• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
I know this has probably been said already billions of times and im more than likely than a little slow but if this roster is true whos the last 3rd party character?
there probably isn't one. He would've been revealed for hype by now.

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Well I'm inclined to believe you on the whole 3rd party aspect however I think we're going to truly know this by Friday. If there are no new character/veteran updates that conflict with MarkMan and company then I think it's pretty much set in stone and to be fair the only real thing that will deconfirm there roster is a 3rd party reveal of some sort it can be MegaMan, Geno, Banjo and Kazooie(which would probably steer people into believing rapscouter with his recent leak) doesn't matter, but if there is a 3rd party then the percentage of possability goes down.

So naturally prepare yourself for some Sakurai mindgames as it's going to be something like a a Captain Falcon update instead.

P.S I'm not a fan of the proposed roster, but I can deal with it. So please take a deep breath and relax and embrace the game if the roster is true.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Well I been bored I guess.

I compiled a notepad on why I believe that the 35 character leak is true. (Well basically, I copied anything I saw of it, and made the notepad. ) You can choose to believe it or not.

ChronoBound's list

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

Links

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Enfero/stuff/ptness.png
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9031/prophetrosterdd5.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w230/CLShortFuse/Brawl/fullroster.png
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40936118
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9900/rightsideupcp9.png
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6403/1200981036889tz9.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxrQiCz4_o

Prophets(I believe,CZ, Nya, MarkMan(favorite)and POR)

- 35 total playable characters in Brawl.
- 41 total stages in Brawl.
- Mewtwo cut.
- Lucario is in.
- Toon Link is in.
- Wolf is in.
- Falco is returning.
- Ridley, Takamaru, and Isaac are not playable

Gamefaqs post I found. I dont have the link though. You can choose to believe it or not.

sorry i dont even visit the dojo

This is the order of how it looks like on the versus screen...

Mario | Donkey Kong | Link | Samus | Kirby | Fox | Pikachu | Marth | Mr. G&W

Luigi | Diddy Kong | Zelda | Pitt | Meta Knight | Falco | Pokemon Trainer | Ike | Solid Snake

Peach | Yoshi | Ganondorf | Ice Climbers | King Dedede | Lucario | Ness | Sonic | Bowser

Wario | WW Link | R.O.B. | Olimar | Captain Falcon | Wolf | Jigglypuff | Lucas |Random

I don't want to argue anymore with anyone after this, even if some ppl have been rude! I always try to be nice as possible ^_^ ... So this is all I'm revealing. Please check with your JPN copies when you receive it, you'll see I was right. I might be off on one or two of the placements, I did this one quickly off memory!

This dude is off by one spot which is Bowser though. He should be on the fourth row.

I have no proof but there was someone on Gamefaqs that was translating a Japanese game guide released this week, and it said it had 37 character counting Shiek and ZSS as characters so that is 35.

*edited and now there are scan of a translated gamer's guide confirming the guide does exist.(Alot of people declared that it didn't exist when someone was talked about it at first. People were talking about how he was BSing this guide(translated) and that he was a fake on gamefaqs)*

I am just keeping everyone up to date as to why there is this leak. I for one hope it is not true, but it seems highly likely. Either Way, I play thegame and have fun.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
ChronoBound admitted to the 35 Character roster being a fake. Did MarkMan, Reno & PoR use his roster, or viceversa?

Zek

Smash Ace
Chrono was a fake prophet, but his roster wasn't fake. He made it based on info from the leakers that agreed on 35 characters.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Chrono's roster was what he determined the roster to look like after taking all mostly positive leaks into account.

Markman and Reno came AFTER THE FACT to confirm it, though not necessarily giving their own rosters or adding any genuine input besides "we know it's real."

Portrait of Ruin may or may not have appeared before Chrono's roster--only he can answer that. But it is FACT that the roster was never originally posted by any leaker but by a speculative fan.

D

Deleted member

I love how I was the first person to ever say R.O.B. was in then no one credits me. Fantastic.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I love how I was the first person to ever say R.O.B. was in then no one credits me. Fantastic.
People credit you with being backed up by the big NEO 3 :p

Nothing else you have said has come true yet so it's probly easyer to just say "the 3 Neo guys" than to say "ShadowXOR said ROB would be a PC and the 3 big Neo guys backed him up who each have cred".

