• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/28 NoVA - C3 Grand Re-Opening and UGS Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
[FONT=&quot]YES...IT IS STILL ON!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
JC Media + Entertainment Presents ...

C3 Grand Re-Opening!

C3 opens the doors of its brand new, 6,000 sq ft center, offers gamers tons of space, great snacks, and now an official JC event. In celebration of C3's recent success, JC Media is offering a fantastic opportunity to preview the UGS structure…if you don’t know the culture, here’s the whole structure. –del

Where: C3
44710 Cape Court #118 (NEW LOCATION)
Ashburn, VA 20147

When: Saturday April 28th, 2007
Time: Registration @ 12pm – 1pm
Tournament Starts: 2pm
Format: Double Elim
Entry Fee: $20 and $10 each add'l tournament
Spectator Fee: $5

We look forward to seeing everyone. Again, we want to push ONLINE REGISTRATION. Those who pay online, will be entered to win a BRAND NEW NINTENDO WII. This prize is available to those who register online through PayPal, and those who register online ONLY!

PLAYERS WHO PAY ONLINE VIA PAYPAL to PAYMENTS@JC-MEDIA.COM WILL BE ENTERED INTO A RAFFLE TO WIN PRIZES INCLUDING A BRAND NEW NINTEND WII!

Payout:

1st - Plane Ticket to any UGS Qualifier * + Entry Fee into any UGS Qualifier + Sponsor Prizes + 50%

2nd - Entry Fee into any UGS Qualifier + Sponsor Prizes + 20%

3rd - Entry Fee into any UGS Qualifier + Sponsor Prizes + 10%

4th - Entry Fee into any UGS Qualifier

* Minimum 16 players per tournament

Gears of War 2v2 [360]

Guitar Hero [360] – Sponsored by Red Octane

Dead or Alive 4 [360]

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection [PS3]

Virtua Fighter 5 [PS3]

Super Smash Bros [NGC]

Back by Popular Demand!
Wii Sports **Contest --> for FUN and for PRIZES!

Rules: Visit our Official Site

* It is highly recommended players bring personal controllers. Delay of game may result in a forfeited match.*

**DON'T FORGET TO PRE-REGISTER HERE!**
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Underground Gaming Series:

JC Media + Entertainment has recently expanded its production into a tour and is well-positioned to market its events beyond its present gamer base. This tour, the Underground Gaming Series (UGS), will include the following dates and locations:

* 26 + 27 May - Memphis, TN
* 9 + 10 June - Richmond, VA
* 8 + 9 July - Boston, MA
* 18 + 19 August - Washington, DC
* 15 + 16 September - New York, NY

* 7 + 8 October - Grand Finals: Atlantic City

In addition to guaranteed prize money, players that place top 4 in each game at each stop will get invited to the Grand Finals in Atlantic City. Players will also get a last chance to qualify for the Grand Finals in Atlantic City. Further, there will be 8 wild card slots per game that will be determined by using the Apex Scoring System. In the end there will be 32 players per game competing in the Grand Finals.
Players will also get points that can be used towards their UGS Score by attending other JC Media + Entertainment events. These points will only be considered in the case of a tie and for other giveaways.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We look forward to seeing everyone. Again, we want to push ONLINE REGISTRATION. Those who pay online, will be entered to win a BRAND NEW NINTENDO WII. This prize is available to those who register online through PayPal, and those who register online ONLY!

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
Enter the Empire!

Don't miss your chance to take on the Deadly Alliance and other members of the Empire Arcadia!!

***More updates to come***

D1

Banned via Administration
I don't think I could pass up another chance @ comin to the MD/VA area the smashers there are mad cool.

Can't wait to see Azen, TA, Chillin, and whichever other MD/VA heads that reside close by.

This one's gonna be big!

XD

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Yes Yes Yes!!!! i will also be attending with as many members of the Deadly Alliance crew as is human possible. All 10683668366598347 of us!!!! :mad:

Oh yeah, Is there teams? We Spartans work best as teams....

FOR SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Empire Unblockable Rushdown!

As the mere monsoon which had been brought upon the souls of Md/VA upon the last JC event, this next coming will be but a furious meteor, smashing the competition in all games.

Empire will run deep this event.

Best believe we will have all our NY members, including our Weapon X, aka the king of all primates, aka the MVP, aka the pro slayer, BUM!

I will also be entering singles this time, beware TA and the likes =D

Oh yes, there will be blood...

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Announcement

Da/ea Are Coming To **** Butts All Types Of Them In Smash, Gears Of War ,doa, Tekken, Mvc, Checkers, Chess Tennis, Basketball ,football And Lastly Yu Gi Oh So Whom Wants To Mm Me In Smash And Also Jc Media Triforce Told Me That There Is A Pot Pay-out Of 50/20/10 On Top Of The Prize Pay-out You Already Have For All Games Is That True?

H3LL F0X

Smash Cadet
rrrrrrarhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Uhhhh ! who is JC ? And what the heck is going on lol. Mad excitment but mad confused. :psycho:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'll try to go ^_~

D1 let's be sure to play. I WAS AT NINTENDO WORLD TODAY no one was there to smash haha.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
DA u guys arent travelling for much, the turnout is going to be trashy. just fyi

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
DA u guys arent travelling for much, the turnout is going to be trashy. just fyi

DA came last time, and over 40 smash players from around the area supported the event. Thank you for your comment, however we will have to disagree, as we feel the turnout will be just as good as our last event- if not better.

JC Media.

hova

Smash Champion
plairnkk was there last time, he knows what the turnout was

but we were at C3 last week and will be at C3 two weeks from your event, and since there is a tourney the same day which is much closer and cheaper for all the MD people, the majority of MD will be at that

you shouldn't pretend to know the local scene better than the local smashers

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
No one is pretending to know anything. The price is the same this time as it was at the last event. $25 for both singles and doubles. We want people to have fun not break pockets. We do hope for a good turnout but if people would rather go to another event that is fine. Either way, we hope everyone has fun.

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
G-Reg, as stated before, if you do end up coming, if you want to help with running the brackets we will cover you.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
my prediction is about 5 va smashers come, 1-2 being TA, and no one from md.
i'm like, 25% going to this now. sorry DA :/ just a bad date. umbc is too good

Shinku

Smash Champion
ya know i was gona go to the one in umbc, BUT, this one is hella close for me and ill save gas. i think i drop by for this and do teams. =D.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Me and Masa are gonna come to this I think.

Greg: Is Joe going? If not let's team, we've never lost a tourney ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom