• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAST 2 Results

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Singles, Doubles, and Pools brackets as well as comprehensive results here: http://tia.nealpro.com/ttournament.aspx?id=261

Well, I'd like to begin by confronting a few things. This was my second tournament as director, and I used tio tournament organizer to aid me in this. The seeds in singles were ruined, becuase something wierd was going on when i was trying to enter the data for the pools. we were short on time becuase doubles was long and pools was also tkaing a long time to complete. so during the final set of doubles championship, i tried to enter in the data for pools and since it wasn't working i went through the pool sheets and circled the top 4 people in each pool. i manually put them all into the singles area on tio and seeded the bracket by location and skill. i didn't know you seeded it on how pools went. i'm deeply sorry, especially for socal for how pools turned out and how long it took to start singles.

As for future tournaments, I don't think there will be an SAST3 until after brawl comes out. In fact, I don't know if I'll be even attending any tournies until after brawl comes out. I wouldn't call this a retirement, since I'm not anyone important, but I doubt I'll attend any more tournies since I am dissappointed in my performance as a player and director.

Doubles Results:

1: Four Leaf Mango (Lucky and Mango) ($138)
2: Who the hell do you think we are? (Taj and Wobbles) ($69)
3: We're baked (Butters and Forward) ($23)
4: Team Oblivion (Dark and Light)
5: I crit my pants (Hanki and Mike)
5: Micheal Pulido (NES + JTB)
7: Unholy Alliance (Goop and Altf4)
7: BO Busters (Tag and Axe)
9: Tacos of Intensity (Tofu RobWEST)
9: Ridin' Spinnas (Turnip and J)
9: Team Blackout (James and AZenith)
9: STB (G-Mo and Toro)
13: Marshmallows (Yoshiwiz + Cutmet)
13: Team Brinstar (ChaosTheory and SA-X)
13: Fire Emblem (Phil and Andy (vgx))
13: The Leaders (Vile + Dud (vgx))
17: Running of an Immortal (Peach fuzz + Puff N Stuff)
17: Worst Team Here (Monkeys and DJ=$)
17: Team QuikSilver Brewery (2C4S and CHUK)
17: Team Sexy Indecency (Gamerguitarist7 and Kburns)
17: Babes of Ridiculous Doom (Jy and Elisa)
17: Bowser? I hardly even know her! (mikeHAZE + gimpyfish)
17: Unholy Triforce (Dan Galx)
25: Delusional Leaders (Darthmike + Johnkill)
25: Team Immortal Pair (Isaac Kevin (vgx))
25: Hall of Gods (Chris and Jackie)
25: S+M (Tyler and Josh)

Singles Results:

1: Mango ($270)
2: Forward ($135)
3: Wobbles (Taj) ($45)
4: Taj (Wobbles)
5: DEHF
5: Lucky
7: Gimpyfish
7: Axe
9: James
9: Ruben
9: AZenith
9: Light
13: Toro
13: mikeHAZE
13: NES
13: Butters
17: Turnip Tosser
17: Tag
17: Nicknyte
17: ChaosTheory
17: SA-X
17: Gamerguitarist7
17: Mr. Jaskolski
17: Goop
25: Return_to_sender
25: Idaho
25: Hanki
25: Dark
25: Tofu
25: Dud
25: Altf4warrior
25: Jake the Boy

Singles Notes:
-Idaho, Hanki, and Dark dropped from the bracket due to personal reasons and my poor tournament running.
-Jake the Boy received last place becuase I ****ed up seeding becuase i didn't know how to use the program to input the pools. I owe you one, man.
-Forward *****, Mango got lucky :-D (just johning ;))

Pools:
Pools brackets are on tia, note: Ruben showed up late and was put into a pool that had not been started, Brain Drain did not show up from his pool so he was removed(pool 6)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i added something to the first post if anyoen cares to read...

i have to go i will answer anythign peopel ask later but my dog either just ran away or was taken by a bobcat, i need to go look for her with my parents goodbye...

Ty1222

Smash Rookie
Sweet. Last place in teams FTL!! :( Oh well, I had a great time and I'll be better next time! :D

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, to be clear, tio is working as intended. You must double click on the ROW of the winner whose results you are reporting; tio then asks you how many times that person lost in the set, because it can figure out for itself how many times the person won. You cannot double click on the row of the loser because there is not enough information to determine a total score. Example:

Player A: "I lost to player B in pool."
Me: "Ok... double click on where Player A meets Player B... how many times did Player A lose? Twice!"
Tio: (internally) well, the set is best 2 of 3, and Player A won [BECAUSE YOU CLICKED ON HIS ROW], so he must mean that the player lost once. Ok, Player A wins 2-1.
Me: "WTF NO PLAYER A LOST 1-2".

Why does this happen? Because telling tio that someone lost in a pool does not provide enough information to record the result; the program would know that Player B won two games, but it does not know how many games Player A won. I could fix this by having a SECOND prompt that would 100% confuse half of all users, or I could make the organizer work more and manually specify the exact score in terms of Player A.

... Or tournament organizers could take responsibility for learning the software they use. The manual and integrated tutorials are all very specific about this issue, and clearly state the requirement that you double click on the row of the winner in multiple locations.

I hope this doesn't sound mean, and I'm certainly not trying to stoke the fire or say anyone did a bad job... I just don't like to be blamed for something that isn't my fault :(.

OH, and today is my birthday, so no one can take offense to anything I just said. It's the law.

Cort

Apple Head
Peaches taste better than Mangos. :)

Good ****.

Forward, just use the tasty Peachy piesss MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
just to say, i did not get last place, also Hanki and Idaho did not get last place also, we 3 dropped outta the trouney cause we were too tired and didnt care to compete any more. reasons were; the tourney was poorly ran, time took way too long to start the singles and i only got 2hrs of sleep before goin to this.

Cort

Apple Head
johnny john mcjohn, johnning johns of johnnyness, 2 hours of johns, poor johns of johnily johnathans.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
john to john, john did not john john place, also johnki and johnho did not john john place also, we 3 johnned outta the jhon cause john john john john john john and didnt care to john any more. johns were; the john was poorly johnned, johns took way too long to make the johns and i only got 2hrs of johns before johnin to this.
How's it going, Cort?

EDIT: Holy crap just noticed the Wobbles/Taj singles mindgames, good **** guys.

Mango is wicked good, and Forward is the sunlight to end the darcness.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
how is that a ****in john, 3 of us did drop out, we got our money back, we didnt even ****in play. thats pissin me off man, callin that **** a john

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
just to say, i did not get last place, also Hanki and Idaho did not get last place also, we 3 dropped outta the trouney cause we were too tired and didnt care to compete any more. reasons were; the tourney was poorly ran, time took way too long to start the singles and i only got 2hrs of sleep before goin to this.
awww it's okay, but i mean, i did see you eating lunch at papa JOHNS.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I also saw him at a JOHNny Cash concert :O

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
This is where d4rk sh3ik goes to school.

http://www.jhu.edu/
wow i'll remember not to look at posts from most recent to least... cause... freaking johns hopkins is a really good school LOL

somebody respond to my post with something john related, because i'm clearly johning =(

and good **** to mango. and you too DEHF, i really hope i won't have to play you again =(

AXE 09

Smash Master
Happy birthday!

hmm...yeah brackets would be nice. Light at 9th? :(
i think Light should've gotten higher. i had to fight him for my 2nd to last match in brackets, and i somehow got extremely lucky and won (still can't figure out how i won). then i got beat by Lucky ='( darn that guy and his luckness lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i cant believe i tied with somebody who uses pikachu -_-;

*sigh* oh wellz

EDIT: i dont know how arizona takes jokes. it was a joke. calm down.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Talk about jokes. The biggest joke was you beating me on FD while I was Sheik, by three stocks!

Gimpyfish is jawesome. Nuff said...

Oh and congrats to everyone else who won money, you worked hard and deserve it and blah blah blah.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i cant believe i tied with somebody who uses pikachu -_-;

*sigh* oh wellz

EDIT: i dont know how arizona takes jokes. it was a joke. calm down.
someone who uses pikachu??? what's even more of a shock is that i tied with someone who uses BOWSER! wtf, bowser??? dude, i wanted to fight you with my pika so bad lol. i was pretty disappointed that i didn't... but man, just looking at the way you played, you looked hecka good. i've never seen some of the stuff you were doing before lol

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Talk about jokes. The biggest joke was you beating me on FD while I was Sheik, by three stocks!

Oh and congrats to everyone else who won money, you worked hard and deserve it and blah blah blah.
I remember playing you at SCC. I was teh black guy with the hood, *****. :lick:

AXE 09

Smash Master

were you talking about me or gimpyfish? lol goop's freakin awesome. when i went to his tourney, he actually gave us all free food... FREE FOOD! OMG! that's the first tourney i've been to where when they said there'd be free food, there actually was haha. thanks for that Goop, you're officially totally awesome

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
wow i'll remember not to look at posts from most recent to least... cause... freaking johns hopkins is a really good school LOL

somebody respond to my post with something john related, because i'm clearly johning =(

and good **** to mango. and you too DEHF, i really hope i won't have to play you again =(
come on Zhu why do you keep playing that? I wanna play you again

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I remember playing you at SCC. I was teh black guy with the hood, *****. :lick:
Are you talking about Goop? If so he didn't go to SCC.

Dam Axe our matches were too close, we need to play again sometime.

Also, are teams brackets and pools gonna be posted? I'd like to see those.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Are you talking about Goop? If so he didn't go to SCC.

Dam Axe our matches were too close, we need to play again sometime.

Also, are teams brackets and pools gonna be posted? I'd like to see those.
I think I got mixed up with a guy named, Doop. XD Sorry.

AXE 09

Smash Master
dang Light, those were some of the closest matches i've ever had. next time we meet up, i'm definately gonna try to play as many games with you as possible. you freakin own man, i can't play peach for my life lol.

DEHF!!! dude! you have a sick falco! man you're falco's insane. i noticed your falco when i first got there. you just finished playing Nicknyte, and i asked him "who is that guy? he's got a crazy looking falco" i played you after the backets were over, and it seemed like you and i were pretty equal in skill. heck you were prolly better than me. you even ranked higher than me in the brackets! you rock lol.

we even gotta play some games after the brackets were done (if you don't remember, i was the guy with about your skin color with a mini-fro, who played falco and pikachu). i really liked the way you played, and i thought you were the coolest guy i met from Socal. you're definately my favorite smasher from Socal so far

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
PLEASE get pools up :(
yeah man i'll try and do that for you tonight. i owe you for what happened in the seeding. but i don't know for sure cuase i'm not supposed to get on the compuer, my dog died yesterday then i got in a fight with my dad because i was so angry/sad about my dog, now i'm gruonded from the computer for today. so if not today, tomorrow it'll be up.

also, the tia is up. i'll post the link for that in a bit. it has the brackets on it for singles and doubles, and i'll work on pools tonight like i said earlier on here.

Top Bottom