Oh, and even the famous SurferGirl is saying that Brawl has "35 to 40 characters". https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6236993101430981147&postID=3687864726831523265

IDK who she was counting as characters cause she says she doesn't know all the character, just the number (and 39 would be the number of PC if you count PT as 3 and the transformations as 2. Or 37 if you only count the trans).

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
The 35 roster thingey is FAKE..

Here is the proof..

sorry if it is posted before

--> Link Debunked <-- Link

D

Deleted member

People credit you with being backed up by the big NEO 3 :p

Nothing else you have said has come true yet so it's probly easyer to just say "the 3 Neo guys" than to say "ShadowXOR said ROB would be a PC and the 3 big Neo guys backed him up who each have cred".

Oh, and even the famous SurferGirl is saying that Brawl has "35 to 40 characters". https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6236993101430981147&postID=3687864726831523265

IDK who she was counting as characters cause she says she doesn't know all the character, just the number (and 39 would be the number of PC if you count PT as 3 and the transformations as 2. Or 37 if you only count the trans).
I said Ness was in and he is. I know a lot of people said it, but a lot of people didn't. So something I've said has come true, even if it wasn't the most unexpected thing ever. Still being the first is important IMO, no one had even brought him up until I did.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I said Ness was in and he is. I know a lot of people said it, but a lot of people didn't. So something I've said has come true, even if it wasn't the most unexpected thing ever. Still being the first is important IMO, no one had even brought him up until I did.
Oh, forgot that:grin:
Your right, you shouldn't be over looked souly because you are not some famed leaker. You are effectively the only reason I think that RENO confirmed CB's roster. . .is was already complete so why not?

Well I will credit you when every I talk about R.O.B.:p

Oh and here is a Japanese (seemly. . ) guy who calms to have been the one to upload the vid. He says he will up load more vids and pics once he gets a new webcam or something.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=socunai

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Why does the title of this thread say that the starting roster vid deconfirms anything, when it could have been faked?
I've made a post on another forum about that:

GaryCXJk said:
Okay, so we can assume that there is a huge chance the video is real. However, what I don't get is why people think this is a definite proof that the vids are real. I mean, it's only five seconds. If I put a lot of effort, I can easily make a basic screenshot, then make the roster right, then add the artwork pictures on the bottom left when hovering over a character, then add the yell Pit makes, as heard in one of the commercials, then add that final screen. It could as well just be faked.

In short, while it may be the real deal, we also need to brace ourselves for disappointment, since this could just be faked.

Boofer

Smash Ace
You say that the video confirms the starting roster, yet the video isn't confirmed true. However, you say that Lucario being playable is only semi-confirmed, yet it comes from the official Japanese wii site. The former is not confirmed, yet it seems highly likely to be true. Also, the latter should be pretty much confirmed, or at least more definite than the former.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Please update the first post, the video proves nothing and could easily be fake, it's only made up of images and sounds we've already heard before, and stops RIGHT BEFORE the real proof. Strange huh?

HoldenCaully could still be real. Of course I don't believe most of these guys, but personally I think Olimar will be secret.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I still think Mewtwo is in, he's not disconfirmed, and i can't think of why they would ditch an original moveset... especially since Serebii claimed Mewtwo would still be in (didn't he?)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think everyone will... when the real roster is finally revealed, EVERYONE will eat their words, because sometime they'll have made a profound claim that isn't true.

If Mewtwo isn't in Brawl, I'll eat my words. If 2Chan's 35 roster is true, everyone with a brain will eat their words ('cos it's pretty lame, and Sakurai doesn't do lame :p)

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Also posting that the exposed video is real IMO and heck I will copy my post from gamefaqs.

Video is real. I think the video is from the japanese version of the demo though. (You know the store demo you play of the game in Best Buy). The reason he can't show any unlockable character is because there are none in his version of the game. When he gets the real game he will expose more which will be on Friday.

