• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ark for Brawl Thread

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
First off, whether you support Ark or not, I highly recommend playing the game Terranigma for the SNES if you have not done so.

(Picture courtesy Vesperview)

Ark was the main character of a game named Terranigma made by Quintet and Enix for the Super Nintendo. Terranigma was the final game in a trilogy, preceded by Soul Blazer and the Illusion of Gaia. Terranigma was an Action-RPG where after opening a strange box, the people of Ark's village Crysta all freeze. Ark then sets out on a journey to conquer five towers so that he can restore Crysta and revive the planet. That is the prologue.

The series is a cult-classic among RPG fans, for its gameplay, music, outstanding graphics for its time (Terranigma actually has instances that you might call cutscenes for instance), and its less than cliche story that RPGs run rampant with.

The gameplay is somewhat similar to the Legend of Zelda, in that it has the same kind of view, you move your character up, down, left, and right; and you go to dungeons in which you have to fight monsters and solve puzzles to progress. One difference being however, that there is actually a good deal of equipment and that you level up. Another difference is that Ark can jump.

Ark's main means of attack is with a spear, with which he has multiple attacks that all could transition to A or B moves. Ark also can use magic through means of finding magirock, and then having it turned into a ring. Those could also transition into a moveset well. Along the way, Ark finds items in dungeons that help him progress. Unlike the LoZ, you don't really set these. Examples include an item that let you swim, and an item that lets you climb rock walls. Some of these may be able to fit in a moveset. The box I mentioned earlier is quite unique. It houses a small purple creature named Yomi, and Ark can dive into it whenever he pleases to deal with items, equipment, and other features of the game. Yomi, the box, and items could also factor into a moveset.

Custom Entrance: The box is on the ground, it floats into the air, and Ark comes out of it, pulling the box inside out, making it disappear.

Taunt 1: Ark turns toward the screen, and what happens when he levels up occurs.

(I plan on making and adding in a full moveset here as time goes on. However, if someone else wants to make one, they're more than welcome and I will either put it in this post or at least add a link to it.)

Overall, Ark is a character from a Nintendo-exclusive cult-classic RPG series with a plethora of abilities for a moveset. Unlike most RPG characters, Ark actually talks and has a personality. Ark would not only bring a rare combination of weaponry and magic, he would bring a spear to the world of smash, making for a very unique moveset. I know that like most 3rd-party suggestions he has almost no chance, but I think Ark would make a very good character addition. It could revive a classic RPG series and would almost certainly bring the series to the Virtual Console if he was added. Support Ark!

Remember: The point of these threads is to show that you would support the character being in Brawl, whether you think it will happen or not. However, arguments against the character are still welcome.

(If someone would provide some screenshots from the game, I would appreciate it. Also, if someone would make one of those support things that you put in your sig, it would be awesome, but I don't expect that to happen.)

(I plan on improving and increasing this post as time goes on. I hate when I go to the official thread for one of my favorite characters and the first post is only like 3 sentences long. I plan on adding pictures, movesets, and perhaps an argument/counter-argument section. Again, any and all contributions are welcome.)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
YES! I support him! Ark is great! Although he has almost no chance of making it into Brawl. But HELL, Terranigma was a **** fine game to play! And it has one of the best SNES Soundtracks ever.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Heh. There's a character I'd forgotten about, from a great game. Nice choice.

His chances of getting in ARE 0%, though. He won't be in. Not in a million years.

Still, I'm glad SOMEBODY around here's making crazy 3rd-party predictions for good, classic characters from good old SNES games, instead of crap like Crash Bandicoot and Rayman.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, I don't see it happening. However, he's still a great character with great potential from a great Nintendo-exclusive series. Oh, and don't forget Spyro, he's the crappiest of the crap.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
I edited the first post to include a few more sentences about various things, a custom entrance, and a taunt.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
His up+B could be the bird that carries him.

Forward+B could be one of his magical rings.

Down+B: Hiding in his Box for protection. ^^

Final Smash: Dark Gaia appears and attacks the other players.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Vesperview, already added it in. I forgot to give you credit for it, I'll do it the next time I edit it.

In the mind of the Sonic Fanboy: Ark? Like the space colony ark from Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog?

Oh yes! I support it 100%!
Back in the mind of a responsible poster: Oh that guy? That would be cool, but two potential problems: OLD third party and hardly recognizable. Maybe an AT/trophey or sticker at best. Nice idea though.

Top Bottom