• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
after playing brawl/ all of my attempts to use melee pika were horrible.

i think i should even take my name out of that top pika thread because of it

lmao
Im right there with you Philly. I cant even freaking jump anymore in melee. I would have to go through a melee bootcamp to get my skills back at that game.

Also, if you approach with forward air in brawl, you're doing it wrong. Start learning pika's quick attack tricks.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Im right there with you Philly. I cant even freaking jump anymore in melee. I would have to go through a melee bootcamp to get my skills back at that game.

Also, if you approach with forward air in brawl, you're doing it wrong. Start learning pika's quick attack tricks.
Quick attack tricks? What you mean like the QAC? That doesn't really help...

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord

It should take two minuets in training mode to restore your skillz.
Quick attack tricks for approaching? are you talking about QAC? Can you elaborate.
*Goes to Brawl Pikachu subforum*

festizzio

Smash Champion
I can't make it to that because I'm going to the Florida one a month later. >_> Unless for some reason that one doesn't work out, then I'll go.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Holy cow, am I the only one who tried to play melee again only to do a QA into the ground and be knocked senseless? Or skullbash back to the stage/edge only to SD or be punished. And I can't for the life of me remember what my strategies were. I feel slightly saddened that I'm now terrible at sweetspotting after I used to have some finely honed sweetspotting skills.

My opinion on brawl vs melee pika. If you don't QAC, you'll probably like melee pikachu better. If you do QAC and become proficient, you'll like brawl pikachu better. I love melee pika but his attacks and overall movement feel slow to me now, even if melee is overall faster it doesnt feel that way with pika. Plus his tilts are godly I'm just finding out.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I QAC and I still like Melee better. I like the quick attack better in Melee, seeing how long you can go without touching the ground or dying on jungle japes is too much fun. :D

Skler

Smash Master
Hey N64, are you going to GA? I might be able to make it down there.

Glad to hear you hate Brawl, real men play Melee.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Real men have played Melee for so long that they learn a new game that then gets boring so they go back to melee.

Skler

Smash Master
Real men have played Melee for so long that they learn a new game that then gets boring so they go back to melee.
Yes. Also, if Melee ever got boring for you, Ziggy mc Zaglson, then you did it wrong. Melee has room for improvement. Brawl has room to ftilt...harder? Really isn't much to keep my interest, I'd rather learn cool **** in Melee then perfect my ftilt spacing with Snake in Brawl.

Edit: But different strokes for different folks. If you like Brawl play it.

N64

Smash Champion
I shouuuuuuld be able to make it up there. I'm taking summer classes in GA, and my finals are the day before it I believe heh. So i'm planning to. Mostly I have to figure out a ride situation there (I'm 2 hours south of atlanta atm).

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Being able to QAC and QACing proficiently are two different things.
Yes. Also, if Melee ever got boring for you, Ziggy mc Zaglson, then you did it wrong. Melee has room for improvement. Brawl has room to ftilt...harder? Really isn't much to keep my interest, I'd rather learn cool **** in Melee then perfect my ftilt spacing with Snake in Brawl.
Clearly you don't know much about brawl. Real men will play whatever they want and both games are cool so gtfo with your instigative comments please don't bring that debate to the pika boards.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Being able to QAC and QACing proficiently are two different things.

Clearly you don't know much about brawl. Real men will play whatever they want and both games are cool so gtfo with your instigative comments please don't bring that debate to the pika boards.
no u

10char

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Comparing pika abilities on a pika board is different from trying to instigate hate for an entire game. I didn't think it would take rocket science to figure out :/ .

Real men hate Brawl, but take advantage of the fact you don't have to practice (at the moment) to get some money from it.
That doesnt make any sense, wouldnt that mean you're less likely to make money if everyone can be good? Clearly you don't know what your talking about, again stop trying to bring that stuff to the pika board. My point being it's pretty pathetic that others who have no reason to come to the pika board are posting just to say brawl sucks. Keep it in one of the other hundred mindless debate threads in the forums dedicated to it.

Skler

Smash Master
N64 if you can read this, get on AIM.

Also hi everybody, pikachu is SOOOOOOO awesome. Hating on brawl is really fun though, don't mention brawl at all and nobody will talk about it. However as soon as brawl is mentioned I will usually lay down some hate, just for ****s and giggles.

N64

Smash Champion
so uh

Who of the pikas is going to the Greatest Melee Tournament Since Brawl? In Atlanta GA, early june.
Me
Chad
???
Profit

it'll be funsies!

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'm going to Florida. >_> I would much prefer two days of Melee followed by two days of the beach to two days of Melee in smelly Georgia.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
That doesnt make any sense, wouldnt that mean you're less likely to make money if everyone can be good? Clearly you don't know what your talking about, again stop trying to bring that stuff to the pika board. My point being it's pretty pathetic that others who have no reason to come to the pika board are posting just to say brawl sucks. Keep it in one of the other hundred mindless debate threads in the forums dedicated to it.
You right I don't know what I am talking about I am terrible in both smash games. =( I will say you don't need much game knoweledge or tech skill. So that leaves mindgames which....transfers from other games.
I'm going to Florida. >_> I would much prefer two days of Melee followed by two days of the beach to two days of Melee in smelly Georgia.
You are just being stupid. Stop being stupid. <_<

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You right I don't know what I am talking about I am terrible in both smash games. =( I will say you don't need much game knoweledge or tech skill. So that leaves mindgames which....transfers from other games.

You are just being stupid. Stop being stupid. <_<
i wouldn't say you don't need game knowledge. Like, you need to know that metaknights glide attack is unpunishable if used close to the ground :-P

But I spent 2 years practicing in Melee and I still suck
on the flipside, I spent 2 months learning matchups up in Brawl and I'm top 5 in Alabama or something?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I play normal Pikachu. The hats look kinda dumb.

Now if it had a Light Ball and thus double Special Attack... or possibly a Shell Bell to recover one eighth of damage given... hmmm...

festizzio

Smash Champion
The red hat is old news, s'all about the green ninja. ...

JUST LIKE ROCK LEE!! :O I JUST realized that.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I don't ever remember them being very active... heck, even the Brawl Pika boards are pretty dead. I guess nobody wants to play as him anymore. :(

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
well they were more active than they are now. and as far as playing pika...i still main him and i'm better with him than any other characters, but i've really been starting to feel his limitations. i mean...he's such a crappy character(as far as melee goes)!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
There is no ninja headband Pikachu, unless we're speaking of that game that shouldn't be spoken of on these boards.

We don't take kindly to Brawl sympathizers here.

Top Bottom