• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Bead

Smash Ace
personally i think they might make diferent skins for some characters, like have pikachu but move up a few colors and he turns into pichu, same with mario, young link, falco, roy, all the "clones" ive just got this feeling that they are gonna try to keep all the SSBM characters, and if they do take them away they will probally just make them into assist trophys

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I really can't see Pichu being Pikachu's costume. His head is bigger, has a smaller body, and a smaller tail. It wouldn't really work.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario
Young Link (Cell-shaded Link instead)
Falco (Big IF Wolf O'Donnel isn't in)
Pichu
Ice Climbers (& another Big IF Plusle & Minun are not in)
Roy
Sheik (Zelda stays)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
personally i think they might make diferent skins for some characters, like have pikachu but move up a few colors and he turns into pichu, same with mario, young link, falco, roy, all the "clones" ive just got this feeling that they are gonna try to keep all the SSBM characters, and if they do take them away they will probally just make them into assist trophys
For certain characters, I do support the alternate costume idea. But, some of the ones you mentioned, I disagree with.

Young Link: He's literally just a shorter, lighter Link. In order to make him an alternate costume of Link, you'd actually have to change his physics and hitboxes. There's no way to just dress adult Link like young Link.

Falco: He's not, in reality, all the much like Fox. They're from the same game, and are on the same team, but that's pretty much where the similarities stop. Yeah, Falco was a clone in Melee (and I'm thankful he was in at all), but he's really a different character. And if need be, he could certainly get a new moveset.

Pichu: Basically, the same reasons I posted for Link, only to a lesser degree (there isn't as much of difference in height and weight with Pichu and Pikachu as there is with the Links.)

I don't care at all about the FE characters, so if Marth's back, he can get a Roy costume if need be. Or Ike can get a Marth costume, whatever. Mario can definitely have a Doc costume.

At least you didn't mention Ganondorf being an alternate costume for Captain Falcon. Someone else said that a day or two ago and I about threw up my stomach.

Bead

Smash Ace
ganon is insanely stronger then falcon, sure falcon is fast but ganon can pack a wallop. i dont think that would work to well, and the whole thing with ganondorf being in brawl, i think he might bring along his sword, they said something about redoing ganondorf and shiek

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MageNinja said:
*sigh* no matter how much you say that "whoever wasn't seen in the trailer is not going to return", they will all return
?

Bead said:
Previous characters as ATs isn't going to happen, for the same reason that Zangief of Chun-Li won't be a stage decoration character in the next Capcom Vs. game: those are major characters, and putting them in the game in a substandard form demeans that.

But alternate outfits could work, but out of the ones you mentioned, only with Mario/Doc. Marth shouldn't be able to magically transform into Roy, neither should Pikachu spontaneously change into a different Pokemon like Pichu. Didn't you think it was weird having Peach look like Daisy, but still play and sound like Peach?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I liked the Daisy outfit more and play as Daisy more than Peach, Daisy's just hotter LOL
jk, but seriously

Maybe in some cases it would be really odd (Young and Old Links) but for the most part, they could just change colours dramatically, TP Link, Ocarina Link ect. Maybe the chars that aren't returning (Y.Link) will just make an apperance or something, (movie) who knows.

I can't wait to be the NEW Ganon. I wonder how much C.Falcon will change from this too. They may want to keep a couple of those moves with Ganon, like Upsmash and give Falcon his 64 Upsmash. Or possibly the Dsmash or Fsmash even. They all changed on Falcon from 64. Ganons Dair is good too, Falcon's could be the same as that but bring it baack like the 64 version. It was fast but not as strong, I guess it's good the melee way too.

WARNING CAHLLENGER APPROACHING!
Banjo & Kazooie

Hawk_Man

Smash Rookie
Ganon's new moveset could be a fistfighting+sword combo. Like, use his first for some of his attacks and his sword for others. Just to make him different from other sword users >____>

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Ok, people have been saying that they want Ww link to be in it, but I would like Ww Ganon to be in it. He's so much powerfull, I love Ww Ganon.

