• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco and Fox not clones

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
I bought the game today and have been playing through SSE, and got far enough to unlock Falco. He is considerably different than Fox.

First and foremost his forward smash. It has less range but still knocks backwards. He strikes down with his fist for this move. The same goes for his nuetral air. Again some strange punch that is nothing like Fox' kick. His forward air is a spinning move where he flies out head first. As for his reflector he throws it forward and it can be used in the air as well. His lazer is the same as last time. Only now it is blue instead of red. His up b is pretty much the same, as is his forward b. However all his standard attacks have been changed like I said. Only his down smash, running forward a, and back air a, down air a and up smash a are the same as Fox. I cant quite figure out if their FS are different either.

I havent unlocked Wolf yet, but Ill let you know when I get him and do a comparison as well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, this game rocks!!

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the info. Some of it was old, but most if it new, and that's definitely good.

Anyway, any confirmation on whether it's possible to effectively Short Hop Laser with Falco?

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I bought the game today and have been playing through SSE, and got far enough to unlock Falco. He is considerably different than Fox.

First and foremost his forward smash. It has less range but still knocks backwards. He strikes down with his fist for this move. The same goes for his nuetral air. Again some strange punch that is nothing like Fox' kick. His forward air is a spinning move where he flies out head first. As for his reflector he throws it forward and it can be used in the air as well. His lazer is the same as last time. Only now it is blue instead of red. His up b is pretty much the same, as is his forward b. However all his standard attacks have been changed like I said. Only his down smash, running forward a, and back air a, down air a and up smash a are the same as Fox. I cant quite figure out if their FS are different either.

I havent unlocked Wolf yet, but Ill let you know when I get him and do a comparison as well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, this game rocks!!
WOOT

With what you said

PLUS http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOvVO-FhJY (Wolf gameplay)

The 3 Starfox reps are actually not really clones...

:>

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
i hear this landmaster thing going around are there any alternate tricks to fox and falco's final smash
it feels a little to fishy and uncreative for sakurai, there has be some other chioce..an arwing at least is what im hoping for.(otherwise dissappiontmen)

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Does Falco's shine send the opponent upwards like it did in Melee? How short is the range of his blaster? What about his jumps? Does he still jump like he had springs on his heels?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
His taunts are wicked also. He has the same one in Melee where he spins around and says "emono ni te wo dasu na", hands off my prey. But for his up taunt he whips it out and hits it around like a hackysack before catching it in his hand. His forward taunt has him pointing forward and saying something in Japanese but I cant make it out. "something, something enemy" i think. I always like falco, and he is much cooler in this game IMO.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
The shine is wierd. It knocks the opponent back a little, but not upward. Also it passes through the person and does not hit if you are right next to the enemy

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
WOOT

With what you said

PLUS http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOvVO-FhJY (Wolf gameplay)

The 3 Starfox reps are actually not really clones...

:>
*goes upside his head*

Semi-clone still classifies as clone like Luigi is to Mario. Regardless, at least the developers did more to make Fox and Falco different then, say, Lucas and Ness.

*throws a sack of potatoes at Sakurai and his staff*

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
His taunts are wicked also. He has the same one in Melee where he spins around and says "emono ni te wo dasu na", hands off my prey. But for his up taunt he whips it out and hits it around like a hackysack before catching it in his hand. His forward taunt has him pointing forward and saying something in Japanese but I cant make it out. "something, something enemy" i think. I always like falco, and he is much cooler in this game IMO.
Man if you really sat Falco is so different then Wolf http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOvVO-FhJY

Must be like a new char, only some people wont belive it and still call him a clone, hope you get your hands on Wolf soon, so you can tell us how he plays.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
When you get around to playing the other supposed "clones" can you find out what the differences are if there are actually any?

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to know what are your initial feelings towards the balance in general. How Falco and Fox handle themselves in the battle? Do the heavyweights rule the battlefield? Did they nerf Fox too much? At his point, does any character seem broken?

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Oops, I forgot the more important part about his short hop lasering -- when you do it, does it cut down on the lag so you can move back and forth efficiently while constantly shooting (similar to Melee)? Thanks!

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Man if you really sat Falco is so different then Wolf http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOvVO-FhJY

Must be like a new char, only some people wont belive it and still call him a clone, hope you get your hands on Wolf soon, so you can tell us how he plays.
the only thing that make him clone like is that his speacial derive from and falco, a close relation but nothing like ness and lucas.

it makes me think: from fox to falco too...-----wolf something like this

Top Bottom