• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "We Love Brawl" Thread

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
I love this game too. The adventure mode was excellent (far better than Melee's), it's classic mode is far better than Melees (more difficulty). The lottery thing is also supposed to be better (i have never actually done it, never bothered). Its got the challenges and things to unlock (you look forward to that). It's menus look nicer, the graphics are nicer, and the menus are set out better.

I have yet to play any human players except for my brother and I only play CPUs. But lately I've been struggling to play Free for all etc battles with these CPUs because they play so boringly. I p00n them like crazy ofcourse, but when I play those sort of fun battles with more than 1 opponent I sort of lose focus and just try to have fun, you know? So I'm throwing some FSmashes and they just roll away and then roll and then roll, what the ****? And then I think ffs, why do I bother with this 4-player cpu **** (including 1 human, my brother) and then I back off and then they come in and start hitting me!!! And then I try to attack them (I'm still just mucking around and having fun) and they roll and dodge again!!! Wtf!!! Mind you I can own lvl 7-9s so bad its not funny, I just dont play them much anymore and instead I just go onto training mode when my brother isn't also playing.

Training mode is also very good but only one person can go into it =(

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
brawl improved many aspects from melee and it's awesome for what it is. btw, props to the guy who made the comic.

pokeman800

Smash Cadet
Either Hyrule or Dreamland... depends on my mood.
This quote applies to those not willing to accept Brawl and are sticking to Melee:

"What's the matter? Scared?" -Wolf O'Donnel

:p

Edit: Yes, I love Brawl.
Nice, but I got a better one:

"Fight me!"-Metaknight
Anyway, I love brawl too. I have played it every single second I possibly can since it came out. (The power count says iv'e turned it on 134 times) I honestly think people are being too hard on the game. And if I ever meet anyone that hates the game, they will have to deal with me! (drags Ike outta the game and takes Ragnell) DIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I LOVE THIS GAME

So many stages and songs and character playstyles *gasp* *gasp* and finally characters I actually wanted and *gasp* *gasp*

Anyway, I'm very happy with this game, and it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to.

People who cant accept it, or cant let go of Melee, need to stop flaming the Brawl boards.

GD4E is an "I love Brawl" club member. (Thats me)

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I love Brawl so much, I bought it before I got the Wii. I've never done that before.

Well, except with Melee.
Me too. I use other peoples' consoles, they play Brawl with me. Win-win scenario.

I meant Christmas '01, when Melee came out.
Gotcha.

I love this game too. The adventure mode was excellent (far better than Melee's), it's classic mode is far better than Melees (more difficulty). The lottery thing is also supposed to be better (i have never actually done it, never bothered). Its got the challenges and things to unlock (you look forward to that). It's menus look nicer, the graphics are nicer, and the menus are set out better.

I have yet to play any human players except for my brother and I only play CPUs. But lately I've been struggling to play Free for all etc battles with these CPUs because they play so boringly. I p00n them like crazy ofcourse, but when I play those sort of fun battles with more than 1 opponent I sort of lose focus and just try to have fun, you know? So I'm throwing some FSmashes and they just roll away and then roll and then roll, what the ****? And then I think ffs, why do I bother with this 4-player cpu **** (including 1 human, my brother) and then I back off and then they come in and start hitting me!!! And then I try to attack them (I'm still just mucking around and having fun) and they roll and dodge again!!! Wtf!!! Mind you I can own lvl 7-9s so bad its not funny, I just dont play them much anymore and instead I just go onto training mode when my brother isn't also playing.

Training mode is also very good but only one person can go into it =(
Training mode can be set to multiplayer by going to the menu in training mode and setting CPU to 'Control'.

As for my opinion...I love Smash Bros. Period. Brawl was intentionally castrated competitive-wise, but that's not going to put me off of my favorite franchise. Not playing won't hurt anyone but me; Sakurai had my cash back in December and he's "done" with Smash (I pray to God it's true), so he won't lose any sleep over our gripes.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There are obviously some spots where there's room for improvement, but can't that be said about just about any game? You can say the same about Melee, and Melee isn't half as epic as Brawl. 270 songs in the game? 41 Stages + a Stage Builder? A large roster? Melee was (and is) good, but Brawl is just...way past epic.

I love Brawl. :bee:

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I can't hate on Brawl. I popped Melee in last week since the Wii was occupied and was totally put back as to the sheer gravity of everything. Bowser was a lead rock; even Jiggs (who I had wiped the floor with in a local tourney 3 weeks prior) was weighted down. It's amazing how quickly I had unlearned everything...I felt sad knowing I had killed my skill in a game I poured 4-7 years of my life into, but you gotta move on.

Top Bottom