Chief Mendez: Nice sig.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
Wow i so have not been on in like a long while but what eve not like i have missed anything anyway yall are still talking about the same things but with few VERY few twsist see yall are still on the Sheik in or out "sob" and also the falco needs to be out but right now i dont know or care who else is on because they are all bad *** lol but anyway just to keep this breezy but the war will really begin on december the 3rd lol so i have a Q and it needs an A in every ones personal opion do yall think that the WiFi play will be good or feel like you are only playing against a computer who can think and i use that trem losely lol but i'm glad to see ike now they need to drop lyn in lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I get sad when I think about characters that might not return. I still hope that the only characters that leave are Young Link, Roy, (I guess Marth can leave now too) and Pichu. Maybe G&W can leave too. They better not take Falco or Doc!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Doc is sooooooo gone...lol
Seriously though, don't worry, Mario altern uniform.
Falco's soooo in lol
Seriously though, he kicks and can totally be changed if they really want him, "unclony completely" no worries.
Marth I think will stay, along with a Lyn addition or something maybe.
The others are PROBABLY toast

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I get sad when I think about characters that might not return. I still hope that the only characters that leave are Young Link, Roy, (I guess Marth can leave now too) and Pichu. Maybe G&W can leave too. They better not take Falco or Doc!
I doubt Marth will go before Doctor Mario does. Marth started out the Fire Emblem series, so he has history. Doctor Mario only appeared in one puzzle game before Melee, so he doesn't really have much of a history. If Doctor Mario came back in any type of form, he would just be a costume for Mario. If not, he would be an AT. That is considering if he makes any appearance at all.

I like Pichu, but I know he barely has any chance of returning. At least I would still have SSBM to play with if I feel like using Pichu.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
After seeing that Ike is in and that today he was called a heavyweight I'm pretty sure that Roy is out.
Roy was the heavy counterpart to marth, and roy was not all that important to the FE series anyway. So I am assuming Marth will be there to balance Ike's power and speed.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
Ness would be my main vote. I fear he is dying off, but he is unique to all the other characters on SSBM.

Falco should also come back, but invent a new move set for him.

Ice Climbers I would like to see, but only because I was good with them. Granted they had like one game (and for the NES mind you) I could see them being let go easily.

Sheik and Ganondorf, but both reinvented a little.

Mewtwo was a hoss, but also could be a little more original.

To be fair, I was pissed to see DK come back. I thought, "Thank God Nintendo lost their Rare liscence so I won't have to deal with DK anymore" I was sadly let down.

I want Luigi to return, but again, no clones please.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
To be fair, I was pissed to see DK come back. I thought, "Thank God Nintendo lost their Rare liscence so I won't have to deal with DK anymore" I was sadly let down.
Duuuuuude.

Donkey Kong is literally, like, Nintendo's first "main character". He had a title game before even Mario did.

Plus, doesn't Rare only own the Donkey Kong Country series or something? I think the only have the rights to certain characters. Donkey Kong himself is 100% Nintendo.

EDIT: Also, Luigi was never a clone. He's similar to Mario, but he wasn't truly a clone like Doc was.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
i understand he is original as the Arc of Covenant, but let me rephrase.

I LOVE the games he is in, except SSB series. He is WAY to boring of a fighter. I understand that they can't alter much of his moves without losing his originality, but at least give him ONE projectile move.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i understand he is original as the Arc of Covenant, but let me rephrase.

I LOVE the games he is in, except SSB series. He is WAY to boring of a fighter. I understand that they can't alter much of his moves without losing his originality, but at least give him ONE projectile move.
I'd have to agree, but there are a lot of characters that I find boring to play as (Samus, Yoshi [despite how much I love him] and Bowser to name a few). It just wouldn't feel the same without DK there.

What kind of projectile could he have though? Well, I guess he does have his coconut gun. That could work. Though I'm not much of a projectile user myself, so whatev.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ness would be my main vote. I fear he is dying off, but he is unique to all the other characters on SSBM.

Falco should also come back, but invent a new move set for him.

