• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash City V - Elmsford, NY - 7/8/07 (LAST ONE FOR AWHILE) Read 1st post!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We will now feature low-tier singles ($5) and "random character" doubles (free) in addition to singles!

The Gaming Theater at Sportime USA, Elmsford , NY 10523

Time: 2 PM, but be there at 1 PM to warm up
Entry fee: $20

Rules:

a)Controllers
-You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (Paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Controllers are open to inspection at any time.
You may use third party controllers but you may not use extra peripherals that come with them such as turbo and programmable buttons.
-BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK
b)Generic Gameplay
-No items
-4 stock 8 minute matches
-Ties are broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death is only played out if both stock and percentage for each player is identical. (can also play it out for fun )
c)Open Pools: Seeding
-4-player FFAs on Hyrule with items ON if the players want (This is both hilarious and effective)
-1st place entrants go on to a second match with other 1st place entrants, and so do 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place entrants respectively.
d)Stage and Character Selection
-Banned Stages
-Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Jungle Japes, and Onett.
-Random Stages
-Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, and Pokemon Stadium.
-Counterpicks
-All random stages, Green Greens, Corneria, Mute City, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Peach's Castle, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes
-Stage selection rules are open to change based on popular opinion
-No stage may be used twice in a best of 3 or best of 5 series.
-Each player is allowed to redo the opening random stage pick once. This must be done before any damage has occurred.
-Pause is on to allow for this, any abuse of pause will, at discretion of host or judges, result in forfeit of match
-Each player is allowed one non-random stage strike. Lower seeded player must use his first.
-A player may call for a double-blind pick for first match in a series. Host will act as judge and players must use the double-blind pick they stated to the judge.
All series are best out of 3, winners final out of 5, losers final out of 5, and championship finals are 2 sets of 5, if losers bracket winner wins first set.
e)Glitch Plays
-No IC freeze glitch or Mewtwo Soul Stunner (though if someone actually managed to pull off the latter in a match that person must be pretty godly >_>)
-Tactics such as Peach's wall bombing and Jiggly puffs rising pound are allowed for stage maneuvering and recovering. Excessive use to stall a match results in forfeit.

PLEASE BRING GAMECUBES AND SSBM DISCS!
There is also one extra Gamecube without a SSBM disc for it, so if you don't want to bring a Gamecube at least bring a copy of SSBM!

New Smash City IV was a huge success with 17 people showing up including PC Chris and Forward, as well as all the regulars. Hopefully this one can be both bigger and better!
Also, here's the previous bracket/results: http://tia.nealpro.com/tournament.aspx?id=179

Participants:
--------------
Nintendude1189 + setup + tapes
XBar
The Bino
LIBF?
Phish-it
Ky?
Sol?
Adi
Saje
Reject
KaoTiKTeKno
Tetra?
Kip?
PC Chris?
Bailey + setup
The Famous SK + 2 friends
Rubar?
Mood4Food77 + disc / VCR
gkrackerr + setup
SLH
---------
22 possible + random scrubs who show up yet don't know about L-canceling

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Anyone who wants to come but has just been lurking (like sol, ky, phish I'm assuming) please make a post saying so. When people see lots of people say they are coming it encourages them to go, and then when those other people say they are coming it can attract even more people.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Reject is a funny guy, just read his post lol made me laugh lol

Since this is after Zenith i think this might be my last tournament lol, but Zenith is my last big tournament, unless Dragon's Den accepts tournaments there and than idk what ill do lol... but im just gonna chill til Brawl comes out and see from there

The Bino

Smash Lord
There isn't any grudge or rivalry, it has nothing to do with smash itself, its your personality that i don't like, you made a rivalry outta nothing.... I never said anything or the sort of you being my rival or anything along those lines, and im not gonna flame you or anything in any threads, im just gonna put it plain and simple we have our diffences and we don't see eye to eye, that's why we argue on the boards so much

The Bino

Smash Lord
So this is officially my last tournament i can possibly hit up, i want a massive amount of friendlies with everyone, since i won't be going to anymore tourney's til Brawl drops and that ain't happening til like November or so, so this should be the last time i hit up a tournament so im gonna try my hardest to hit this up

Nintendude

Smash Hero
How come this is your last tourney? Well, regardless, there's plenty of time for friendlies. Since this is a small tournament it only takes a couple hours to finish, and you can stay for hours after the tournament for friendlies.

KaoTiKTeKno

Smash Rookie
Ok...so I'm going to try to make it.

And by try...I mean...not chicken out. This would be my first tourney, and...well...I know I'll suck.

...but I also know I need to start somewhere. Haha.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ok...so I'm going to try to make it.

And by try...I mean...not chicken out. This would be my first tourney, and...well...I know I'll suck.

...but I also know I need to start somewhere. Haha.
Don't worry about sucking. Like you said, you have to start somewhere, and a smaller tournament like this is a good place to start.

KaoTiKTeKno

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the encouragement. :)

I honestly don't care how much I suck...haha. If I pick up a few things and network (I don't know anybody other than my roommate who plays), then I'll be happy.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I was talking to MJ today and he said that this will be the last Elmsford tournament for awhile. Soon after this he's closing the venue to open up the new one which is right down the block. However, that's going to take a lot of time. So, lets make this one the best yet!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If we held free low-tier after singles who would stay for it? I need to know now because if it's going to be iffy it won't happen.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea Kip gave the idea at NYST 3 he said random characters in doubles. Each player selects a random character you have one reset and you can switch characters with your team partner. So what about it Phish-it?? we are 1-0

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yea Kip gave the idea at NYST 3 he said random characters in doubles. Each player selects a random character you have one reset and you can switch characters with your team partner. So what about it Phish-it?? we are 1-0
Murt 4 Gov.

Nintendude we could probably hold both this and low tier singles, since these tournaments are through pretty quick anyway.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'll run that by MJ and see what he says. It's also his birthday so he said he just wants to have a fun day and do whatever, so I think he'll be okay with it. If we have both low tier singles and random character doubles do you want an entry fee for each one or just have it for fun? My preference would be like $5 for low-tier singles and free random character doubles since that's just for fun anyway.

Phish, want to team for random char doubles if it is held?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
maybe for mood

what is this, 2 tournaments in a month for mood...something must be going on

random cahracter doubles for free, cause we all know what can really happen with that, i'll stay for both, no problem...sounds like fun

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm also leaning towards random char doubles being free. It's too random to have money involved and the goal if it is to have fun, not make a measly $5 by getting lucky.

Who's bringing Gamecubes/SSBMs? The venue has 3 so we can have 4 more. There won't be chairs for every station but chairless stations will be used just for friendlies, so you can friendly even when the tournament is going on.

PLEASE, SOMEONE WHO DOESNT WANT TO BRING A GAMECUBE AT LEAST BRING A DISC. The venue has one Gamecube without a disc. Last time that went unused since nobody wanted to bring a disc, which was unfortunate considering how little effort that takes. Please, someone just do it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if i can go, i'll bring a copy of smash

if i go to this one...this will probably be the last of the summer, until most likely when bailey holds another NYST

Nintendude

Smash Hero
MJ approves of the side events. So, now we will have low-tier singles and random character doubles! I think low-tier singles is $5 and random character doubles is free.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If it's free there's no prize. If we charged a small entry fee then you'd make just a few dollars at most anyway since the manager still wants half the pot.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
That's asking too much. We should just be grateful that he's letting us hold these events. When tournaments are in progress he locks out all of his normal customers, and now he's going to have to turn them down pretty much the entire day until late in the evening when there's nobody there anyway.

Top Bottom