• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Is that why undr hasn't been posting? Yea things have been pretty dead. There may be a couple of things for Pit but now should be the fun part. We have almost all of his AT's and now developing the metagame with the tricks is next. I say almost because idk what might be out there.

The only spike atm is the Dtilt which is pretty good. Finding setups is the key and I will be looking into that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For Kown, the blue one is Popo (The main one) and the Pink one is Nana.
I hate them both, and trying to KO Nana first will greatly weaken the chaingrabbing capabilities. The hard part is to not get grabbed at all.
I look at ICs as cheap this way, but few could use their potential.

kown

Smash Lord
heh lol i played against an IC online who could chain grab. the key to winning is just separating them and finishing off which ever one u choose. also when ICs does his up b u can grab the ledge so the wife dies.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
My best friend mains Ic's I figured out a trick to beating them... I use my W.O.B his gyro eats ice blocks and sits there in the way of there projectile game that I am convinced is better then Pits if you do it right. (Lets save the talk about Ic's for the match up thread. By request we have Pikman next then we'll hit Ic's)

Kupo, Undr has been on I was talking to him the other day about the rules and stages that will be up. And if you look in the Broomers charater review thead (stickied in tatical) Samri Panda says thats what they have been working on.

Woot got my new avatar up i wove it bunches. My photo shop artist kicks ***.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I saw the New Diablo 3 vids it looks soooo sweet. The witch doc looks nice but they haven't released 3 of the 5 guys you can play yet. Only the barbarian and Witch doc have been.

kown

Smash Lord
ahh man im not very familiar with games tho ive heard of diablo. isn't it a PC game? and a shooter? heh sry im a noob to video games that i dont play.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Did every1 die was there some mass SWF suicide that i missed or somthing? I mean SWF can slow down at times but this is getting sad. This place was fun before every1 would talk and help each other out now I feel the only things going on for the Pit boards are the match up chart. and the Wing dashing thread. What has been going on? Undr hasn't been on SWF for like a week and wasn't posting on the Pit boards much before that, Kown is goneish, Sagemoon never really talked much as is but it looks like he has slowed down even more. It looks like the only people on these boards are Me, Kupo, Admiral Bowser, Ryanarius, and some players who don't main Pit but like him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
True Angels will last longer than others, and even though my name here isnt an angel name, I still am an Angel with great skill. Of course, I wouldnt be the great angel that I am now without being guided by Palutena, and the other angels around here. :laugh:
But seriously, thank you.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Your crazy. They are all still Pit players and it didn't sound like they were thinking of leaving SWF any time soon. I just don't get why all at once and it is really starting to piss me off that the pit boards are about as alive as a twitching horse. What did i do to earn a Thank you?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Kown! You're awesome! :D I was looking for someone to play and I was hoping you'd join the room and you did! Nice spacing with the WoI. I'm Dryn's brother. I play Nessy 'cause he's cool like that. I was scared at first but then I was like, "C'mon! I'm going to beat you this time!" XD Sadly I SD off the left in our second match. ._. I thought for sure I was going to win. Maybe I was getting overconfident. Good game, though. C:

kown

Smash Lord
yea sadly. this is pretty much how all the character forums are becoming or have alrdy became. most of us our tlaking through aim. mines Ian Perera if u wanna keep in touch. heh its cuz we all were close at one point now its just kinda down hill.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Now that just sounds depressing I bet any day now Kupo will find a new AT with Pits wings and it'll all be back again.... right? Ya im on Msn though add me Corrupted-fate@hotmail.com. If any1 else wants to let go ahead.

