• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump applied to Game and Watch

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
Here is a video I made giving some examples on how the new ISJ can be used for Mr. Game and Watch. I did all of them on platforms but it can be done without using them as well, I hope this gives some items how this can be used so please experiment with this. Not sure exactly how useful this can be as well since the timing is very hard but who knows may be once mastered this can really help out.

As far as timing goes it is hard to describe so I will do the best I can. You must time your air attack AND the jump perfectly, it can be done with all air attacks expect D-air, I find it useless with N-air since that move L-cancels on its own any way. The timing for the jumps goes as follows; N-Air: Buffer the jump as soon as the fish disappear / F-air: Buffer the Jump as soon as the "bleep" sound ends / B-Air: Buffer the jump as soon as the turtles head points down. I did not test U-air yet but I am guessing it will be done after the second bleep of the attack sound. If in doubt of the buffer timing I will say perform it SLIGHTLY sooner than you expect it to be since with human delay it will not always be exact.

Timing the jump is by far the hardest part, in most cases you want to do the air attack right before you reach the top of your jump. In the video I try to perform my second jump almost even (or slightly bellow) the platform, than perform my air attack. After that I buffer the jump and if done right you will perform a third jump right after the air attack finishes.

Any questions please ask. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67nif4diO0
Note: Using high quality on the video will give you a MUCH better visual on how the timing is done, this feature will not be available right away so give it an hour or two.

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
When using it on a platform yeah, it really depends on when you use your second jump though, in some cases if you use your second jump at the peak of your first you have to slightly delay the air attack. Best way is to just test it out, I started with N-air since it is easier to do for me.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I was wondering when a thread would be made in this section.
This might be able to improve our Uair Stalling game!
But the timing is pretty hard :SSS

:s

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah? I found it kinda easy, before I did it on accident, but now I can pull it off with no problem. So uair stalling?

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
Going to be testing this with B-air when attacking someone, so far it seems easier to get the buffer timer on B-air when it is hitting someone since it has that slowing effect.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I didnt spend too much time doing this, to be fair. Most things are easy with practice, but I dont see myself using this all that much in actual play. If it helps Uair stalling, though, I may.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Two questions: Is this harder on a wavebird controller? Does simply spamming the jump button after the ariel work?

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
Is this harder on a wavebird controller?

Never used one so I dont know I really doubt it would be though

Does simply spamming the jump button after the ariel work?

I tried that at first and it didnt work out too well, 90% of the time when I messed up it was on my air attack timing not the jump.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Is this harder on a wavebird controller?

Never used one so I dont know I really doubt it would be though

Does simply spamming the jump button after the ariel work?

I tried that at first and it didnt work out too well, 90% of the time when I messed up it was on my air attack timing not the jump.
darn it actually takes skill
Thanks

I've managed to do this a few times but it is really hard. The again wavedashing was hard. With enough practice I think I could get it down

Top Bottom