• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B out of shield is amazingly useful!

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
For this to work, you have to have tap jump on. If you have X or Y as your shield button, I suggest setting the L button to Special.

The up-B on the ground has twice the range of his normal grab, and it's faster out of shield then shield dropping Thunder Jab. There were many moves that I couldn't punish in time on block with the thunder jab, but the up-B is fast enough to be guaranteed to work after blocking most attacks.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I was messing around in training mode just a bit ago and I noticed this too. You just have to make sure you hit, otherwise you are a sitting duck.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't have to be a surprise, it's fast enough to be guaranteed after a lot of attacks.
Yeah I can see this being very useful since Ganon's up+b has alot of priority from my experience. But there's no other way around doing this technique? I really don't want to get use to playing with tap jumping again ><

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Having tap jump on allows you to input the up-b while still holding down the shield button. Otherwise you have to drop the shield first, and that takes a couple frames longer, along with leaving you vulnerable.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
This is a normal part of my gameplay, too bad it doesn't combo. At least it kills at ridiculously high percents. Ganon killing with dash attacks at ~90% is just plain awesome.

Top Bottom