• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Online Tourney, Sign Up Today!!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Cool, I should be able to join. I'm pretty sure I have nothing going on but you never know.
Sign me up anyway!:)

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
The thread has been updated. I will check back daily to add the newcomers. Thanks for signing up, guys!

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I guess I'll join! I have no one else to practice with and participating in tourneys will help me! even if its WiFi! Sign me up!

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up.

I made myself an all is brawl account. Where do I sign up for the tourney on the site?
I will post the tournament on AiB once we get almost 16 people. Before that, though, I'm going to need an official date for this. Check back shortly for the date.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Will my near inability to shield become a problem?

I am working on getting shields into my strategy, but at this point, it's still completely voluntary, so I feel I could fight better without them, as that is how I fought ever since the N64 version.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Will my near inability to shield become a problem?

I am working on getting shields into my strategy, but at this point, it's still completely voluntary, so I feel I could fight better without them, as that is how I fought ever since the N64 version.
It will only be a problem for YOU I suppose. :chuckle:

Rampage

vx
I'm in and signed up on aib

also, I'm horrible with time zones. I live on the west side of canada

British Columbia

Could you...help me out with the time? lol

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
hmm. I'm beginning to think i may not be able to participate in this.
I'm moving on Aug 1st and my brother owns the Wii. I might buy another one but the internet might not be set up by then.

****! It's probably best if you take me off the list, sorry :(
This sucks cause I really wanted to play.
Oh well, there will be other tournaments.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I guess I'll give an online tournament a shot. Still need to know what the times for it are, though.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm in. I'm not doing anything else that day :).

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Everyone wanting to go has been added to the roster. The tournament is at 9 P.M. EST, but I will find the correct time in each time zone soon.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Update 1: TOURNAMENT DATE: AUGUST 2ND at 9 P.M EST (Saturday) Should any problems arise because of this, let me know.
The rules have been adjusted/clarified.
The tournament is up on AiB! Click Me!

Update 2: The tournament is no longer exclusive to Smashboards members. AllisBrawl members are now welcome to join in the fray. This will help to attact more participants.

Ok, so: I've made a cool discovery a week ago. Over at AllisBrawl.com, they hold their own online tournaments pretty much on a daily basis. I've participated in 2 of them so far (getting a medal for 3rd place in Dreamland Duels on my account! yay!), and will definitely keep up with participating in these. However, I would like to try hosting some of these tournaments myself. Then, I came up with an idea:

How would you guys like to be part of my first online tournament?

The Rules
1 vs 1 Double Elimination
3 stock, best 2 out of 3 rounds, no items
Stock Time Limit: 7 mins
Character(s) allowed: ALL
Stages: Players agree on the stage for the first round. The loser is then allowed to counter-pick the stage of their choice. The stages are:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise

YOU MUST HAVE:
-An AllisBrawl account. If you don't, just go to http://www.allisbrawl.com/register.aspx and sign up. It's easy, and this site has a lot of useful features including a ranked ladder system and tournaments. Make use of them!
-The Skillz to pay the Billz. This tourney is not for the newcoming Smasher. You have to be a seasoned Smasher (or at least know how some moves in brawl) to attend. I don't expect you to be awesomely amazing at this game, just don't get your face rubbed all over the concrete. No scrubs. ;)
-Used to Wifi. You must be able to put in each other's friend codes, and your internet must not be a hamster on a wheel. In otherwords, don't lag too bad.

This tournament would be exclusive to the Smashboards members/visitors. AiB tournies come equipped with it's own chat room, so we could be able to organize and communicate with each other. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have all the regulars here at the forums in one tournament? I think it would be a really great idea, since we all know each other and get along so well, it's about time we get the chance to bash each other's skulls in for a change.

I'll keep a roster of people who will try to attend this tournament.
1) LP
2) Timbers
3) chic
4) Mewtario
5) Noodles416
6) testo24
7) Yutu
8) Zanoske
9) Critical King
10) testo024
11) Red.Tide
12) Mangme
13) GranDuelist Trinity
14) Rampage
15) Crownvick
16) Glyph
17) zamz
you should have auto signed me...you know id join...

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Of the people who've posted in this thread, the locations vary wildly; there was some west coast, midwest, east coast, Canada, etc, all mixed up. I don't know if anyone in particular signed up, but there are smashboards members from Europe and Australia and stuff as well.

Won't the lag for certain matches be overwhelming?

For future online tournaments, would it make sense to restrict registration to people from a certain region of the world?

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Of the people who've posted in this thread, the locations vary wildly; there was some west coast, midwest, east coast, Canada, etc, all mixed up. I don't know if anyone in particular signed up, but there are smashboards members from Europe and Australia and stuff as well.

Won't the lag for certain matches be overwhelming?

For future online tournaments, would it make sense to restrict registration to people from a certain region of the world?
There's no guarantee that every match will be perfectly lagless, especially because we have people from different parts of the world. I have taken this into consideration, but for my first tournament I'll accept everyone. Next tournaments I will be more picky about things like location, etc. But for now, I'm more concerned about setting up the brackets, and submitting the results to AiB etc.

In other words, this tournament is for u guys to have fun (obviously), but its also an experiment for me as well. We'll see how it goes, and next time I will fix any mistakes I've made.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
If all of the places havn't been taken, I'll join this.

FC: 4167 5947 2172
And, if it is needed:
Online name: Lewys

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
If all of the places havn't been taken, I'll join this.

FC: 4167 5947 2172
And, if it is needed:
Online name: Lewys
You've been added to the roster. Also, don't worry about Friend Codes. Just when you're setting up your AiB account, make sure to put your brawl code in your profile.

Top Bottom