• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team OC NooBs Present: "The Marth Falco Pro...2"

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Well, we finally got around to making another combo video ("we" as in The Predator only lol) This is my second combo video, that's pretty much too it. This is mostly for entertainment and slightly to show off even though I'm not that special. *Note: Yes, my name is Marth/Falco Pro and the combo video says Marth Falco Pro but please, for the love of god, please do NOT take my name literally, I'm NOT a PRO and DO NOT point out that I suck and say "U sux0rs" or whatever, Thank you and enjoy. All credit goes to The Predator and I'd like to thank him very much for his work and his time. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_rSGGMP3jE

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
You have some decent intermediate Marth combos there. The editing was kind of questionable at times, though. Also you should play on a bigger variety of stages :p :p

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Ah, I appreciate the suggestions and positive feedback. If there's anything you feel that the editor should change, please tell us right away! We're aiming to make awesome combo videos such as Kaze No Kizzu and such. I was really hoping that my combo video would be like Kaze No Kizzu but unfortunately, the editing wasn't the same or possibly not good enough. This video wasn't as flashy as I hoped either, I had done a ton of Ken combos but the editor had forgotten about them and only put combos that weren't that special and didnt kill. Maybe it'll be better next time. Thanks again for your time =)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
If there's anything you feel that the editor should change, please tell us right away!
Hm, okay, you asked for this so don't take offense :)
For sure have some consistency between fades. Some clips just appeared immediately after one another, and others faded inexplicably. Work on cutting out longer chunks before combos start and after they end (IMO things like GameSet only needs to be visible for a few frames) to keep from breaking up the flow. Although it's not always possible, try to avoid clips that don't end in a strong move (there was an especially confusing clip of you vs a sheik that ended RIGHT after you did a nair -- a total Marth combo continuer). Some other questionable clips included an entire clip of you teching a Fox dthrow, and a few slo-mo's of you fairing people into the side of FD. If you were to trim down some clips this probably would have made for a very fulfilling 3 minute video.
Having said that, even though it's nice to see that you don't take yourself overly seriously, there really are some very good intermediate marth combos in this. My favorite is probably the clip starting at 3:00. Keep it up :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
You definitely improved since The Marth Falco Pro 1, I can tell you that. It was an enjoyable video; keep it up.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Hm, okay, you asked for this so don't take offense :)
For sure have some consistency between fades. Some clips just appeared immediately after one another, and others faded inexplicably. Work on cutting out longer chunks before combos start and after they end (IMO things like GameSet only needs to be visible for a few frames) to keep from breaking up the flow. Although it's not always possible, try to avoid clips that don't end in a strong move (there was an especially confusing clip of you vs a sheik that ended RIGHT after you did a nair -- a total Marth combo continuer). Some other questionable clips included an entire clip of you teching a Fox dthrow, and a few slo-mo's of you fairing people into the side of FD. If you were to trim down some clips this probably would have made for a very fulfilling 3 minute video.
Having said that, even though it's nice to see that you don't take yourself overly seriously, there really are some very good intermediate marth combos in this. My favorite is probably the clip starting at 3:00. Keep it up :)
Thanks a lot for helping us out by telling us what we need to improve on! I definitely wont take offense since you're just trying to help :) My personal favorite combo was starting around 1:50 ( I actually did it by accident and improvised xD) Thanks for all of the positive feedback everyone!

Top Bottom