• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RockValley: A big welcome to Brawl and a goodbye to Melee(New Venue)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
A tournament with out a date. This thread(for now) is to see you would come. It will be a 1v1 and 2v2 in Abington,PA(25 mins outside of Philly). If you need help finding it AIM me at Xzax1337. It will be a 1 day event to celebrate the history and the end of Melee and the beginning of Brawl!ATTENTION! everyone planing to come you WILL have to pay $15 to get it but that does give you a choice of some snacks and some drinks! And remember this tournament is not 100% happening. It will happen if we get enough support to back it up tho!!!!!

Venue: Abington Jr. High School, Abington PA
Date/Time: TBA(to be announced)

Cost: $5 1v1 and $10 per team
Rules: MLG rules and some additional rules

₪ BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS
₪ All events will be double elimination
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ Teams seeding will be random.
₪ Singles Will be random and Pools will be assigned to your regestration date EX: if there are 20 smashers at this tourny 1 v.s 20 2v.s19 3v.s18 ,ect.
₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick - both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
₪ Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - A player cannot counter pick a stage on which they have already won a match in a set.
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ Items will be turned OFF.
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
₪ Wobbling is banned.
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a store official/TSA member). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.
₪ Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, and Yoshi's Story.
₪ Counter pick Stages for Singles: Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Pokefloats, and DK64.
₪ Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, and Yoshi's Story.
₪ Counter pick Stages for Doubles: Termina Bay, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, and DK64.
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.
₪ The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
When leaving the venue, please let me know and if there is a way to contact you. If you do not give me any notice, and your match is being called, the Mages DQ Rule will come into effect.

People Attending so far:
Xzax
Grace Kim
2die
SG95
X(Eddie)
Coldkillr1000
ShadeHuntr
Vex Kasrani
Michael Ehmann
David Ha
Robby Boggs
pikachun00b7

Maybe:
Cactuar
Burnzy
Colin
DB(dylan)
Meads
Coldkillr's Friends
GOTM
Scar
Sensei
Musicizlife(Chris)
Velocity
Mew2King
ChiboSempai
I_spy
hyrulean21(needs ride!)
dmbrandon
Teczero

T.V's
Xzax-2
Cubes/Wii's
Xzax-2
Copies of Smash
Xzax-2
Recording Set-Ups
Xzax-1

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for the tournament whenever it is. It's close by and I'll bring some people to try and get the pot juiced.

I might be down for some MM's, anyone?

Btw Cactuar, that hoodie that you had at NEC that was a huge X over Cactus, Can I use that for luck or are you selling those?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
kk thats what i am REALY aiming for and would anyone want to help me pay for the rent cost? lol and People if you have a T.V Cube/Wii, or a copy of smash please post it here! We need the stuff!

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
depending on the date you can probably count on me
ill bring my cube and disk if i come

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
****, its kinda hard to read the red text.

but yeah, sry thats basically going to philly which is kinda mad far from both of my homes.(yes I have two houses because I got it like that XD )

If you have anything in the summer I may come down, if I have the money like I did last year to goto velocities house.

Velocity

Smash Lord
Um I'll go to this considering I could walk to it, as long as it doesn't conflict with any other tourneys.

Edit1: lol you can't pluralize my name swift when talking about possession.

Edit2: Scar add above to your grammar corner you loser

GOTM

Smash Champion
so xzax how is this looking?? i'm kinda gonna be looking for something to do when i come back up here during break for co-op =/

I_spy001

Smash Rookie

- too bad im all the way out in NYC. Im pretty sure that i can go all the way out to PA for that. i really wanted to be there too

GOTM

Smash Champion
i have to help my friend move in the 29th :(

if thats the date though i might be able to make it possibly for singles

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
You have my support. I' trying to go to as many tournaments a possible from now on.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
No, really, I wouldn't be able to make it. If it's not in the next few weeks, where I'm busy anyway, I'll be at college which means no more tournaments for me.

Cort

Apple Head
You should post some solid details if you actually want people to consider going. It's not a very professional thing to do on a tourny director's part.

This thread is just basically spam otherwise.

Top Bottom