• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Character Disc Support Thread

Distort

Smash Rookie
On one of the first pages of this topic I saw people arguing about Cloud Strife being in SSBB, heres my response:
I might be a little late on this, but Cloud Strife IS in a game for a Nintendo system, which makes him eligible for
SSBB character status because he stars in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Game Boy Advance.
From what I understand, he is used as a summon card as well as serving as a boss battle.
I'll also include this sweet pic of him if he were to be in SSBM, based on his KH style.
http://kingdomhearts.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/kingdomhearts1/media/art/cloud.jpg

Also, Skull Kid was not responsible for everything he did in Majora's Mask.. so I'm not
exactly sure if you should be listing him as Skull Kid, because everything he did in
that game was based off of Majora's Mask, which, if worn, caused the wearer to
lose control of all bodily function and was was taken completely over by the mask
itself. In short, Majora's Mask=Evil, Skull Kid=Just another random guy. (Not to
mention that Skull Kid is in Twilight Princess without the mask on, but it appears
to be a different skull kid altogether.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cloud Strife is deemed worthy to be in any game...Period!
On one of the first pages of this topic I saw people arguing about Cloud Strife being in SSBB, heres my response:
I might be a little late on this, but Cloud Strife IS in a game for a Nintendo system, which makes him eligible for
SSBB character status because he stars in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Game Boy Advance.
From what I understand, he is used as a summon card as well as serving as a boss battle.
I'll also include this sweet pic of him if he were to be in SSBM, based on his KH style.
http://kingdomhearts.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/kingdomhearts1/media/art/cloud.jpg
Oh my God... I really hope that you guys are kidding. Cloud would really destroy the whole feel of Super Smash Bros. Also note that there are much more deserving 3rd party characters, even in the company Square itself! Cloud just needs to die, they spoil him waaay too much... >_>

Btw, it's cool how you try to revive this thread on your own xiang. :) Good luck with everything.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
C'mon bro, you know deep down inside ya want to see Cloud in action too! Look at it dis way, if he were to appear on Brawl, ya could take ya frustations out on him by beatin da stuffing out of em! I just think it would be mad chill to play as em son!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Nope, never cared for the FF games. Don't like him as a character at all. To say he should be in because he was in a mediocre game like Chain of Memories is odd logic to me. Isn't this the Confirmed character thread? So, has anyone see link use any of his B attacks in gameplay?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, I hate Kingdom Hearts, but I love FF & Cloud Strife. On an another note, I haven't seen Link take out any of his other tools other than his Master Sword.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
C'mon bro, you know deep down inside ya want to see Cloud in action too! Look at it dis way, if he were to appear on Brawl, ya could take ya frustations out on him by beatin da stuffing out of em! I just think it would be mad chill to play as em son!
Well honestly, I have nothing against the character Cloud at all! It's just the fans which drive me crazy. I understand that your last post "Cloud Strife is deemed worthy to be in every game...Period!" was just a joke. But really, if Cloud was in there we'd have those overhyped Cloud fans around everywhere in this forum and the overall Smash comunity...

The character Cloud is pretty intressting, and would work in Smash Bros... But I don't want him in Brawl! He doesn't has this "connection" to Nintendo, like other 3rd party characters as Pacman, Sonic and Megaman. Infact, he's almost the opposite! Final Fantasy started at a Nintendo console, but it grew out at the Playstation... Don't get me wrong, the same goes for Metal Gear Solid, but to a much lesser extant...

Snake's reason ot appear in Brawl isn't about populairity ot anything. Snake's appearance is because he already was asked to be in Brawl by a MGS head director (forgot his name) in Melee. But Sakurai refused because they where too busy with programing, and already had some time pressure, a whole new character was something they couldn't take. So Sakurai felt guilty and put him in Brawl instead.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hideo Kojima is da creator of MGS Diddy Kong. Well anyway, yeah, I agree dat their would be a lot of Cloud S. fanboys everywhere in SWF. Dat would just be straight up annoying ya know what I'm sayin & I agree dat Cloud S. isn't Brawl material cause he just wouldn't seem right. Still, I wanna see dat Swordsman dream match: Cloud S. vs. Link, but it ain't gonna happen.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Nope, never cared for the FF games. Don't like him as a character at all. To say he should be in because he was in a mediocre game like Chain of Memories is odd logic to me. Isn't this the Confirmed character thread? So, has anyone see link use any of his B attacks in gameplay?
No this is the support thread index

Hideo Kojima is da creator of MGS Diddy Kong. Well anyway, yeah, I agree dat their would be a lot of Cloud S. fanboys everywhere in SWF. Dat would just be straight up annoying ya know what I'm sayin & I agree dat Cloud S. isn't Brawl material cause he just wouldn't seem right. Still, I wanna see dat Swordsman dream match: Cloud S. vs. Link, but it ain't gonna happen.
I may sound like a ****er when I say this (truth be told I can be) but please please try and type proper words, it makes eyes happy, I'm sorry to be so picky but words like "Dat" aren't even abreviations like "u" and "r"

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Why has Cloud Strife come up again? I get it, he's cool in fact he's my favourite FF hero... but I don't really want to see him in SSBB, just wouldn't feel right. And also if they did decide (by some VERY VERY VERY slim chance) to take someone from KH it'd probably be Sora or something. But regardless I doubt it'll happen.

I'd be much happier seeing Megaman in SSBB, now that would be freakin' awesome.

snipertango

Smash Cadet
you all know that the main characters from the Fire Emblem games are all exactly the same as Roy and Marth just have different names :) just thought i would state that. And as for the mario series mario, luigi, peach, bowser that should be it in my opinion. And umm cloud cant be in SSBM unless they get squar'es permission. That would be cool though.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
MGS the Twin Snakes Was on gamecube <.< so he has the right to and sakurai said that if any one was from a nintendo game he would add them DONT MISUNDERSTAND ME WHEN I WRITE THIS.

and WHAT IF Cloud and Sephiroth just happen to get on There will be nothing u could do <.<

xianfeng

Smash Hero
you all know that the main characters from the Fire Emblem games are all exactly the same as Roy and Marth just have different names :) just thought i would state that. And as for the mario series mario, luigi, peach, bowser that should be it in my opinion. And umm cloud cant be in SSBM unless they get squar'es permission. That would be cool though.
Actually you are very very wrong. Each Fire Emblem game has a set of lords that are all different to eachother in fightning styles and weapons, like FE6's Roy has a projectile on his dual handed sword (very poor interpretation in SSBM) and FE7's characters there's Eliwood who would be just like Marth... Hector with an axe and Lyn with a katana and bow, FE8's Ephraim with a lance, FE9's Ike with a very rough and coarse fighting style with a sword and FE10's Mikaya with magic. You don't know much about fire emblem do you?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm resurrecting this thread because it's at the bottom...and because the "official character support index" still hasn't added my Tamagon support thread :(

Top Bottom