE
Singles http://www.igames.org/Events.asp?Event=6892
Doubles http://www.igames.org/Events.asp?Event=6893

Signing up there makes it 10 dollars for each if u walk in without signing up its 2 extra dollars lo. Also just be nice to the people there we had like 26 people go last time we tried with just the community and a lot of them suck ... lol but yah be nice :p Hope to see people.

Velocity

Smash Lord
Velocity, did that post even make sense? Are u trying to say you would go to gaunlet instead of this? And how does one make the other easier? I'm confused...
you dont make sense

I think hes saying he going here then hes going to gauntlet because it will make his trip easier. Idk >< lol i could be wrong its hard to decifier.

QUOTE]

no your right thats exactly what im doing , and ill try to make my next post even harder to read and with out punct. and maybe ill mix it up and right words in random order or something

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'd do the fox ditto one if it were all neutral stages, we can do the yoshi one if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom