• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Mount 8: Smash tournament July 14th - 15th

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
So my good buddy Josh AKA Darksyde (THIS IS NOT HIS REAL NAME DO NOT REFER TO HIM AS DARKSYDE) is bringing Smash into his Rocky Mount DDR tournament series. It will be madness.

This tournament will be held at Mini - Putt Indoor Golf & Games in Rocky Mount North Carolina.

Address:

1294 Independence Drive
Rocky Mount NC, 27801

12:00 pm - whenever we get kicked out for both days. (this is a good thing)

Divisions:

(seeding method pending)

Singles: Jul 14th (Saturday)

-Double elim.
-10$ entry fee.
-4 stock, 8 minutes
-2/3 matches a set. 3/5 for finals.
-No items

Teams: July 15th (Sunday)

-Team attack is on.
-Double elim.
-20$ entry fee
-4 stock, 8 minutes
-2/3 matches a set. 3/5 for finals.
-No items

Pausing is gay, don't fucking pause.

Stages:

I'm lazy, so I'm going to paste this image I found lurking earlier today.

Top half represents singles, bottom half represents teams.

Red
means banned
Yellow means counterpick
Green means neutral

Please note that this tourney is taking place along with a DDR, PIU, ITG, and SC2 tourney, this means there will be alot of stuff going on both days, we'll do our best to keep it under control. Also please note that this is our first Smash tourney, we've been doing DDR tournies for years and it follows the same format mostly, but suggestions and help is appreciated. Please do not complain, complaining wins you a complimentary **** slap.

As far as housing goes, I'll talk to Josh and some other people in the area who are planning on housing for DDR and whatnot... but I can't promise anything. So be ready to handle that.

BRING TVs AND CUBES/WIIs

3 months until this **** goes down, until then please give us suggestions. Like I said it's our first time doing this and we don't want this to be a flop.

AIM: Kris DF2K or dr0ps2zero

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ft4Ogih2vs lol

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
That's what's up.

This is kinda my deal and I would like to see a pretty decent turn out if at all possible, since we always have so much of a random showing from the Smash community at these events. We'll have the game room reserved and it should be sweet.

Also, Kory, what is up with your phone? haha

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Haha I was gonna bring my TV and smash to the DDR/ITG tourney anyways! I will deffinitly be there for this. Maybe when I start going to ECU in the fall we could have some campus tourneys there, anyways I will be there and will also get all the random people in Rocky Mount who don't post here to come. It's been a while since I played you Josh, hope you have gotten good!

Also, for whenever cory reads this, link sucks ;)

Elidibus

Smash Cadet
OMG, a tourney i can actually go to!

Yea, i'm really new to this kind of stuff and no one knows me , but i'll be there, if for nothing else than to increase the winnings of the person who wins overall :D Might be a good chance for me to learn too.

And i can donate a Cube :)

vZakat

Half Genie
There's a fairly good chance that I can go to this. I might need a ride, but I'll ask closer to the tourney. Is it possible to play in the ddr/itg tourney as well as in the smash tourney?

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
There's a fairly good chance that I can go to this. I might need a ride, but I'll ask closer to the tourney. Is it possible to play in the ddr/itg tourney as well as in the smash tourney?
Well, physically, yes it is possible for you play DDR/ITG during the tournament because the machines will be there.

However, there will also be tournaments being held on the DDR/ITG/Pump machines at the same time the Smash tournament is going on, so the only real way to get to play is to enter.

Trust me when I say this will be pandemonium, and I'll be running my *** off keeping stuff together. I'm going to try to give myself hope and not actually enter any of the tourneys because frankly there will be too many people/too much for me to keep track of to try it, which does suck because basically all I do is play Smash at ECU. haha

Regardless, the more love I can get from the Smash community the better, and I'll do my best to make this a memorable experience for everybody.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Word.

Best thing is that alot of good players live in Rocky Mount. There's no way they're missing this.

vZakat

Half Genie
I plan on entering both. I was just worried that with both tourneys happening at the same time that we could only enter one.

Trust me when I say this will be pandemonium.
Oh, I can handle pandemonium... Well not on expert, but on hard it's doable for me. :p

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I plan on entering both. I was just worried that with both tourneys happening at the same time that we could only enter one.

Oh, I can handle pandemonium... Well not on expert, but on hard it's doable for me. :p

ugh, I was hoping I could use the word on a non dance game forum without someone making that joke. -_-

Lenca

Smash Journeyman
yea i know...but its up to my brothah.. =( he does the driving....

umm..how far is rocky mount? ;) about the drive to charlotte?

Frozen

Smash Lord
Hmm....I'll think about bringing a car full of Bmore's again....can't be doing that **** too often, but once every few month NC tourney's could be fun.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Will do.

Remember, you guys got a long time think about it but please consider!

Lenca-I remember driving from Wilmington to RM for a lock-in. Was about a 3 hour drive, definitly closer than Charlotte.

Zakat-Ouch, just noticed that. I'll talk to Josh about possibly changing the dates, but with all of the other tournaments scheduled already it's probably set in stone. :(

Edit: Unfortunately Josh can't change the dates. Dance game players have already got their plane tickets.

Malk

Smash Champion
lolol I have a t-shirt from rocky mount DDR tourney years ago. I stole it from a guy who brought pizza to a party I was at. WTF small world huh?

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
daayyyummm

nukka dont play

ummm.. me and adams will be at this..

so if any west people need a ride.. say something

i have room for 2 more... maybe 3.. depends on if dollars black a$s goes or not

EDIT: post number 500

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
IMO, I see little reason for people even an hour away to go to this. Me, LoZR, TC, beanie, chocothunder, 59js, tloz, basically the whole lot goes there often enough. With so much going on, I fear us smashers will be stuck in the kiddie room, and for that many smashers to come will make it a tight fit.

Well, more rep-points to you if you make the drive. I'll try to grab the morning shift so I can work AND be there in time.;)

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Robert is the coolest arcade manager on the planet. He'll most likely let us hook more stations up outside the little room.

And yes, Dollar's black *** should go.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, should I add a crews division?

West NC vs. East NC? :O

Let the **** talking begin!

Top Bottom