• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm not going to say anything about the fact that I didn't show up to the tournament on saturday because all Kso4351 is going to say is "johns?"

oh yea, you are right :p

why didn't you show up? i had to play some random scrub in ssb64 instead of getting to MM you...

that made me sad :(

send me a PM and we can get together sometime for ssb64 or ssbm if you want. I'm up for both. they are both fun. Anyway, we still have to MM so don't think i forgot about it :p

I need beer money :)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Carl's right maus, I switch to Shiek against Jiggly in tournaments.

Also Brawl comes out in a week, it shouldnt matter anymore anyway.
Iggy has posted O_o
Can wait to play you in Brawl, tyach mi yo seakrets!
have any of you guys played brawl at all? cuz it is freakin awesome i have to say
Yes, in fact, I played it in Cary Quad....where you live. I think we might of played on the same system and copy lol. A shame I don't remember the names of the guys who allowed me, Lavos, Kirkq, and Sage to play. Melee is better since it actually has combos, different speed elements, better for a competitive scene, and so forth, but Brawl is slightly behind it, still being very fun and amazing. I wouldn't be surpised of Brawl turns out to be completely better in the following years since we're all noobs now who are trying to play Brawl like Melee lol

Btw, I was the first to accept your MM :D don't forget about me.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hmm. Apparently the wrong tournament to miss . . .
True that. It was definitely the hardest tournament to date. Everyone had a hard time through pools and brackets including Kirk. Me?...well, when I didn't use Fox it was hard :p
Oh well, at least I can geek out over Brawl during break.
Yayuhz, we all got to play Brawl over break!

Oh, and Kadian, there's a Brawl tournament (free entry) in McCutcheon on the 16th.

Speaking of Brawl tourneys....

The tournament name is:

More info:

http://www.wifiwars.com/?q=node/290

or

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149095

Brawl>Melee, here's proof:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149497

I can't wait to main every character all over again :D

edit: KSO, update the thread

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, I guess it was about time I re-entered the scene! I've been busy getting the grades back up, and now it's time to SMASH again! Who's going to the midnight release on Saturday? I'm gonna be at the Game Stop down by the movie theater!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
LOL! Anthony, you genius, you need to clear some space in your inbox! It won't allow me to PM you. What a pack rat you are! Or is it that you're just THAT popular, that your inbox fills to the brim daily??
Well, I'll try again tomorrow...

So Alan, I was wondering what was to become of those spring/summer vacation plans you were talking about a couple months back. If you're still serious about them, then keep us updated.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, I guess it was about time I re-entered the scene! I've been busy getting the grades back up, and now it's time to SMASH again! Who's going to the midnight release on Saturday? I'm gonna be at the Game Stop down by the movie theater!
I guess I'll be seeing you there then. My friend wants to start camping at 9pm. Gah.... Saturday is going to be one long day.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It won't if you just do the dance!

---------

Shiz from M2K

this review doesn't reflect my current opinion

currently I think Pit and Toon Lnk are the best, altho again that may change over time, DDD is bottom of High Tier or mid of High Tier most likely, Marth's good but not as good as I said he was I just knew how to use him well, Olimar is still gay, Pikachu is really good, Ike is really good, ZSS is good, Sheik/Zelda are underrated, Wolf is good (according to everyone), the other two spacies aren't bad either, GW is cheap, Diddys good, Snakes good, Lucas and Robot are good, and Metaknight is very good.

haven't tried mario bros yet but they seem above average. These are still early opinions, so take them as you want. Marth is definitely not the best character though, I was just good with him cuz of Melee already while I wasn't used to the other characters.

Also bowser can shield cancel into Down B which does at least like 25% or something super good (does like 5 damage rising upwards into the air now), and with Bowsercide, Bowser can be alright too.

that's my current opinion as of now
Pikachu is good? You should be happy Alan ^_^

What M2K is responding to his my thread based on an interview of the pros talking about smash: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149804

_kSo_

Smash Master
Pikachu is good? You should be happy Alan ^_^
pika is too good. even in melee he is underrated :p

at least sheik/zelda are nerfed

:p

btw

for all you guys that know what this is in reference to:

so, I played pharmacy boy in ssbm yesterday...you can guess how that went. he thinks hes good kuz he beat my pika...LOL @ fsmashing marth with a sword bigger than pika's body. but yea other than pika he couldn't touch me...

but the funniest thing he said was "I would have killed you if my attack hit you before your attack hit me...!!"

umm....yes? i agree...but the reason my attack hit you first is because I'm faster than you noob...gg scrub

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
So is this what you look like when you whip out your breakdancing moves?? :p
If I'm not sober :D

at least sheik/zelda are nerfed
You read it wrong. M2K said Sheik/Zelda are UNDERrated, aka, they're better then what people give them credit for. So far, people are saying Zelda is amazing and Sheik (worse then Zelda) is still solid.

Iggy mains Zelda :p
I other words...she HAS to be cheap xD

But LOL @ pharmacy boy, good **** ****** the scrub ^_^

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You read it wrong. M2K said Sheik/Zelda are UNDERrated, aka, they're better then what people give them credit for. So far, people are saying Zelda is amazing and Sheik (worse then Zelda) is still solid.