BTW your next post is # 400 make it a good 1!!!

kupo15

Smash Hero
i hope so, but it seems like all the AT's are found, at least the obvious ones. I hope someone gets lucky soon. In the mean time, just focus on learning to use the WoI as a defensive option and use it when it isn't safe. The wind push is very effective when used right. I am experimenting with using it when you shouldn't then into a wingland or cancel if I am close enough to the ground.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its not so much I want somthing new i could practice those thing again but it would be against CPU's and that kinda gets old predicting what they are going to do every time and watching them kill themselfs.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
At friends house remember my internet sucks. did you watch those diablo 3 vids its fine if you don't care? Have you tried Ninja Gadian 2?

kown

Smash Lord
oh ive heard of ninja gaiden 2 and like my friend beat it in liek two days or something crazyyy. ive palyed the first one and i couldnt beat the first boss lol so i gave up on the game tho. and im not into games that arent competitive for some reason. For example i never play any story modes. instead i go right to xbox live or wifi.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I don't wanta make a thread about this but I think this could be a new AT that we haven't found yet. But in kupo's combo vid he showed me some time back, at the start of the vid he shots an arrow at the edge of the stage and it stays. I remember Undrdog saying that it is still a hit box when he has done it however with Undr being dead we can't ask him. So how do you think we do this again? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5T1kdd5teg

kown

Smash Lord
oh yea ive done this on the moving platform on smashville. it was like in the middle of it. i ahve no idea how to recreate it and it would only be worth learning it if it still hurt the opponent while it was in the ground. hmm but to recreate it would almost be impossible seeing that u would have to shoot lots or arrows into the ground.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
From what Undr said it still has a hit box I think. How long does the arrow last? If we learn how to recreate it, it might not be to hard to do in battle, and it could be used to keep people from edge garding or force people to avoid a spot on the map, it could stop ic blocks, and ground approch forcing some1 to advance from the air lets you know what they are going to do and makes it so you have the advantage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was pretty freaked out when I saw that arrow. We should find a way to recreate this so we can use this to our advantage. Perhaps we should do various tests to see if we can do it again. I havent done one before so, this is completely new to me.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I've done it once. As far as I can tell it's random and unrecreatable, as I attempted to shoot the same spot, and it never stuck. Would be awesome if it's recreatable though. Arrow Planting.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I've never done it and have only seen it in that vid I put up. I have shot my share of arrows into the ground and it has never happened, this leads me to think that the people who have done it are doing somthing different, because I have never done it but then again it is random so who knows.

Undr said that he got it to stay on the spikes on Rumble falls alot, so it might have somthing to do with hit boxes or somthing like that.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I spend a few games shooting at the spikes and stage ingeneral to see what I could find, not one sticky arrow. In one game my bro hit me with a fully charged aura sphere from Lucario and point blank, I power shielded it then it stayed on screen to long floting right in me as we fought. Is that kinda like this?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
if you mean that you blocked it, did it bounce off and fly somewhere else?
But if it was in you... Ok now im confused.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I did it on SV on the moving platform and the arrow trail kept moving up and down cause the platform was moving side to side, My friend just stood there and watched it then jumped into it and it hit him. It was a funny moment.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I power shielded it and the animation just sat in me it didn't deal damage, because I blocked it, just sat there from my waist down. Tried to get the vid but it was over 3 min

Fzero did you do anything different with the arrow?

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
nope, It was between a 35 degree and 40 degree angle when it hit though.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the angle it come in at, I'll see what I can do

EDIT: I am not sure it is angle but it does seem to help. Anyways, I believe it is when the tip of the hitbox, the farthest point in front of the arrow, touches the corner. The game then reads it as hitting something solid because the corner is there but it is not actually touching the ground, there fore it continues to fly but wont move anywhere.
This does involve frames, because the arrow travels a set distance per frame, it must be tangent to the corner on a certain frame. If it goes to far then it will hit the ground.
This can be called an AT but I think it may be too hard to pull of consistently to be practical.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Your my hero FZeroX!!!!!!!! Lets keep looking at it though it could be posable to do with practice after all Wingdashin requires frames and so did wavedashing.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
This is different though, that was button pushing on frames. This requires perfect spacing, both horizontal and vertical, and then perfect arrow handling to pull off consistently. After about 5 minutes of trying (and only getting it once), I came up with this theory, the 5 more minutes I only got it twice.
IMHO I think this is harder than double shining with fox in melee, 10 fold.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So in your match on SV it hit the side of the platform and hooked on right?

Your right this could be one of the harder things to pull of in Brawl and could be almost impossible, but I think its worth looking into.

kown

Smash Lord
FzeroX i did the exact same sticky arrow on smashville and the wa yu described it seemed just like how i did it. on the platform and the angle.

official name is sticky arrow heh. jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom