• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bumper insanity!

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
That was pretty awesome, I can't wait to see the funny gametypes people come up with.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
THIS is why people should play with items.

For a while I've been planning to have a match with only bumpers, banana peels, smoke bombs, and high explosives (gooey bombs, cracker launcher, bob-ombs, motion sensors). That should be exciting...

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

For a while I've been planning to have a match with only bumpers, banana peels, smoke bombs, and high explosives (gooey bombs, cracker launcher, bob-ombs, motion sensors). That should be exciting...
No. This is why items should be turned OFF. Wouldn't it suckif, say, you were playing a money match with items on. You were both down to your last life, and as you were getting ready to Fsmash for the kill, a Bob-omb spawns right in front of you and you get blasted off the stage. Now, I don't know about you, but that would really piss me off.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
No. This is why items should be turned OFF. Wouldn't it suckif, say, you were playing a money match with items on. You were both down to your last life, and as you were getting ready to Fsmash for the kill, a Bob-omb spawns right in front of you and you get blasted off the stage. Now, I don't know about you, but that would really piss me off.
*facepalm*

Then turn them off for money matches. I wasn't aware that people put money on games of Smash Bros ALL THE TIME.

Freaking killjoys.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol this forum is largely for COMPETITIVE smashers, who play for money at COMPETITIVE events.
it's important to remember that our standards of "fun" include no items, 8 mins, battlefield + dl64 + pokemon stadium 1 + fd + fountain of dreams + yoshi's story on neutral, brinstar + green greens + corneria + jungle japes + dk64 + poke floats + rainbow cruise on counterpicks, and the other stages banned.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman

I love that.
Games with all explosives on is fun!

I fired up Melee for the first time in a while earlier this week and discovered that for some reason I had everything but explosives turned off last time I played. Fun was had.

Anyway, this video = perfect! That is way too fun!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
lol this forum is largely for COMPETITIVE smashers, who play for money at COMPETITIVE events.
it's important to remember that our standards of "fun" include no items, 8 mins, battlefield + dl64 + pokemon stadium 1 + fd + fountain of dreams + yoshi's story on neutral, brinstar + green greens + corneria + jungle japes + dk64 + poke floats + rainbow cruise on counterpicks, and the other stages banned.
That about sums it up.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
Should you bother with this thread then
or should all the fun stuff put "no competitive players allowed" in their title ??

That was apparently purely for fun. I don't suppose you call the match competitive ??

EDIT: is that really a wi-fi match ??
actually you can turn scores on and damage meters off in Brawl,
which creates the effect seen in the vid.
Also I think they set everyone's handicap to 90%, which results in 1-hit-kill (bumper or not:p).

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
My bad. This thread obviously shouldn't even be here then. I mean, what was the OP thinking posting a video with BUMPERS in it?!!

:rolleyes:

okor

Smash Apprentice
That truely was epic. I'd like to see some more videos like this.

Top Bottom