• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Lucario Match-Up Chart/Discussion- Rotation Eighteen: Olimar~

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The Olimar and Lucario discussions widely vary on our matchup. Not only that, but there are no vids of Double teams easily available for either side to present, which gives me the impression that large parts of this matchup are being decided on paper rather than practice. The two boards need to actually learn how to fight eachother's characters before accurate information can be posted here.

Timbers

check me out
Saying whether DT is viable or not is NOT on paper. DT is frowned on because every other match is bad to use it, I'm not sure why DT against a character with such low lag on his moves would suddenly be a good reason to use DT.

I use to use DT in this match, and the Olimars started wisening up quickly and alwaysthrew up their shield whenever I'd DT, so I stopped using it

DT is good for match-ups like D3, Snake, DK, etc. Heavy characters. MAYBE(big maybe) against MK, depending on the situation, because he moves around so fast that he may or may not have time to land on the ground and keep his shield on to block it. But against Olimar? Mmmm...I wouldn't say it's even good for approaching, because his grab range is so long. It won't do you any good to reverse DT into his grab range. Don't use it against him, it's not advised.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Due to a complete lack of time, Kita will now be running the match-up discussions. It's been fun, guys! ;D

Maybe I'll stop by when you guys start discussing Wario. : )

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Once the Olimar discussion is over, I'll make the new thread for the export and the discussion will start on the next character.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
stay away from purple pikmin, they are killer.
his recovery is easy to gimp being tether and all, but it does have a hit box.. dont cliffhog too early!

moar coming soon

Browny

Smash Hater
Awesome i cant wait!

Ive heard something about olimar being able to jump, can you confirm/deny this for me G-beast?

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
Awesome i cant wait!

Ive heard something about olimar being able to jump, can you confirm/deny this for me G-beast?
I detect sarcasm lol. I've seriously never been up against a good Olimar player though. The most experience I have would be fighting cpu's. Yeah not much input from me here...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I'll have a review done sometime Kita/jeeps.

However this thread has dwindled down to a low roar.
So that might be for a bit.

sigh...
-t2

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Alright guys, stop posting in this thread, it's finished. The thread's operator has changed hands to Kitamerby. Post in that thread. This one will be unstickied and that one will be stickied eventually.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Freaking Olimar. My 3rd least favorite matchup (aside from ICs and Pit).....

Luigi's Mansion = DO NOT WANT! I have a friend who mains him and a match with Olimar in that **** house gets really gay really fast. There's a really nasty throw>up-b combo he can do and the projectile-blocking pillars do more for him than for you. He will grab you through them. Basically an Olimar can go grab-happy, up-b aerial approaches, and Dsmash anything that even looks like a roll.

Frigate is probably the best way to go. I believe that the platform structure is more advantageous to Lucario because of his Utilt and Fair, and the wicked no edged side will make him sad.

I wouldn't suggest Final Destination either because he can outcamp your face.
Battlefield might be good if Lucario has adequate superiority in the air.

Against Olimar, good advice would be to end the match before it begins. Rack up some damage, then use your F/Bthrow over ledges and jump out to edgegaurd/gimp.

One of the biggest problems about Olimar is that, similar to sonic (only worse) his moves all look the same. It's difficult to know when he will try to grab/throw pikmin/smash/some other madness. Learn the differences in appearance between his moves as best you can. That will help you from getting mindgamed or whatever.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I wonder if spacing an Extreme Awesome on Weegee's Mansion, then following with utilt/jab/etc. would be a good approach option against Olimar, lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While ignoring the trollish comment above, Pit is better than one thinks, and I shall come with some data based on Aura Sphere and Pit's reflectors. You might learn a little something outta it.

I personally see this as 50-50 for some reason, for Lucario has great range and power as his damage increases, and is quite heavy, but Pit can fight back with Arrow gimps and Edgehogging, as well as having an exceptional Ledgecamp game.

EDIT: I got confused on things and found the thread currently discussing Pit. My apologies. Continue with the Olimar discussion.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Someone lock this thread please, People keep posting in it. >_>

Top Bottom