• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some extra attack features

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
These are mostly useless, and makes me wonder why the programmers would go through the trouble of including these. Oh well, here they are.

* Pit's up smash takes him VERY slightly off the ground, just enough to avoid Ike's down tilt.

* His up tilt is actually 3 hits. The first is when he puts his blade into the ground, and then two kicks. To get the blade hit, they either have to be laying on the ground, or at extremely close range.

Another thing about his up tilt is that Pit is lifted very high off the ground during it. It's enough to avoid green shells, the Ice climbers ice shot, and most down attacks.

* When using the Icarus Wings, the startup will actually push characters and items away a little with a wind effect.

* The ending of the Angel Ring pushes characters that are just out of range with wind. What's interesting though is that this push effect gets stronger with the higher the damage of the opponent. Credit: Seraphi-Kid

* The startup of the Icarus wings when used on the ground has an attack priority. It's only enough to cancel weak attacks, and it stops your Up-B with no lag.

* When holding out the mirror shield, you can angle it upwards. It's not enough to make any difference.

During the animation of pulling the shield out, Pit has super armor. Credit: Brown Paper Sack

* Pit's arrows can be controlled indefinitely. As long as it's out, it will be influenced by any movement of the control stick. It's possible to do whole circles this way. Multiple arrows can be directed. You can even control your arrows when you're out of lives. Some credit to PwnageLlama

While holding your arrow, the animations of aiming the bow in the opposite or up directions don't count toward the charging time. This means that by repeatedly turning around, you can delay how long it takes to release the arrow. Credit: agag19

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
dont say their useless dude. all these little tips and sercrets do help. thanks for the info bro

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Hey, glad I could help.

I call them useless because I haven't found a situation for them that's practical. The up attacks having the ability to avoid lows would be useful if you could hit someone at the same time, but their range doesn't reach standing foes except at point-blank. Icarus wings' defenses don't help the move from being pointless outside of recovery.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Pit has a few super armor frames as he pulls out his mirror shield. It stops I think after he shimmers.
This isn't completely useless, but it means you messed up what you were trying to do.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I tested it and your right! During the animation of pulling the shield out, Pit has super armor. This could be useful, since the main point of the mirror shield is the ability to block in the air, but it only protected one side. It's also possible to counter with a midair jump and an aerial afterwards.

Edit: Maybe it's not as useful as I made it sound. I forgot about the new airdodge. >_<

asob4

Smash Champion
hitbox?

"* His up tilt is actually 3 hits. The first is when he puts his blade into the ground, and then two kicks. To get the blade hit, they either have to be laying on the ground, or at extremely close range.

Another thing about his up tilt is that the blade doesn't count as a hitbox, so Pit is actually above the ground. It's enough to avoid green shells, the Ice climbers ice shot, and most down attacks."

this leads to confusion on what a hitbox is...because i hear its the range of an attack but in the second one u say his blade doesnt count as a hitbox and thus it cant be hit. but it still does damage up close... what is a hitbox??? is it the place where a character takes damage or is it the range his attack hits or is it both.. please clarify

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
* When holding out the mirror shield, you can angle it upwards. It's not enough to make any difference.
Try playing a good Samus. lol You have to keep an eye on her projectiles because a good Samus will aim them just above your shield on a collision course with your head. The Zair brings back the most painful memories. lol

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
"* His up tilt is actually 3 hits. The first is when he puts his blade into the ground, and then two kicks. To get the blade hit, they either have to be laying on the ground, or at extremely close range.

Another thing about his up tilt is that the blade doesn't count as a hitbox, so Pit is actually above the ground. It's enough to avoid green shells, the Ice climbers ice shot, and most down attacks."

this leads to confusion on what a hitbox is...because i hear its the range of an attack but in the second one u say his blade doesnt count as a hitbox and thus it cant be hit. but it still does damage up close... what is a hitbox??? is it the place where a character takes damage or is it the range his attack hits or is it both.. please clarify
Okay, I can see how this is confusing. The blade is a disjointed attack hitbox. This means that if the blade touches a character, it does damage, but if a different attack touches the blade, it won't do anything to you.

Levitas

the moon
Hitbox =/= hurtbox. Hurtboxes are arms and bodies and blocks (or anything that interacts with sheik's needles). Hitboxes are the thing that comes out during attacks and cause damage. Disjointed means that the hitbox extends a significant distance past your character's hurtbox (making it less risky to attack into another attack), and projectiles are traditionally not thought of as disjointed.

Rhyfelwyr, where in michigan? If you're anywhere near Ann Arbor, you should come to the UMB this weekend, it's gonna be huge.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Ah, thank you for the clarification! I should have looked this stuff up.

I wish I could come, but I'm in Grand Rapids. It's a two hour drive for me. I'm not able to pay for a 4 hour drive, on top of that parking, and the tournament entry fee.

Top Bottom