• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIing out of the usmash

Aftermath

Smash Champion
So my friend and I were testing how to smash DI out of the usmash, and it seems as though you can't smash DI it at all. The times when we got out of it were determined just by our position and timing of when we got into it, and not our DI or smash DI while in it. Is there a way to get out of it reliably?

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I spend this morning watch Forte's MK effortlessly DI out of more than 50% of Pikachu's smash attacks. Maybe you should go ask him how he would do it...

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Pikachu's is different from Zelda's. With pika you either smash DI up or just hold up and you get out. Smash DI guarantees getting out, holding up mainly if you get hit in the beginning, or from the air.

The thing I noticed with Zelda is that it seems that you cannot smash DI it at all in any way. We were trying stuff on her other moves, and I was able to smash DI behind Zelda with the first two hits of her jab, or out in one if I DI'd away. Out of her fsmash, you can smash DI, but her usmash seems to not have any chance to smash DI except the second to last and last hit.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
I personally believe it can only be escaped when you hyphen smash it and whiff with the sides. From directly above, it pulls you in too far, and each consecutive hit keeps you inside longer, similar to Sheik's ftilt chain.

From the time I play Zelda as a secondary, I haven't seen anyone reliably escape from it.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
well if your so confident so many decent ness users can do it why not go get proof of it and show us o_o
1) I can't put replays on youtube

2) I know how to DI reliably out of the USmash and FSmash already :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
How about this... you can wrench that secret from my cold, dead fingers.
uh huh... but I guess I'll give you a hint.... if you are huge... like, say DDD, then you probably won't be able to DI out until you have about 150% damage minimum.

Top Bottom