• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena - 7 and 8 april - biggest french tourney ever

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
UPDATE :

You can now register for the tournament here.

Remember that this event is going to be a HUGE event in Europe, and if you were waiting for a good time to come to Europe, here it is ! Also remember that there won't be any housing issues !
Don't hesitate and contact me by msn or email if you have any concern or any questions regarding this event !
joannadark5@gmail.com (this is my email AND my msn)

How to get there
The airports you can arrive at are Paris Charles de Gaulle and Paris Orly. CDG is the biggest !
If you find it less expensive to come to Europe by flying to London, you can get cheap flight tickets at ryanair to fly from london to paris !
You can also arrive at Paris Beauvais (with ryanair) but you will have to take a train to Paris afterward.

Housing
Parisian smashers will house you if you come in advance and/or stay a little longer after the tournament. Contact me if you plan to do so.
During the tournament days, housing is provided by the venue itself ! You'll just need a sleeping bag.
The venue is pretty close to Paris, so if you come from far away, it won't be a problem, at one point or another, to go and visit Paris ;)

Rules
Singles :
- No items.
- 4 stocks.
- Stages allowed : Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi Story and Fountain of Dreams. No other stage is allowed.
- Pools will be best of 3.
- Results of pools will determine who goes into brackets, and who you fight.
- Double Elimination Bracket will be best of 3 for the beginning of the bracket.
- The rest of the bracket will be best of 5.
- Finals will be best of 7.
- Double blind pick is possible for the first match of a set.
- The stage for the first match of a set will be random between Final Destination, Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.
- After the first match, loser picks the stage, then winner picks character, then loser picks character.
- Stalling is completely forbidden.

Doubles :
- No items.
- 4 stocks.
- Stages allowed : Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium and Yoshi Story. No other stage is allowed.
- Double Elimination Bracket will be best of 3 for the beginning of the bracket.
- The rest of the bracket will be best of 5.
- The stage for the first match of a set will be random between Final Destination, Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.
- After the first match, losers pick the stage, then winners pick characters, then losers pick characters.
- Life stealing is allowed.
- Team attack is ON.

Possible cash prizes
Single :

1st : 2400 €
2nd : 1100 €
3rd : 300 €
4 : 100 €
5 : 50 €
6 : 50 €

Double :

1st team : 1000 €
2nd team : 350 €
3rd team : 150 €

Crew :

1st crew : 1000 €
2nd crew : 350 €
3rd crew : 150 €

UPDATE :

Poilon confirmed everything. the date is set and won't change, you can start booking now ;)
Housing is also confirmed for both days !
The price will be 20 euros par day of tournament, and the cash prize should be HUGE...
If some american/foreign players want to come but not only for 2-3 days, just say it here and I'll look for additional housing for you ;)

Hello everyone :)
Some of you may know me as JD or Joanna Dark and I've been to 0C2 this summer !
Now, I'd like you to come over France, and why not for the biggest tourney of our smash history?
The date is confirmed, it's a 2 days event that will include singles, teams and crews, at least.
You will be able to sleep at the venue during the tournament, and you will get food if you pay the entrance fee ;)

The thing is, I'm not the organizer. Poilon will organize that. he studies at the best programmer's school in Paris : EPITA. it'll be co-organized with the Cycom association ! This thing is very serious and we want it to be big :)

All you have to do is make sure you can come, and come ;)
Everyone is welcome :)

If enough people show up, the cash prize could be 2000€, so step it up people, come visit us in Europe, this is a very good opportunity !
I'll update this topic when I have more things to say, and you can ask anything you want regarding this tournament, I'll make sure Poilon answer :)
have fun :)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I hope RoS4 and AFC4 can be close to this date too, so people can come for 3 big tourneys close together, if that doesn't motivate more Americans to come, I don't know what will :/

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol helios is already drooling over the money xD

- Ive been browsing the airport site www.Ryanair.com , from Stansted ive found no France locations or Paris in general...so more information would be great =/ Are you sure those are the airports in france cause i cant find those anywhere on the site? "The airports you can arrive at are Paris Charles de Gaulle and Paris Orly."

Doraki

Smash Lord
If you want to use Ryanair you'll have to check the connections with Paris (Beauvais).
You can fly there from Glasgow IIRC. maybe from other places.
Then you have to do Beauvais - Paris by either bus or train (13 euros 1 way with the airport bus)
If you can't use ryanair, easyjet is a good choice, and after that, I don't know.

Helios, it's easy, total cash prize = 20 euros * number of participants. So 2000 if we get 100 players.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yeah seems ryanair is useless for people in london, been wandering round it for like 10 mins..nothing cheap available, every airport seems like £50-100 (not even sure if thats taxed) for going on the friday and returning sunday. Hopefully things will go down in price after christmas although its pre-booking for april >.> would be nice though

Kone

Smash Master
Maybe this should be posted elsewhere? no offence lads, don't think you'll get much US interest and on top of that not many europeans check this area out?!

Kone

Smash Master
Its going to be around the £50 mark, so start savng your pennies. Spam you aint got no excuse, i know you'll have a loan coming through ;) . In crews we'll form a british crew, makese sense ya ^_^

But yeah, get yourselves here!

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Saturday 14 April London Luton to Paris Charles de Gaulle
flight 2451; dep. Sat 14 Apr 06:00
arr. Sat 14 Apr 08:15
£15.99
(per person)

Saturday 14 April Paris Charles de Gaulle to London Luton
flight 2462; dep. Sat 14 Apr 22:10
arr. Sat 14 Apr 22:25
£11.17
(per person)

European single trip travel insurance
£7.50
(per adult)

Travel insurance £7.50
(per adult)

Total amount due:
1 adult
£60.16
(total cost)

This is gotten from www.Easyjet.com, hope it helps.

Doraki

Smash Lord
I was thinking the same. All of you should better come there. I want to be a part of Pimptaxi in the crew battle eeerrrrrmmmm.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Poilon just said that everything was confirmed
We'll have the venue for 2 days, people can be housed, food will be provided, and there'll be around 35~ 50 tvs o_O So that sets the goal for 200 entrants.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
We'll decide the rules quite soon, and I can assure all you guys that doraki and I will make sure they are good rules ! Poilon trusts us about that and he wants the tournament to be the best it can be !
but it'll still be the french way ;)

Kman25

Smash Ace
Yeah Im interested, I just checked out Eurostar prices, And theyre about £30 which I can definitely afford also just go for the day for, So yeah I think Im there.

Edit: Sorry about the double post

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Can the tourney have a better name? its ****e
No. Since the association Cycom is really helpful (the tourney could not be done without them), they deserve the right to decide of the name of the tournament. And I think they'll prefer have their name in it :/

Top Bottom