• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
i finally mastered the windmill of fury, and its been rather devastating if i do say so myself. so devastating in fact my little sister won't even play with me anymore. i made an instructional vid to try to help you guys out, cause you're all my best friends (besides co and me) and it also has a segment of use in real matches so you can start to realize its full powerness (is that a word???)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnT_eaOVNJ4

about the last segment of me vs supernova69, a rather broken strat i've uncovered using the windmill of fury in samus dittos is to get the % advantage then start a windmill of fury. your opponent will have no choice but to also begin windmillin' (unless he has a deathwish) so it becomes in effect an infinite stall. get it? infinite stall? cause its a stall infinitely but its also a stall using an infinite. i'm the king!!

edit: i changed one thing in this first post, try to guess what it is

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Couldn't someone do a Shield grab?...
... and darn if this was a joke -_-

nookrulz

Smash Ace
DelxDoom if you had watched the video you would know that the only way to stop the Winmill of Fury is to respond with a Windmill of Fury of your own. So your answer is no.

Echo

Smash Champion
this type of stall should be banned from tournament play. too rigged. I have watched this video about 20 times simply because I enjoy listening to old school megaman music. I give +rep for that kinda ****.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The technicality of those motions are unbelievable. You must put up a vid of your fingers while doing the windmill.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Wait...I don't understand why that works >_>

Isn't it just back and forth dash attacking? I'm sorry, usualy I pick up on things much faster, but could someone explain what he's doing thats so unbeleivable?

I've watched the video 6 times now...also, how did those 2 samuses follow each other so well? The odds of them choosing the same mindgames over that amount of time is unimagineable.

Ack...I'm completely lost...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Whoa, imagine combining this with the Echo Slide. That **** would be so broken! >_<

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
seems like a lot of people don't quite understand everything thats going on in this technique. if you watch closely in the how to play segment you'll see a mindgame, pay attention to that mindgame because it is key. now try windmill of furying and you'll see what i mean.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
A mindgame? Are you refering to that dashdance to attack twice in the same direction? To be honest, I don't know any mindgames. I don't play often enough vs humans...

I'm guessing this entire technique revolves around some kind of mindgame, which would explain why I'm not seeing it. Can someone explain it, please? >_<

Sorry for beeing a pain in the ***...

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoa! I can only pray this will be banned in tournaments or you can just forget the current tier list alltogether.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
I'm still lost :(

Anyway, look at how fast this is spreading.

Theres something truely amazing about this Windmill of Fury, and I still don't know what it is. I feel like such a noob. I'd go try it, but my TV is currently beeing used ;_;

EDIT: "Wes four-stocked Isai when he implemented the Windmill of Fury into his game last week, didn't you know?"

Good Lord! This is from the gamefaq SSBM boards by the way, in the thread with the same title as this one. Appearantly, Wes beat Azen, Chu, Captain Jack, Bombsoldier, Sethlon and Kizzu, and he's going for Ken when he gets the chance. It's like the fabric of space-time is falling apart! Crash, what have you done?! XD

If I don't know how this "infinite" works before I go to sleep tonite, I'm going to end up in an asylum, I swear. >_<

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I was training my samus for Chu's Ice climbers at MLG NYC.

After watching this video, I realized that I have been wasting my time playing samus for 3 years.

The cool thing about the infinite stall is that it is almost impossible for your opponent to be good enough to be able to do the windmill of fury on his own.

So basically, it's just a countdown to the opponent ****ing up, and a countdown to the exact moment that Crashman shows us all the meaning of religion.

Blade Punk

Smash Rookie
So like... why wouldn't a barrage of SHLs from a Falco or even Missile cancels in the case of Samus dittos break the patterns? I even see timed shield grabbing and wavesmashing cutting into this. Though I'm just now looking into this myself, I'm assuming this works only as a staller technique. If it actually is, I would think it'd be banned like Peach bomb stallers and Luigi Ladders >.>

Pye

Smash Journeyman
I just tried this against a CPU, and it did nothing for me, I just got insta-reflex grabbed out of my dash attack, lvl 9 computer style on every try to do it. Heck, he even powersielded a few of them and proceded to hand me my *** on a platter. I'm deffinitly missing a very important step here.

Can someone please explain, in plain english (or any language. I'll google translate it if I have to), what this infinite is, and why missiles, turnips, charge beams, Falco's baster, or even bowser's B don't stop it? Everyone keeps saying "omg crazy, should be banned in tournaments, etc etc", but nobody has stopped to say why >_>

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
What important step are you missing?

Oh, nothing major...except...you're clearly not being furious enough.

It is, after all, the Windmill of FURY!!! ;)

JTHMbyJV

Smash Cadet
yeah what pve said, couldn't a projectile stop it

i need to see a vid of wes using it before i believe it

Ironclad

Smash Apprentice
Ho-lee sheeyit. Crashman just blew all the Samus player's minds.

I can't believe it. There it was, right in front of us, the whole time! So simple, yet, so . . . furious.
My little brother actually attempted this technique. At the time, I didn't appreciate the unfathomable genius of it, and neither did he I suspect, because he stopped doing it at some point. How foolish I feel now.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
.. i was expecting some kind of attack with samus fair that stuns and then use uair to stun more and fair to stun again.. and the opponent cant move.. my friend does it alot..

but it was something much more amazing!! i picked up samus because of this technique and now i pwn! THANK YOU SO MUCH CRASHMAN!!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Hmmmm. I really can't decide how to take this thread. On one hand, this seems to be a good tactic, as indicated by all the posts and stuff. But on the other hand, this tactic seems to be fairly easy to predict and counter as well. Is this a joke that all the Samus players are in on or something? Me is lost.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i'm currently devoting all my time to try to figure out SOME WAY with SOME CHARACTER to defeat the great WINDMILL OF FURY. i've been working on it since 8 o clock tonight and still nothing. i will make sure to let everyone know when i figure something out.

Blade Punk

Smash Rookie
The fact that no one has personally addressed the chances of a projectile counter as being something to destroy this seems to me that this is a joke ._.'

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The fact that no one has personally addressed the chances of a projectile counter as being something to destroy this seems to me that this is a joke ._.'
BP, a dash attack will go right through a missile and you won't have time to charge a blast. The only counter is to perform the move yourself and stall for 8 minutes. Whoever gets the first hit in and puts damage on before the clock runs out wins!

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
haha well this is amusing. i can actually see this usefull to punish the opponent a bit. get him in to a rut. its fairly obvious though that once it gets predictable the other samus is going to crouch cancel. this would work better against a falcon, i'd say, if you dash attack so you go behind him and cant be shield grabbed

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wow Cra$hman good work. Now I can just give up on my advanced techniques and do this Windmill combo.
For all you noobs who think missiles beat this, you have to remember that with this combo, nobody can even pull off a missile attack. That also aplies to Samus's, link's and y-link's grapple, as well as shield grabs. God you noobs who think this is a joke are sooooooo stupid.

Edit: The stand up attack doesn't work either, they just don't have the time to do it.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
this should be added to all samus guides and stivkied immeaditly >.>

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
it's basically a power struggle between the two characters, you just have to mindgame the other guy into messing up his Windmill of Fury, and then jump on the opportunity. and we all know crashman can't be mindgamed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom