• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime North tournament - Results and shoutoutz

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Kay, well done guys. It was a good turnout overall and the guys really picked up this year with organization. Well done, I have to give them respect for the skill ranking. but anyway, if I forget you please tell me where you lost and stuff and I'll like.. post it up.

Like Andy said to me "It's more about having fun with this" and that it was and more.

Mind you guys I only have where they ranked overall so nothing too big, unless I somehow get the results from them.

Summoned Fist - Placed Top 64 - Knocked out by Kira
Switchblade - Placed Top 32 - Knocked out by Ambrose
Fogel - Placed Top 32 - Knocked out by Europhoia (spl? >_>)
Dragonhawk - Placed Top 32 - Knocked out by Lone Wolf (HEY THATS MEEE <3)
Kira - ??? (James, tell me what round he lost in, so I can get him in here)
Lone Wolf - Placed Top 16 - Knocked out by ChrnoX
Ambrose - Placed Top 8 - Knocked out by Europhoia
Lanowen - Placed Top 8 - Knocked out by ChrnoX
Europhaia - Placed 3rd Overall - Knocked out by Mysterious Marth
ChrnoX - Placed 2nd Overall - Knocked out by Mysterious Marth

That's all that I have right now, if you see that I made a mistake or something, say somethingz. lol All the AN talk should go here instead of the TT or the tournament thread.

Staff: You are registered as #3
Me: *looks over @ Andy* Oh shiittt, that's an omen.

ROFLLL! Once again, I would like to give some serious respect to the staff. Projectors, TVs and tournament organizer really fixed things up this year. I like how you guys used the skill ranking @ the sign up for seeding.

Shoutouts from me laterr~~

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Nice try on my name Adnan. That's why I'm thinking of just going under "Evolution"... it seems to be easier then this old tag.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ So you play well, want to mm me at BOC for all the **** I was talking? =D $3

I would have put my money on Andy or Ambrose, oh well... props to Chrono (allthough you should have taken first no?)

Europhoria

Smash Lord
^ I hear you're an incredible player. So yup xD I'll give it a try. Rules?
Ambrose losing to me was bizarre, I beat his Falco on Pokemon but then for some reason he counter picked me to Mute City then decided to play as Sheik. James should have won, if he didn't slip and do a fair instead of a dair he would have.
I also continue to stand by my statement of being good without wavedashing. ^^

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I played more Naruto than anything else;

I swear, I set up Naruto on my GCN, and people just swarmed. They came out of nowhere :/

Lol, I can't belive I used my Marth on James... XD

J.L

Smash Ace
lmao mysterious marth...
anyway to clear things up, I was the marth.
and yes i know that falco could have won if he d-aired.. i was so shocked by that
I dont normally play against good falcos, so it was hard for me to deal with the shl..
anyway great tournament none the less!

lmao at lanowen, so ur the guy with the urahara hat. That naruto game attracted so many ppl/naruto fans.

Encubed

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone! Dany the MC here. I just realized I should check the results board rather than post in the old thread that noone will probably check.

Thanks Adnan for helping us out, and thanks to EVERYone for coming out, it was a great weekend. The mic and tourney organization system really helped smoothe things out as compared to last year. Doesn't mean my voice isn't still shaky after 6 hours of talking, but it was worth it :D. I really hope everyone enjoyed themselves, as that was the point. Congrats to the winner, I hope you make good use of the Koopa Troopa.

Adnan, I think I got the spelling of your name wrong on that sheet you gave me, so if you can PM me with the details that would be awesome. I'm looking forward to attending some of the other Melee events here in the GTA.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hi everyone! Dany the MC here. I just realized I should check the results board rather than post in the old thread that noone will probably check.

Thanks Adnan for helping us out, and thanks to EVERYone for coming out, it was a great weekend. The mic and tourney organization system really helped smoothe things out as compared to last year. Doesn't mean my voice isn't still shaky after 6 hours of talking, but it was worth it :D. I really hope everyone enjoyed themselves, as that was the point. Congrats to the winner, I hope you make good use of the Koopa Troopa.

Adnan, I think I got the spelling of your name wrong on that sheet you gave me, so if you can PM me with the details that would be awesome. I'm looking forward to attending some of the other Melee events here in the GTA.

lmao mysterious marth...
anyway to clear things up, I was the marth.
and yes i know that falco could have won if he d-aired.. i was so shocked by that
I dont normally play against good falcos, so it was hard for me to deal with the shl..
anyway great tournament none the less!

lmao at lanowen, so ur the guy with the urahara hat. That naruto game attracted so many ppl/naruto fans.
You, my friend owe me a money match. I will take out that gay marth with pride. I already made mincemeat of one other Marth in a mm. His name will be kept quiet >_>. BUT ALAS! $4 bo3

:] It was loads of fun. but the name is Adnan Ahmadzai. and email address if you need it is finalfury99(at)hotmail.com. The prizes were funny, but still cool.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Your Marth is very nice at Marth dittos (even minus the fact that I'm garbage in those)
Mind giving me a hand with that match up?

J.L

Smash Ace
@Europhoria - if ur referring to me then thankyou. I guess maybe dash dance more and try to have good spacing. your marth wasnt bad, i saw it in action and it looked pretty nice.

@tyrant wolf - we'll have our money match... who do u main? and when is the nearest tourny?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Nearest tourney is June 9th, Battle of Caketown.
Thanks for the compliment O.o I really do think I actually do nicely vs anything but other Marths.
Spacing in a Marth ditto however I find to be a total non-factor. Marth's spacing is generally meant to keep his opponent at tip where he can hit them and they can't hit him back. In the ditto, this doesn't work. Because at the tip, you can hit me your tip. When I play the ditto I find that it's a totally different game.
It's getting inside (approaching) and then as a result, comboing where you murdered me. Can you help me with the approaches in the ditto?

J.L

Smash Ace
well spacing in general is always an important factor against any character. for approaching, I tend to do a lot of short hop n-airs, dash dancing into grabs and then comboes start there. My friend actually recorded some of our matches. Ill send u the link so u can see what you could have done differently.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I need more practice vs. Marths and less vs well... basically everything else, especially the spacies. Where in Toronto are you located?
Also, I know how bad I did in the matches, but I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing them again. (I realized after the 1st match I couldn't beat you in a Marth ditto so I tried a character I never use that has an "advantage")

J.L

Smash Ace

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGn4EaxGAYE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohgRRDcKiC0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHw6oGByk_s

the camera on a certain mode could only retain video mode for a minute, so thts why each one cuts off at 1 min and continues to the next. anyway i thought it would be nice to post some matches

I live around the borderline to markham (steeles area), so it will take me a while to bus to the suaga tourney. ill try to make it though.
GUYS. DAVID! MICHEAL! You guys got a NEW BUDDY!

Europhoria

Smash Lord
^ Woot
J.L I live around the Finch and Pharmacy Area and Dragon_Hawk is on Steeles at Bayview.
We usually play during weekends, sometimes during weekdays. If you PM me with your MSN I can give you directions, etc. We can also probably get you a ride to the sauga tourney.

Xelyst

-_-
omgnowai =O

idk.. ben was going to enter (and was probably going to win =p) but he didnt for w/e reason... i'd want that goombbbaa!

who are the two marths in the vids?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I entered the AMV contest for this convention last year but I couldn't finish my Death Note AMV in time to enter this year. I'm probably gonna come to the convention, enter the contest, and play in the smash tourney alltogether next year.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
AX =/= Anime North

Check the post dates.

Top Bottom