• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazin' Kyubi - Best Fox vid since "Shined Blind" maybe? O_o

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Lol anyways yeah after makin my tech video I thought I would show what my tech looks like under pressure so what you get is my combo vid plus I've always wanted to make one ever since watching "Shined Blind" for the first time.

About the video - I have like 20 dvds worth of footy from a bunch of matches and what not but I don't think they had too much stuff on them so I took what I thought was some of the cool moments and put them in the video and this is what you get so hopefully you'll enjoy it and maybe this'll be one of those good videos that people enjoy watching lol.

Youtube

FileFront

The song is called "good morning" by tefnek. You can download the song here.

So yeah please watch and I hope you enjoy watching it because I really enjoyed making this.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Thanks for the comment guys, keep 'em comin.

On a side note: I noticed after watchin the video on youtube that it's off sync a little bit. That was one of the things I made sure of when makin the video was to sync all my footy to the music, gah lol.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
If the melee boards weren't completely dead then there'd probably be some general ridiculing of comparing your combo video to shined blind >.>

Because shined blind isn't a very good video. It's just a video that's so completely different from what casual smashers are used to that newbies overhype it.

Basically, this video is a lot better than shined blind.

That aside, some creative and entertaining fox stuff. It's a good video.

EDIT: Non-basic transition effects really detract from combo videos, though >.>

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I don't know I still think Shined Blind is a good video, that's just me though I guess lol. And yeah after watchin it, I did feel like all the crazy transitions were unnecessary. Again thanks for the comments =).

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
best cvid starring fox. thx for this vid. i liked it very much. i have to copy some things of your playstyle ;)

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
xD Lol yeah you're right but this way people will recognize Shined Blind and just come to the thread. Thanks for the comments peeps. I just noticed though that youtube totally messed up my video during the upload process or somethin. I have like an almost perfect sync with the music but it doesn't work out that way on youtube but it should on the downloadable version though, hmm still weird though.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
If the melee boards weren't completely dead then there'd probably be some general ridiculing of comparing your combo video to shined blind >.>

Because shined blind isn't a very good video. It's just a video that's so completely different from what casual smashers are used to that newbies overhype it.

Basically, this video is a lot better than shined blind.

That aside, some creative and entertaining fox stuff. It's a good video.

EDIT: Non-basic transition effects really detract from combo videos, though >.>
thats true shined blind did suck, but DBR evolution zelgadis was much better. its my favorite fox combo video ever.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm sorry but to me your fox isn't really that technical and ive seen that in the combo vid and some of your matches. You had a few good combos in there but most of the best ones were from horrible DI. And if you make a combo vid you should never put a Drill Waveshine Up Smash in there just by itself.
Sorry to sound like im being cocky but my fox is way more technical then yours lol.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but to me your fox isn't really that technical and ive seen that in the combo vid and some of your matches. You had a few good combos in there but most of the best ones were from horrible DI. And if you make a combo vid you should never put a Drill Waveshine Up Smash in there just by itself.
Sorry to sound like im being cocky but my fox is way more technical then yours lol.
Meh, overall I highly doubt that. You should tech out my tech video, that's without pressure and I can freely just do stuff. I still have yet to fully incorporate my technical game into my actual playing against other people. Combos on bad DI is all part of a combo video, you take your good stuff and put music to it lol. I would gladly like to see a video of you though if you're more technical than I am because it'll only make me want to work on my technical game more. But yeah thanks for the response a truthful critique is better than no critique at all lol.

Samochan

Smash Master
Silent wolf is more technical than you. Therefore, he > you automatically, that's what you're saying right? <_< Or maybe what you're trying to say is that being fast and technical is all what fox is, therefore you > masashi? I think not.

If you don't like to sound cocky on forums, don't act like one. Combo videos are for entertainment value, not something you can gauge skill from. Bad di is always gonna happen at some point, but then it's up to the comboer to make the best of it.

