• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade MV 2nd Brawl tourney!

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeeeeeeeeah it wasnt't Jing.
I forget exactly but it was something like Vudo or that.
I just know he had the Lakers shirt on and while I was playing him I felt like rocking off the side for all my 3 stock.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
what are you talking about? Ling Ling is that cute little Pikachu copy in that cartoon "Drawn Together"

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
so if it wasn't jing or ping... it has to be ling ling....
Or ... it could be me ... "Vado" (not Vudo).

And if it makes you guys feel better about Pit, I got tornado-Dsmash owned by a Metaknight in the loser's bracket in 3 matches (after Piing cleaned me up in 2 with Marth/Olimar in the winners)

I know that arrows annoy the tar out of people, but I find Pit to be a whole lot more fun to play than the Snakes/Metaknights/ROBs I tend to see all over these boards. Granted, this was only the second tournament I've ever been to (the first one being in Santa Barbara) and I'm still getting used to the whole tournament scene (hence the confusion about counterpicking rules—thanks again for helping clear that up, Piing!)

storm92

Smash Ace
Haha no hard feelings man, it's just that Pit was the epitome of the Brawl campy metagame.
I was the guy who's controller broke...
As if you all hadn't heard my johns enough though. =P

The SoCal community is so chill.

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
Haha no hard feelings man, it's just that Pit was the epitome of the Brawl campy metagame.
I was the guy who's controller broke...
As if you all hadn't heard my johns enough though. =P

The SoCal community is so chill.
Yeah, that stinks about your controller. Fortunately, you can still get the corded silver GC ones last I checked. And I gotta say, john or no john, controller breaking mid-match is a pretty good john, lol.

As far as Pit campiness goes, I guess it kinda speaks to my personality. I've always looked at Melee/Brawl from a defensive standpoint ... I think of it as a defensive game first and see attacking as a risk ... as sticking your neck out there! So when Brawl came out, I naturally gravitated toward Pit and his leet (and fun to aim, IMO) arrows. Plus, I played Kid Icarus on the original NES and Pit's a stinkin' dual-wielding angel! Gotta love it!

In the end, though, I don't see Pit's arrow-spam as a big threat to the fate of Brawl. After all, they start at 5% and dip down to 3%. Let's say I hit you with 3 of them in a row... that's maybe 12-13%? Which is about ONE of Snake's grenades ... or ONE Metaknight Tornado ... people don't get mad when a solitary grenade hits them, but three arrows is somehow cause for volcanic eruptions. =P MAYBE if Pit were winning tournaments left and right, I could see people putting him on their black-list ... but until then, I'm keeping Metaknight in my "most-loathed" character slot.

Top Bottom