Ice Climbers I would like to see, but only because I was good with them. Granted they had like one game (and for the NES mind you) I could see them being let go easily.

Sheik and Ganondorf, but both reinvented a little.

Mewtwo was a hoss, but also could be a little more original.

I want Luigi to return, but again, no clones please.
1) Ness could return OR be replaced with Lucas BUT hopefully we'll just get both... and Poo.

2) Not a new moveset, just luigify him a bit.

3) Meh... they can leave. They were too buggy and glitchy and had one too many infinites (with one being too many).

4) Only Ganondorf should be luigified. Sheik should stay as is, but a little nerfed just to make it fair. She is god in Melee.

5) What's hoss? And they need to buff him BIG time so he can live up to his "uber pokemon" reputation.

6) Nintendo bought DK a long time ago. Never expect DK to leave. Matter of fact, he's still in all the Mario spin-off games. How could you or anyone ever expect him to leave? (also, expect Diddy. He's been showing up ALL over the Mario spin-off games as well lately.)

7) He's not a clone. He's Mario luigified.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
DK won't have his coconut gun
I never said he would. I'm just saying that if he were to get some kind of projectile move, the coconut gun would work.

by the 15 second video we got we can easily tell he'll have the same moveset.
What the hell are you talking about? He didn't even use ONE attack in the 15 second video. All we know about his moveset is what we've seen in screenshots. Yes, so far it looks the same, but we don't know it hasn't changed at all. Keep an open mind.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
dude i main mario, and i saw some disturbing footage from the trailer for brawl.

he hit kirby with his fair.....and he went outwards.

like doc. i hate doc, if thats a move change then i just lost alot of combo potential.

does anyone know if my meteor smash is really gone?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
^^^^
Not from what we've seen in the 15 second trailer, but from what we've seen in screenshots. DK will have the same moves, maybe a few minor tweaks to what he has already, but nothing totally new.
Ya, the moves we've seen are ones he used in SSBM but we don't know if the ones not shown still remain.

dude i main mario, and i saw some disturbing footage from the trailer for brawl.

he hit kirby with his fair.....and he went outwards.

like doc. i hate doc, if thats a move change then i just lost alot of combo potential.

does anyone know if my meteor smash is really gone?
...That move meteor smashes in the trailer. He hits Pikachu while his fist is moving forward and Pikachu is launched forward. He hits Kirby while his fist is moving down and Kirby gets sent downwards. Did you, like, see it hit Pikachu (who isn't Kirby) forward and stop it and run off and cry without waiting half a second to see it meteor smash in that same scene? But anyway...The meteor smash part is just now a realistic sweetspot.

Also, what do mean "lost alot of combo potential"? Wouldn't that imply that all of his other moves would be the same except his forward air which we don't know?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
...That move meteor smashes in the trailer. He hits Pikachu while his fist is moving forward and Pikachu is launched forward. He hits Kirby while his fist is moving down and Kirby gets sent downwards. Did you, like, see it hit Pikachu (who isn't Kirby) forward and stop it and run off and cry without waiting half a second to see it meteor smash in that same scene? But anyway...The meteor smash part is just now a realistic sweetspot.

Also, what do mean "lost alot of combo potential"? Wouldn't that imply that all of his other moves would be the same except his forward air which we don't know?
Ummm... let me help. Mario jumps off the ledge and starts his fAir. While Mario is swinging over his head it makes contact with Kirby and Kirby gets sent outward like Doc would have hit him. But when Mario follows through Pikachu jumps up to meet him. Mario makes contact with Pikachu on the downswing, and Pikachu gets meteored back into the ground.

The move is like a combination of Doc's and his own, but it will stay very true to Mario.

Also, I know what FIRE!! is talking about. I favor Mario over Doc, and Mario's fAir is a big part of my repertuar. But there's nothing to worry about. From the look of this, we'll still be able to pummel our enemies into the ground. Also, it looks like Doc's sh;t out of luck with some of his moves and WON'T be returning to us at all. Thank god.

Top Bottom