Critique is all good, but when you get a bit technical with some character on melee don't let it rise to your head. Just a friendly advice.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
..Samochan, i LOVE you Sonic sig lol. BlackPanther, i thought you were pretty good! The reason people are replying the way they are is because, your too cocky oops sorry :), but other than that I liked it. im sleepy

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Lol how was I bein cocky, the only cocky person I saw so far was the Professor Pro guy. I only made the title so people would come to the thread and view it, that's all =P.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Meh, overall I highly doubt that. You should tech out my tech video, that's without pressure and I can freely just do stuff. I still have yet to fully incorporate my technical game into my actual playing against other people. Combos on bad DI is all part of a combo video, you take your good stuff and put music to it lol. I would gladly like to see a video of you though if you're more technical than I am because it'll only make me want to work on my technical game more. But yeah thanks for the response a truthful critique is better than no critique at all lol.
I shall get my friend to release some vids soon then I will tell you when they are up. I watched your Fox boxing i think it was called, you are technical i must admit but I think your just not more technical then me. Combo vids are for combos not just showing how you took advantage of your opponent bad DI. It looks more impressive if the had decent/good DI and they still got off the combo but seriously in combo vids you shouldnt put in simple things like Drill waveshine up smash. Your fox is good though I was just being cocky before lol.

Silent wolf is more technical than you. Therefore, he > you automatically, that's what you're saying right? <_< Or maybe what you're trying to say is that being fast and technical is all what fox is, therefore you > masashi? I think not.
LOOOOL you chat some ****. If you were smart you would realise that I wasn't saying he is crap because my fox is more technical then his, I was saying he wasn't technical. I just felt like dropping in that comment at the end because I feel i am more technical then him and because im a nice and cocky person. I luv you samochan.

If you don't like to sound cocky on forums, don't act like one. Combo videos are for entertainment value, not something you can gauge skill from. Bad di is always gonna happen at some point, but then it's up to the comboer to make the best of it.
I didn't say I dont like to sound cocky lol. I just apologized just incase it offeneded him. Bad DI is in almost every combo i agree but would you or would you not be unimpressed if this was to be in there repetitively. Like in worst case scenario (even no this would never happen lol) A fox chain throwing another fox and the fox not DI'ing.
..Samochan, i LOVE you Sonic sig lol. BlackPanther, i thought you were pretty good! The reason people are replying the way they are is because, your too cocky, but other than that I liked it.
lol To be fair that comment is not true.

Shined Blind?

havent u heard what Chillin said about that video?
That was hilarious loool. He was saying that all of Zelgadis combos in his combo vid the players are DI'ing towards so he was basically saying it was a fake in a way.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol how was I bein cocky, the only cocky person I saw so far was the Professor Pro guy. I only made the title so people would come to the thread and view it, that's all =P.
BlackPanther has been pretty modest about himself from what I've seen and I definitely respect that. People use eye-catching thread names all the time to attract viewers. PP, coming and telling him that you are more technical doesn't really accomplish anything. It was cool of you to admit to being cocky and... not really apologize... but something? :psycho:

Thumbs up for both of you.

My tech skill is based in fluidity and speed, not flashiness, so I love watching people do this kind of stuff.

---------------------------------------------

Seriously though, I really liked the vid. Music choice was fitting and the material was solid regardless of how situational. Combo vids don't have to only have material against perfect DI and top level opponents. It is always interesting to see how people take advantage of another's mistakes (DI, spacing, recovery).

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Fun stuff. Nice shine to bairs, though the only time they happened was from a uthrow. Since you didn't turnaround, you could've just baired. It wouldn't have looked as cool, bu there's no chance of messing up. The only time i've seen them needed is when you need to hit them to keep the combo going and need to use the shine to turnaround for the bair.

I did like the waveshine and nair to reverse utilt. I haven't seen that before, most of the time it's drill to reverse utilt.

and really, if the guy thought you were cocky by saying you were better than zelgadis, he's an idiot, because it's not hard to be better than zel. I can beat zel. and in this case i'm not just BSing, I smash regualarly with voodoo, who has three stocked zel. Whereas I can beat voodoo. Everything in shined blind was just standard fox stuff except for a few stupid things. He basically just shined someone twice and called it a combo. and then he did a wall infinite with drills. How....boring. Your stuff is mostly original, and you look like you know what you're doing. Kudos to you.

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
nice nice! i didnt watch the whole thing cause i kept having to do something, but i saw a lot of variety! i must say that it is a good thing my friend didnt see this video, because he tends to copy everyone else's style, instead of playing his own. if he got a hold of your style, then my y.link would have a hard time ^_^

lol'ed at 3:52:laugh:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dang, I thought this would suck cause of the title but it was really good. Actual inventive combos there unlike some other Fox vids that came out.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Dang, I thought this would suck cause of the title but it was really good. Actual inventive combos there unlike some other Fox vids that came out.
And that's why my friend you never judge a book by it's cover or in this case judge a topic by it's title =). Thank you for watching and thank you everyone for the comments I greatly appreciate them all, keep em comin! ^_^

Top Bottom