• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

And so, I come crawling back...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I have to say goodbye to the ICs as well when Brawl hits...it's all about Toon Link now.

Jam Stunna said:
I was a Melee IC main, but in Brawl I'm switching over to Toon Link. The IC's will still be my number 2 though. This thread has me rethinking my decision though!

I think one of the reasons that we're seeing alot of IC defections is because alot of the new characters are fan favorites. Let's face it: no one would say that the Ice Climbers are their favorite Nintendo characters. When given a chance to play as someone they really like, most people are going to bolt. At least that's what I did anyway.
:embarrass

I believe this is what they call "Eating Crow". After trying out Toon Link (and several other characters), I've found that I just don't like them. So I have come back to those two little Eskimos, asking for their forgiveness for turning my back on them. They're amazing in Brawl, and I love playing with them despite (or maybe in spite of) the changes from Melee to Brawl. I guess that I'm just a IC player through and through.

Anybody else go astray to come back to the ICs?

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
I never went astray but I have found that the gap of skill between my Ice climbers and other characters has increased in Brawl form Melee. Which is kind of weird because everywhere I go I hear people complaining that they are worst in the game, which makes no sense to me because they seem to be the only characters in the game that still have consistent, deadly combos.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
on ssbm i would main falco then the ics.. even though i sucked with falco i always found the ics to be better..now since they have "powered down" falco im back to the good ol Ics..there are to good and people should not underestimate the players :p

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
I've never really mained them so my little inexperienced self didn't even notice a difference in the Melee to Brawl transition. They've always been a cool character to play though and I'll continue to play them from time to time.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
dey r betta in bruwl and i wuld stop 2 main wi?

Seriously, I do agree with you having said that people will first flock to their faves. Myself included, was very interested in the new characters. I never for a second believed I was going to drop the IC's though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Welcome back Jam!

Man, I just won a tournament with Dedede... in fact, my Dedede went undefeated for the entire tourny.

But for the very last match on FD, since I knew I was gonna win, I went back to red and white IC's for the sake of tradition... I cannot let go of my love for them, especially Nana <333.

edit: wow... Jam, are you the one who wrote that article that Khaly posted in Brawl Discussion?

Amazing read. My respect for you just went up, like, tenfold.

Top Bottom