• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive players won't dominate???

Mr.C

Smash Master
The problem is that it's much easier to do and much harder to screw up in Brawl. Whoops, you mistimed and didn't grab the ledge, quickly, Up B and auto-sweetspot for invicinbility! If you mess up, you no longer have to panic possibly messing up your timing, not sweetspotting and getting punished for it since most Up Bs auto-sweetspot now.
Ya thats pretty much what I'm saying. =]

Edit: And while this "new players won't get good at this game" is probably true to a great extent (and i am sure most of the people sounding confident that they will be the best won't get close) there will for sure be some new people that will come up on top. If not completely new to competitive gaming then at least a few people with no past experience from exactly smash, but has been playing other games competetively.
No one is saying new players won't get good at the game, lol. I encourage everyone to play Melee/Brawl. Anyone with practice can get good at this game. But the people who think they are automatically going to be good and play even with the competitive players as soon as Brawl comes out.... they are highly mistaken lol. Its going to be the same thing thats happened in Melee, a good competitive player that has experience with the game will play a casual gamer....the casual gamer will get 2-4 stocked call everything that the other person was doing "cheap" then come on the boards and complain about competitive smash and how it ruins the game.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Its going to be the same thing thats happened in Melee, a good competitive player that has experience with the game will play a casual gamer....the casual gamer will get 2-4 stocked call everything that the other person was doing "cheap" then come on the boards and complain about competitive smash and how it ruins the game.
That pretty much sums up the thread.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Oh yes of course. Then i agree with you on that :)

Especially the cheap part is bound to happen. That is just how scrubs work. If they lose then it's because something cheap was involved :p

Kips

Smash Ace
Every time you beat a scrub they say it's cheap, it's unfair and that they would have won if you hadn't done that bull****. That's just the way they are; they need justification for their loss instead of taking it as a sign to improve.

Top Bottom