• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Supercussions Fox Tricks - A Fox Trick Demonstrational Video

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
this is my first video! yay! haha. anyway. this video contains fox tricks and a couple of silly things with it. such as moonwalking and such. it has illusion stalls, firefox stalls, laser movements, fast falled back landing, doraki instant wall jump, shine tricks. no action replay was used. i forgot to put it normal SHL, just for your info.

The camera work is all from a digital camera. i dont have the equipment and money to afford video recording equipment. sorry for the low quality clips.

*If you think that these tricks are easy, then please dont nag at me and say negative things about the way that i play and that i suck or whatever... just please watch my first video.

*i also didnt discover these tricks. half of them were found on my own but it was discovered before i knew about it. it has old tricks MAYBE some new tricks. i dont know if everything was covered in any other video.

Comments are Greatly Appreciated.
Thanks a lot for watching =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNuQicAlmPA

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
backlanding is done by pressing the opposite direction just before you land, you shoot your laser. it shouldnt shoot before you land. the laser allows fox to turn around in the opposite direction. to fast fall, instead of pressing left or right, you press the direction you want to turn but diagonal.....get it..?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Pretty cool., although I had seen most of them. One that I haven't seen is backlanding. Do you just flick behind you and laser immediately before hitting the ground?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Wouldn't it technically be a LITTLE BIT (not in a sarcastic way) more useful to hit B earlier and let one laser come out? I mean, there's the same lag either way and if it hits, you can't go wrong with extra damage...

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
mindgames buddy =) they would think youre gonna do an aerial attack, cause they dont see a laser....and what you land you can immidiately grab or do an attack...even jab.

i recorded this off of my digital camera here at home. it was mounted on my computer chair, stacked by a chess set and a small box so that it would be leveled with my TV =)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That ending just for Shoyo awards you an AA+. You are the fastest fox in Hawaii, and our style points.

Great first video. I love the shine turn around to edge hog to triple lazer. The SHDL is cool too, I wish I could do that one. Esspecially the moving one. hehehe no action replay. lolz

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
LoL guys, thanks. screw me????

"whatever shoyo"

just so you non hawaiians know, the ending is an inside joke.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Miharu

Smash Hero
Nice, I liked the backlanding; it's something new.

There's probably a few more useless tricks out there though...make a sequel ^^

CellFox

Smash Rookie
eyyy. those are some good moves. i think i just found a training video. haha. i need lots of training. maybe il make a video showing off some day.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Nice stuff man. Insanely technical at points. The music was cool too. Only thing was the video quality. At parts I could barely see what you were displaying. Impressive still.

addict

Smash Rookie
best fox movement tricks video i'v evr seen of all...very helpful too
:)

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Nice video. The only thing I have a problem with is the jump cancel shine. You probably didn't use action replay but is that somethin you can do in the middle of a match while doin somethin like a drill or neutral air before that. And are you doin it in a way where you don't have to shift your fingers to just focus on doin a move like that? Not tryin to rant on you about it but the jc shine isn't somethin that should be boasted unless that's somethin you can do in an actual match against someone. I like the video though nice work.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Some things are still cool in a match or not.
I don't think you really need to show how it is done. You have the visuals, people look up the MANY instructional FAQs out there and they can compare their outcome to a video. SHDL doesn't really need an explanation...most of the stuff you can tell hwo it is done by using common sense. A lot of people seemed stumped on the backlanding, but that is one of my favorites.
It is a cool video, though, I actually saw this video before this topic, longest trick video, so that means something. Some of that stuff is pretty tricky to do without messing up for the amount of recording time, and you did pretty good.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
can someone plz tell me exactly how to shdl cuz the only way i can do it is by using the control stick to jump, is that the only way?

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
blackpanther, me boasting about the "no action replay" thing is just something i can do that many cant. in the beginning of the video i said that these tricks may be useful & useless in your play. plus, i CAN aerial - like 2-4 shines if i want to. for the video i kept making clips until i went passed 10 shines.

theblackrose, see my year old thread here.... http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70546

HylianLord

Smash Ace
mmm how is the instant wall jump done? i tried letting go of the edge with cstick, DIing towards the stage then walljumping but that'd only work on something like yoshis story. hmm... i noticed you jump down every time before the wall jump. do you jump off so that you already have the DI towards the stage when you let go or something? ahh fill me in! i'm cubeless right now, can't try anything T_T

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
you drop down, di toward the stage, so that you "rub" against the stage. but you need to double jump at the point where the peak of your double jump is when you grab the edge. this "activates" the instant walljump so when you tap the analog stick away you should wall jump. i've only done this with fox, mario, and young link. but its possible to instant walljump with all wall jumpers except shiek, falco, and samus.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
you drop down, di toward the stage, so that you "rub" against the stage. but you need to double jump at the point where the peak of your double jump is when you grab the edge. this "activates" the instant walljump so when you tap the analog stick away you should wall jump. i've only done this with fox, mario, and young link. but its possible to instant walljump with all wall jumpers except shiek, falco, and samus.
Does this work on any stage where you brush up against the edge of the stage, or only on FD?

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
i've only done it on FD and i think poke' stadium(but it was on accident)

there are a lot of non tournament legal stages that you can do this.

ps dont ask me about the instant walljump, ask doraki.

but i have something to ask him myself too.
i instantwalljumped during my illusion stall. why does it do that?

Top Bottom