• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harden For Glory! The Official Metapod Thread!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Metapod for Brawl

Metapod is a Bug type cocoon Pokémon and is one of the 493 fictional species of Pokémon from the franchise.Metapod appear as large, bright-green chrysalis, and only their eyes are visible within and it's appearance resembles a Swallowtail butterfly pupa.

Metapod was one of Ashes first Pokémon in the Pokémon (though, being caught in his Caterpie form.) As well as being one of the first Pokémon you could catch in the first Pokémon video game series. I noticed the
Pokémon Poll thread had a lot good choices for possible Brawl characters such as Blaziken and Hitmonlee....and Paras. But i was shocked to see that the one Pokémon perfect for Brawl wasn't one of the choices! A lot of you would agree, Metapod would be perfect for Brawl because of his unique style and image.

Imagine it! Metaknight vs Metapod! Who will be stronger at the top of their Metagame?

And for those of you who disagree, continue to read and i'll try to persuade you. =]

B neutral -- Stiffen: Metapod would become exponentially heavier and be impossible to throw. Though, damage can still be given.
B forward -- Tackle: Similar to Luigi's Green missile or Pikachus/Pichus head butt.

B up -- Sharpen: Metapod pauses in the air and sharpens (pausing much like Fox's Firefox) and trusts rapidly upwards at a curve.

B down -- Stun Spore: Metapod sprays a stun spore from every direction except the top (and bottom). In a similar fashion to Ice Climber's Down-B.

Brawl attack: Evolves into a Butterfree and does silver wind across the stage

A: Rapid Tap (like Pichu)
tiltA: Head Swing
downA: Body Sweep
upA: Head butt (like Peach)
DashA: Ram

Fair: Forward Head Swipe (similar to Marth)
Dair: Flip Flick (Similar to Mewtwo)
Bair: Tail Flick (Similar to Mewtwo)
Uair: Flip with tail (Similar to Mewtwo)
Nair: Aerial Spin

Fsmash: Head butt forward
Usmash: Head butt upwards
Dsmash: Downward Spin (Similar to Sheik)

Throw: He will grab the opponent with a string shot. Metapod will attack the opponent by constricting the string shot.

Shield --Harden: Metapod's signature move. Metapod's shield would be one of the best shields in the game because it doesn't shrink and stays at a consistent size. Also, to make it even more broken, the person who is foolish enough to attack Metapod while he is shielding will take that amount of damage from their attack onto themselves.

When Kirby swallows Metapod, Kirby will turn green and grow the four tips.

Taunt:
DEVASTATING!

Alternate Costume:

I'm sure there will be others, like a blue bow or something ridiculous like that.

Special Abilities:
Just as Ike has "Super Armor" or whatever it's called which decreases knock back or damage or something. I forget. Metapod however, has "Shed Skin" which allows him to recover from "Dizziness" from a broken shield or "Sleep" from the affect given by Bellossom and Jigglypuff, assuming they return.

Stats:
3/5 Weight
4/5 Power
2/5 Speed
3/5 Jump

There you have it. I hope you enjoyed reading Harden For Glory!

~Janitor​

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
How is B not Harden? He could become exponentially heavier, and be impossible to throw. So you could stay that way for a while, but people could wrack up damage on you so it isn't a broken move.

Not that this is some kind of topic that isn't ********, anyway.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hey, i kinda like that idea! But i'll use Stiffen for his B and Harden as his shield.
???

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But, uh...how's he supposed to...y'know, walk forwards?

I commend thee for having the iron balls needed to make a thread about Metapod, though.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Good God. It's gotten to the point where we've even run out of good ideas for ******** threads. We need some new Brawl info pronto.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
OMG....I mean seriously...like OMG. If Metapod actually appears in Brawl....OMG....I would like shoot myself...OMG.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Back when I knew about like 10 pkmn, Metapod was my favorite. The whole meta-meta-metapod in endless sucsession, awesome.

But anyways, If you put in Metapod, you gotta put in Kakuna, and that's one fighting game cocoon to many.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
OMG yes the way you put it is awesome great idea metapod FTW!!!!11one11!!!eleven11

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Metapod.......Metapod.........are you for real Janitor?

The Titanic known as the Brawl Character Discussion section is sinking fast.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

Further proof gentlemen that Harden is the only move necessary for victory.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Metapod = Victory

I put it in a mathematical equation so everyone can understand!

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
B - Harden
B > - Harden
B v - Harden
B ^ - Harden

Best. Character. Ever.
Well second best... Tetrimino is the pwnage:

B - Rotate
B > - Rotate
B v - Rotate
B ^ - Rotate