• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
since you asked,
theres a guy named -blue- he goes to tourneys in new york city, and he top 8s consistently.
puffball and X also top 3 consistently in their respective areas
sonic is acutually ranked 16th out of 39 characters in tournament results

___X___

Smash Lord
since you asked,
theres a guy named -blue- he goes to tourneys in new york city, and he top 8s consistently.
puffball and X also top 3 consistently in their respective areas
sonic is acutually ranked 16th out of 39 characters in tournament results
ohhh nooooooo!

blue talked to me about this! i don't wanna make sonic a higher tier!
i want him to stay LOOOOWW

its soo fun owning people with a low tier :D

ima stop posting results yo :D

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Considering this is the tourney thread, when was the last tourney Sonic made top 8?
I made 5th on the 25th of october. I'm gonna make first at our next tourney, they are actually banning metaknight at our next tourney does it still count?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no MK tourneys count here, but they dont count in ankokus rankings, that would mess up the Mk dominance numbers, also

i really wish i was in your area, Mk-less tourney sounds amazing right now

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
**** lag...
Took 4th out of 13 at my GE weekly. R3, suicide at 12% due to button lag... terrible...
Again, no copy paste for the link (same as always)
GE Brawl Weeklies
October 30th, 08
13 man bracket
JMan (Sonic) 4th

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
rofl at australia banning MK

and rofl @ pit being #3

with the exception of Mk snake and sonic, their meta game is soooooooo far behind

Browny

Smash Hater
Let us now take a moment to reflect on the awesomeness of Sonics latest ranking. I added the result of yesterdays tourney since ankoku forgot >_>

18 :sonic: Sonic (12 top8, 3 top4, 2 top2, 6 wins) - 76.8 - 23
good **** everyone who helps get him there. especially to anther (incoming name search in 3,2,1 lol) taking 1st place at huge tourneys with sonic as a secondary/tertiary receiving a huge amount of points :p

low tier ftw!

Browny

Smash Hater
lolz

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=COZviDhAB0g

first match only. I hate yoshis island.

Also in be4 stuff about player skill in a grand final, I know his wolf is not the greatest. It was him who actually knocked out players that knocked me out of winners bracket but I can probably attribute that to thier inexperience vs wolf where he was camping them pretty hard. Either way that was probably one of my best tourney matches with sonic so far so yay for it being recorded

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hey guys I found a link to download some free Sonic unleashed Songs the song is called Spagonia look in the descripition box for the link anyways here is the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=IF4adg6Fhwo&feature=related look in the description box for the download link and there are two versions separate to the downloadable song Spagonia and if I find similar links to this I will post it and I tested it it's safe from my point of view and now I got to songs:) anyways hope this helps later.
I just tested the link and there is a 50-50 chance it will work in which case I will give you another link to this song and also I didn't make the video I found it forget the first link go to this to link I just rencently posted this is will give you download I'am very sure of it okay then later.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D591XF3C day song and http://megaupload.com/?d=JUIVQ710 night song of Spagonia.

Anther

Smash Champion
omfg I didn't even name search to get here this time djbrowny! Your face >=p!
I used sonic against NoJ in the grand finals of a chicago tournament this weekend, I put on a good show with son but ultimately sonic fainted and I had to switch pokemon. I'll have to try to bring some more steak next time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i KNOW this fool did not just call sonic a pogaymon...

needle of Juntah... he plays shiek right?
learn the match fool, sonic whoops on that titless ninja

@dj
1st stock you could have edgehogged wolf for the kill at liek 15 secs into the match but you just stood there at mid stage, fail

3rd stock, you killed wolfs up b with Sonic Pawnch! awesome. dont you love the feeling of that, its too good.

general stuff, you use forward smash a little too much, when you are at mid percentages, use down smash, its slightly faster and wont change your overall game too much.

also, after dash attack, dont shield. i am giving you a personal assignment. i want you to follow up every single dash attack with either forward tilt or up tilt until your opponent backairs you first at least 3 times in a row. trust me, it will work best for you to do it that way

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
also, after dash attack, dont shield. i am giving you a personal assignment. i want you to follow up every single dash attack with either forward tilt or up tilt until your opponent backairs you first at least 3 times in a row. trust me, it will work best for you to do it that way
extra points for following up with an Up-tilt. It's like landing a Falcon Punch. Satisfying.

Dash attack > side-b has become one of my favorites.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm pretty sure NOJ uses G&W actually.

Sheik sucks v Sonic. I'd throw out that it's actually one of Sonic's only advantages.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure NOJ uses G&W actually.

Sheik sucks v Sonic. I'd throw out that it's actually one of Sonic's only advantages.
>_>!?

you haven't met a Sheik that mastered chain yet, have you?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sheik is probably my most played match-up, along with Falco, Snake and Wario.
A good Sheik, at that.
I never had any problems against Sheik, the chains just an annoyance.

Sheik/Zelda ***** though.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Well then stand off them?
They can do it for as long as they want, but I'm not going to run into it for the sake of rushing the match.
Maybe it's something to do with me being the most casually paced Sonic I've ever seen >_>

Browny

Smash Hater
if you can dash attack in beteen DK's ground-pounds with proper timing i find it pretty hard to beleive you couldnt simply get behind sheik and dash attack through the chain.

also kid yeah i know i could have edgehogged him lol normally id go for a b-air stagespike at every chance but i spent too long wondering if a stagespike is even opssible on yoshis until it was too late lol

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hey guys I found a link to download some free Sonic unleashed Songs the song is called Spagonia look in the descripition box for the link anyways here is the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=IF4adg6Fhwo&feature=related look in the description box for the download link and there are two versions separate to the downloadable song Spagonia and if I find similar links to this I will post it and I tested it it's safe from my point of view and now I got to songs:) anyways hope this helps later.
I just tested the link and there is a 50-50 chance it will work in which case I will give you another link to this song and also I didn't make the video I found it forget the first link go to this to link I just rencently posted this is will give you download I'am very sure of it okay then later.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D591XF3C day song and http://megaupload.com/?d=JUIVQ710 night song of Spagonia.
Thank you, even though this is inappropriate for this thread.
Another place to hear good Sonic music: http://www.sonicstyle.org/music/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom