• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF smash club..(Super Smash Gaming Club) SSGC

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Ok.. I wanna get an official club started up at UCF..

Club Name: TBA
Faculty advisor: TBA
Club dues: $5 per semester.
GPA: 2.0 or better.

Officers:
President: purekorea
Vice President: Rx
Treasurer: QDVS
Secretary: Bane

First meeting: TBA(soon)

3rd page has missions, goals, and requirements, and current discussions.
(everything is up for discussion: potential members only)

Members list
Name/Number/PID/

EDIT:
LIST REMOVED TO PREVENT ID THEFT

the more members the better :)

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
I know two other people that will be willing to be on the list" Kaniel Martin and Dijion Gumbs.

Bane- you wanna get together sometime during school and help me with the constitution thing?

Sudai

Stuff here
Just letting you know, I read it as "UFC smashers" and though "Holly hell, Ultimate Fighting Championship took up smash? O.O" then read again and...yeah. XD I'm thoopid.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
as long as the noob who ran that club we went to a tourney before a long time ago at UCF doesn't runs this, this should be good.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Yo pure korea.. We need to get busy this week.. I went in the SGA today and they say this week is best if you wanna get in.. Let me know when we can get together and get a constitution going an such..

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Yo pure korea.. We need to get busy this week.. I went in the SGA today and they say this week is best if you wanna get in.. Let me know when we can get together and get a constitution going an such..
K. sent you a PM with times when I'm free

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Bump! for Status Report. If you guys down have the time for this, let me know, I sit around all day. Let there be smash!!!!11

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
found 2 valencia smashers, who i overheard talking about smash... i told them about UCF smash so they might join. tru.
they also attend ucf.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Update:

Bane and I got together today and finished most of the constitution and have a teacher advisor in mind we have a couple things that we couldn't do that we need help on.

:mario:Mission statement: Create fellowship within the Super Smash Brothers community at UCF
Providing a competive yet friendly atmosphere as well as a location to dicuss similar interests and hobbies.

:bowser:Goals: To increase knowledge and skill of the game. As well as promote brotherhood and experience of high pressure events and matches potentially with other colleges.

:bumper: Club Name:
Discuss possible club name

:bumper:In need of Officers, namely President and Vice President. Bane is going to be the secretary. I'm willing to be President or Treasurer. Anyone willing to serve as Pres or vice pres should contact Bane or me. Officers MUST have a 2.0 GPA.

The President shall:
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of the organization.
• Preside over all meetings and call all meetings to order.
• Maintain communication with the Office of Student Involvement and ensure that all paperwork is current.
• Be one of three signers on financial documents.
• Be responsible for creating a budget at the beginning of each fall and spring semester, in conjunction with the Treasurer.
• Ensure that all officers are performing their duties as defined in this Constitution.
• Keep advisor informed of activities and functions of the organization.
• Be familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order to conduct meetings.
• Provide all documents and records pertaining to his/her responsibilities to the newly-elected President.
• Assign special projects to officers.

The Vice President shall:
• Assist the President in his/her duties.
• Assumes the President’s responsibilities in his/her absence.
• Coordinate all conferences.
• Keep accurate records of all meetings in the Secretary’s absence.
• Plan and be responsible for all retreats and training of the organization.
• Perform an audit of all financial transactions of the organization once per semester.
• Provide all documents and records pertaining to his/her responsibilities to the newly-elected Vice President.
• Assist in special projects as assigned by the President.

The Treasurer shall:
• Keep an accurate account of all funds received and expended.
• Present a budget report of deposits and expenditures to the membership at least once per month, and as requested by the President, Vice President, advisor, or Office of Student Involvement.
• Be one of three signers on financial documents.
• Be responsible for collecting dues and notifying members who are delinquent in their payments.
• Be responsible for creating a budget at the beginning of each fall and spring semester, in conjunction with the President.
• Provide financial records sufficient to allow the Vice President to perform audits.
• Provide all documents and records pertaining to his/her responsibilities to the newly-elected Treasurer.
• Assist in special projects as assigned by the President.

:bumper:Meetings (smashfest) are going to be held every other week for the first 2 or 3 months until the club gets settled in.

:bumper:Officers will be required attend one actual meeting per month, which will usually take place 30 minutes before the smashfest.

:bumper:We will hold a tournament on the final meeting (smashfest) of each month. As of now we aren't sure how prizes are going to work out, but we will have a UCF ranking system which will be based on your placings in these tournaments.

:bumper:There will be club dues of 5$ per semester.(money will be used for spare controllers, etc and filter individuals who aren't dedicated to the club.) Members also much maintain a 2.0 GPA. Members will also be required to keep up with smashboards or facebook groups(under construction).

We will keep you updated as we go along.

purekorea- 407-625-8048
Bane- 813-579-8470

Call or PM us for anything urgent, but it would be prefered to keep all discussions on this thread. We will both be checking it daily.

edit- added officer description of Treasurer. It's open if anyone wants it since not many want to be President or Vice, I'll be willing to be President if someone wants treasurer.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
In my opinion it should be called Smash Club, and im down to be an officer like a secretary or something, nothing that demands too much time cuz thats what i lack the most of.

Since you guys are pretty much getting it together, both of you should be the president and vice, tru?

where are you guys planning on holding these smashfests at?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
:bumper:In need of Officers, namely President and Vice President. Bane is going to be the secretary and I will be treasurer. Anyone willing to serve as Pres or vice pres should contact Bane or me.
I vote for Dop as club mascot... I mean, who could resist his adorableness?

Also, yeah, PureKorea or Bane should probably be either pres or vice pres or both, cause you guys are so into the club. If not, maybe Andy (Q) or Aasem (Dop)?

Officers MUST have a 2.0 GPA.
Hahaha

Smash = The cause of bad grades.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
We decided that treasurer and secretary require the most paper work.. Pres and vice just basically have to sign stuff and show up to one meeting(smashfest) a month. So we're taking the load basically.

Top Bottom