Pro-tip Fox is the cheapest Melee character but I didn't main him.

_kSo_

Smash Master
If I'm not sober :D

oh my bad i didnt read that right lol. oopssss

dude the roads got too slippery to continue driving back to jersey...we are stranded in Springfield, OH at a hotel. Luckily we bought a 12 pack and had a fairly good time. Goin' out for a cig now.

sweet

btw in my travels in Indianapolis, I played a few people who were pretty awful - I basically 2-3 stocked them in a 1v2

yea the marth is too good at brushing off scrubs

goosefactor

Smash Lord

btw in my travels in Indianapolis, I played a few people who were pretty awful - I basically 2-3 stocked them in a 1v2
You know, all you really needed to do was tell us that a few people got 2-3 stocked in a 1v2. After ascertaining that it was YOU who beat them, we would then be able to deduce just how awful they truly were...;)
I'm just messin'. You know that. Feel free to return the favor.

yea the marth is too good at brushing off scrubs
Ain't that the truth? F-smash, anyone?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
The verdict is in
Brawl is basically what I've been expecting: A fun diversion.:ohwell:

For anyone who cares, I'll post my code stuff later.

_kSo_

Smash Master
The verdict is in
Brawl is basically what I've been expecting: A fun diversion.:ohwell:

For anyone who cares, I'll post my code stuff later.
for anyone who cares, I have no wii and I don't have anyone to play smash with for the whole spring break. My parents are making me study.

Btw time travel is possible. I am currently back in high school...
:(

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'll leave my Brawl verdict 'til I play it at an SSBO. So far, I've already clocked an insane amount of hours into the game. I can't stop! Currently maining Ike, with Sonic as a secondary. Snake is really hard to play, but the power on some of his attacks is nuts (try his 1-2-3 and see for yourself). So far, I haven't tried to see how this game would work in tourneys. I remember a debate on Smash Balls somewhere else, but they should be banned. It skews the scales way too much.

We're talking tiers already apparently, so I'll put in my two cents. Falcon has been nerfed HARD. That knee's become so friggin' hard to land, and he doesn't really have much power in his other attacks (no, Falcon Punch doesn't count). Ike I'd place in high tier, if only for how risk/reward oriented he is. He can kill at ridiculously low percentages compared to almost the entire cast, but the lag on his attacks is horrible. As for Sonic, same thing, different reasons. He can rush down and keep peppering down damage pretty easily, but it's finshing he has trouble with. His b-air and f-smash are his strongest finishers, but they're awkward to use because of his playstyle. Oh, whatever, I'm just a scrub trying to provide input... Back to Brawl!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
mannnn, Falco double lasers are so much fun.

I got the timing right, so now I can even hit Kirby with it!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
What's this all about!? Brawl comes out and everone is now too busy to post!?

And ya, now Kirk can beat me in brawl too. He's such a jerk.

My parents are making me study.
I'm sorry to hear it. So let me get this straight- you dad doesn't want you to play with falco or little bear over the break?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm sorry to hear it. So let me get this straight- you dad doesn't want you to play with falco or little bear over the break?

'fraid not, sir...lol

not to mention my brother still has school so he's got hw to do (wtf kind of hw does a middle school student get???) so yea, i can't hang with him either. it's basically the worst spring break I've ever had...

at least they told me beforehand that my spring break was gonna suck. it's not like I planned all this **** and they were like "sorry you're not doing anything" at the last minute lol

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Or you could be a really amazing individual such as myself and come down with quite possibly the most annoying cold in the history of man right at the start of break. Yeah, I think that's pretty cool, all things considered.

:(:(:(

Also, Matt, as a result of said cold, I dunno if we'll be able to do anything before break ends. Sorry... =/

_kSo_

Smash Master
Or you could be a really amazing individual such as myself and come down with quite possibly the most annoying cold in the history of man right at the start of break. Yeah, I think that's pretty cool, all things considered.

:(:(:(

Also, Matt, as a result of said cold, I dunno if we'll be able to do anything before break ends. Sorry... =/
good job, sir. Well done.

Well at least Friday is nearly upon us, which means I can actually go out and do something. God studying is dum. Kitsune i have no idea how you study like this 24/7. Of course it's probably easier to do it yourself rather than have your parents throw a whole schedule down and schedule your life...jeez, I'll be studying better at school than I am now...right now i'm like sitting in my room lurking 4chan and smashboards for hours when i should be doing stuff...

except for right now: i'm actually doing econ hw right now so lol

goosefactor

Smash Lord

not to mention my brother still has school so he's got hw to do (wtf kind of hw does a middle school student get???) so yea, i can't hang with him either. it's basically the worst spring break I've ever had...

LOL I was wondering the same thing when you said he had homework. What kind of crap would a middle schooler actually need to study for!? How to add fractions!? Oh no! Anything but that!!
Actually, your brother's probably just saying he has homework so that he doesn't need to hang out with you....;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's probably because he's been awfully quite recently and hasn't posted in forever, but why do I have that bad feeling that Carl's using this whole spring break to get M2K-ish in brawl?:(

Top Bottom