From what I read it is real. We will know by Friday though. I also believe in the 35 character roster as well.(Hope I am wrong though)

Perhaps he would have showed the game modes and unlockable characters in the video but since it is a demo, he can't do so.

This is just speculation on my part. But you people can take this how you like it.

Also If the 35 character leak is false, then I believe that it is a GOOD thing.(I want Ridley, Micaiah, and others as well) But evidence is looking to show otherwise.

I suggest people rewatch the youtube video, and think of it as a demo. Maybe you can find something about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxrQiCz4_o

Remember the video matches this screenshot
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9900/rightsideupcp9.png

(It matches, just keep watching it and pausing it and you see what I mean, Pikachu looks like a yellow blur but hes there, Olimar and Lucas tough to see as well. Zelda and Shiek matches as I see brown hair on right and blue on the left for Shiek)

This forum is wacky as sometimes I cant get access to it sometimes. Yea I don't think they are any true prophets but there are people that know inside information. Also ShadowXOR(*pats back), I give you credit at least if this is correct. I also edited my post a little bit that was a couple of pages back

P.S. I don't deserve any credit as all I did was make a compilation on the leaks in a nice and easy to see post. Don't give me any credit if this is true.

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
I just thought of something. What if R.O.B. isn't the NES R.O.B. or R.O.B. 64 from Star Fox. What if Sakurai seen a pattern in a R.O.B.'s appear.
One on made on NES. None on SNES. One made on 64
None made for Gamecube.
Now, one made for Wii? R.O.B. Revolution? It could be a whole new R.O.B., or not. I just got bored and thought of this.
Or maybe the playable R.O.B. is from the NES, and has the NES Zapper (like in WarioWare)
Remeber: I just got bored, and posted this. I doubt this will happen myself.

By the way: Is it just me, or is the site loading much faster?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something. What if R.O.B. isn't the NES R.O.B. or R.O.B. 64 from Star Fox. What if Sakurai seen a pattern in a R.O.B.'s appear.
One on made on NES. None on SNES. One made on 64
None made for Gamecube.
Now, one made for Wii? R.O.B. Revolution? It could be a whole new R.O.B., or not. I just got bored and thought of this.
Or maybe the playable R.O.B. is from the NES, and has the NES Zapper (like in WarioWare)
Remeber: I just got bored, and posted this. I doubt this will happen myself.

By the way: Is it just me, or is the site loading much faster?
I agree - R.O.B. could get a new iteration and the site is like greased photons in comparison to what it was some hours ago.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I just don't see how R.O.B. can roll, grab, etc.

And figuring as his name is "Robot" in Japan, I don't think they'll use such a generic character with an even more generic name.

One of Sakurai's rules was that characters must originate in a video game to be playable, remember?
R.O.B. is an accessory.

I have nothing against R.O.B.; I thought he was awesome on Mario Kart DS.
But if there were only three more newcomers on Brawl, I certainly wouldn't want him as one of them.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Shouldnt this be stickied?

Sothe, Trace, Professor Oak, and Kiddy Kong are Assist Trophiess. (Sothe was confirmed at JumpFesta; forbrawlbattle said Sothe, Trace & Professor Oak as well)
Which one was kiddy kong?

domriver

Smash Lord
Ok people I have checkouted Rapscouter's predictions. in his UPDATED section he said that Banjo-Kazooie was a playable character inculding Sora. In his updated section is the 3 lies in each still in effect? Also in his prediction he stated that there is a 4th 3rd party member. Could that be Banjo-Kazooie on what he is talking about? Rare is owned by Microsoft.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I don't actually see much wrong with the "35 list" past the inclusion of R.O.B and the omission of Mewtwo. Both of which are absolutely stupid decisions.

Toon/Wind Waker Link isn't really needed, either. But I'm alright with him on the whole.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I do. ;)

No Krystal is a crime against Humanity, it also goes against Sakurai wanting more female characters.
Sakurai actually said...

I put Zero Suit Samus in thinking I wanted to include more characters from the popular Metroid series. Also, since Smash Bros. has few female characters, I was quite happy to include her.

He did not say he wanted more female characters.

See it for yourself....
http://wii.ign.com/articles/710/710752p1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom