• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB 1 - No One Owns Better - CFL - Status Pending...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
NOOB 1 - No One Owns Better!
presented by Noob Testament
Hosted by Skrach

(As said by Skrach)

Alright people its about time that Noob Testament holds their first tournament. This tourney is going to be the tourney to bring all of Florida together. I just want the CFL smash scene to be consistent with good tournaments. Just keep it real and come to the tourney. OOSers need to come to this too!

Where: Where do think its gonna be held?!?! At UCF, get with the program. It's right next to Gigabits.

When: We are planning to hold this sometime in December or January for a Brawl tournament.

Schedule: 10:00 - 11:00 = Doubles Registration
......................11:00 - ??:?? = Doubles Tournament
......................Singles pools will start after a half hour to an hour lunch break after the Doubles Tournament finishes.
......................The first round of singles will begin after all pools have been completed.
......................Crews/Friendlies after Singles(?)

Pot:70/20/10 for both tournaments.

Fee: Door Fee - $5 (to pay for the venue, any remaining will go to pot), Singles - $15, Doubles - $20 per team

Food: We will be buying large amounts of Domino's Pizza (enough to satisfy the attendants). :chuckle:

Contact: If you have any questions, you can PM me or Skrach8, or hit one of us up on AIM. Mine is Shinedblind and his is Skrach8.

RULES:

Both Rules
  • 4 Stock
  • Double Elimination
  • 8 Min Time Limit
  • Matches are best 2 out of 3 until finals(3 out of 5)
  • Items are OFF
  • The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
    2 Minutes Late – Warning
    4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
    6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
Teams Rules
  • Mute city and FOD banned due to lag
  • Life-stealing allowed
  • TEAM ATTACK IS ON
Singles Rules
  • Stage Knockout: Each person knocks out one non-random stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match.
  • Random Reset: On the first match of a set, if a stage is randomed that a player does not like, he/she may reset it (you must announce to your opponent that you are resetting when you do so), and random again. This uses up your reset for the set. (For example: I am playing against a Peach, and we random Dreamland the first match. I can reset, and we random again. If my opponent does not like the next random, he/she can reset as well. Now we must play the next stage no matter which stage is randomed, even if a player had reset out of it earlier.)
  • Pools for singles, not sure if they're going to be elimination or strictly for seeding purposes yet.
Singles Random Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's story
  • Dreamland 64
Doubles Random Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's story
  • Dreamland 64
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Rainbow Cruise
Counterpicks
  • Corneria
  • Mute City
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Green Greens
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Pokefloats
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Brinstar
  • Jungle Japes
Banned Stages
  • Icicle Mountain
  • Great Bay
  • Flat Zone
  • Hyrule
  • Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Fourside
  • Big Blue
  • Yoshi's Pipes
  • Onett
  • Yoshi 64
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Venom
  • Peach's Castle
or...

(Thanks to phanna for this awesome pic:))
phanna said:
Red means banned
Yellow means able to be counter-picked
Green means neutral (on random)

The top of a box represents Singles, the bottom of a box represents Doubles.

IDEAS PEOPLE, we need ideas/suggestions!!! :chuckle:
Thanks to LimeFury for the format.

Attendance:
1. Skrach
2. Dop
3. Otru
4. Col-Bol
5. SheerMadness
6. D21 Fuego
7. XYZ
8. TBP
9. RIP
10. HardcoreBO!
11. Linguini
12. Rohins
13. Pritch(?)
14. RyuDeathstrike
15. Angry Lobster
16. Vision
17. RFX
18. Zoro
19. Hozart
20. The Law
21-25. QDVS and some SFWL!!!(?)
26. CmRoddy
27. vZakat
28. RAM(?)
29. Lex(?)
30. Lime(?)
31. DarkShy(?)
32. XIF(?)
33. vericz
34. uuaa
35. McScruff
36. BlitzSh4ft(?)
37. Dguy
38. -Chad-(?)
39. hiroshi(?)

Update:

Apparently it's been canceled...
Even though this attendence list is looking pretty promising... I'll talk to my crew about it...

To be continued...

Pritch

Smash Lord
Woooo, first post!

I'll try to make this, though I'll be in the panhandle instead of jacksonville by then. Which probably either means that I'll come and bring the north fl guys, or that I won't be able to make it at all. Hoping for the former.

skrach8

Smash Lord
ahhh i love it when there are two of the same threads. Isnt there a way you can have the same thread show up in two different sections?

Tourny is gunna ****.

What is a good date for this beast of a tourny.

RyuDeathstrike

Smash Cadet
Sounds interesting... I'll try best to come. I would perfer a Sat. or Sun. for the day due to summer-work, and sometime before July.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yooo we need to promote this! so starting from mid may ill post an advertisement, just like they did for innsomnia V, so we can get mad out of state people here...

Dop

Smash Journeyman
we should have cute little sigs, but u know...not just text and stuff.

like intense ones.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Louie if you want this to be huge with a lot of OOS'ers comming and such you'd better get a huge room at UCF. One of us that goes to UCF is going to have to rent it out too, because UCF students get 1/2 off.

Also if you get that EA job it could conflict with this. At the end of projects you work serious overtime which could easily eat up your weekend. I'd rent the room but I'd be too worried about possibly having to work.

skrach8

Smash Lord
yeah im gunna ask Mwarhead bout UCF rooms. He said he can hook it up with a room for free. As for the job. I have an interview on friday. but i think i have a final that day so i might reschedule. and if i cant attend the tourny im sure joe can handle this.

As for the OOS'ers if they want to come they're gunna be posting on this thread so lets wait to see how big this beast is gunna be.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
we should have cute little sigs, but u know...not just text and stuff.

like intense ones.
I know...for now though. *Goes to Manko's shop*

Louie if you want this to be huge with a lot of OOS'ers comming and such you'd better get a huge room at UCF. One of us that goes to UCF is going to have to rent it out too, because UCF students get 1/2 off..
I will pitch in if needed... :)

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there. I'll be home most likely. Will you host any scheduled smashfests over the summer Skrach? Could be good preparation for the tournament.

Peachtress

Smash Ace
Hellz yeah. Me and Lime might be able to make it, seeing that its summer .

Midsummer sounds good, and also, raising singles to 20 bux would attract mad ppl, especially OOS...

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
there are 3 summer tournaments which have a higher priority right now

Pound 2 is #1 cause i have the plane tickets already.

FC #2 cause its FC

Young Ice's cause its local and he deserves some attendance, plus it was here before this tournament.

so long as this doesnt conflict with that schedule wise and monetarily, i'll def. go.

oh, and change the stage rules, get rid of DSR or disallow random stage bans and go for random resets.

2 stage options that are infinitely better than the modified DSR:

The original DSR in which you cant pick the last stage where you won, meaning you can pick a stage you won on again once you have won another match between that (for the longer sets).

Much better is have a stage strike for counter picks and none for neutrals, but allow a random reset, where you can simply see the stage that comes up and reset before any damage is dealt. There is only 1 allowed per person and only on the first match (as that is the one that is random)

or better yet all FD. =)

OTRU...

Smash Champion
k so i was discussin the date with colbol n queen, apparently june 9th sounds pretty good cuz there r no major tounies on that day n plus its a week before pound so its def awesome practice for everyone whos goin

LEMME KNOW WHAT U GUYS THINK

Pritch

Smash Lord
Noob1 = various assortment of fl peoples that you play with on a pretty regular basis

NY = PC Chris, DA in general, etc

Who's fvcked here?

Dop

Smash Journeyman
by the time most of you read this i'll be in south florida =X

ill miss you NT + hozart
like a lonely old man misses his active youthful sex life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom