• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New info on Chain Ledge Cancel

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Sorry but I have no video but I can explain for someone else to make a video for me :)
and don't flame me if it's been discussed i searched multiple threads and no one mentioned either of these

I've recently learned how to do this and I haven't seen anyone mention either of these next 2 things that can possibly lead to new situational tech and mind games :D

First--You are basically doing the CLC but when you buffer your A button before u hit the ground Olimar will immediately do a full jump with the same timing as an ISJR jump. Meaning, you will jump before you actually hit the ground when your up-b pulls you towards the stage. It happens very quick and can easily get out of range above anyone unless they jump to attack. You also have NO LAG as soon as you start the jump so this can lead into a fair/bair/nair or whatever you want at the same exact timing that the F-Smash would come out if you just did the CLC.

Second--Not so much wonderful but if you time your up-b for the CLC as you are on the direct left of the ledge and hold towards stage you will basically go from the ledge to the stage without seeing your up-b---meaning it doesn't have to wait a sec and then pull you towards the stage leading into a cut time on the CLC. It's much quicker than normal CLC. you have to time it so you don't even see 1 pikmin when you use your up-b

someone please get some videos if possible i'll work on trying to get some i'm not a very good explainer :)

Snail

Smash Lord
Mkayy... Would you please tell me how a CLC works exactly? And how do I do an ISJR? >< Sorry, I'm not familiar with the abbreviations... It sounds intriguing though. o.o

Snail

Smash Lord
Right o.o So what it does is CLC, jump right after you pull back to the stage which allows you to perform any aerial instantly? O_o;; Sorry lol, this is complicated.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
yes pretty much--instantly just like the smashes after CLC but you can't use jump button to do it at least i couldn't, had to use A button

Snail

Smash Lord
is there any way i can save a match? i t wouldn't let me in a normal versus battle
Well, you could save the replay, put it on an SD card and transfer it to your PC somehow... But yeah :/ I think you need a digital camera to transfer data from an SD card to a computer, but I'm not sure.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
how do i save the replay? there is no option when i finish the match -- sorry for spamming in this section

shanus

Smash Hero
Ive done this many many times now, but never really tried to use it for anything, it seems to have no benefits really over normal jumping and all but still knowledge is knowledge

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
It helps at getting back on stage faster at least. It's also kind of like a mind game, so it's good to throw them in. I myself never do it on purpose as I'm busy thinking or doing other things at the time.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i've managed to implement this into my gameplay and it is pretty good mind games if you can get it off while they are around mid-1/4 of the stage close to you and approaching you. you can follow up into the grab-fsmash/fair-grab combos

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Well, you could save the replay, put it on an SD card and transfer it to your PC somehow... But yeah :/ I think you need a digital camera to transfer data from an SD card to a computer, but I'm not sure.
If you get online through your Wii web channel you can upload videos you have saved on it.

Top Bottom