• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm coming for sure, we might get there a little late because yaz has a soccer game that'll end around 12:00 but, we will be coming. I am bringing 5-6 people with me. (Yaz, D Ryu, X, Wangston, Me, and possibly bobo)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'm coming for sure, we might get there a little late because yaz has a soccer game that'll end around 12:00 but, we will be coming. I am bringing 5-6 people with me. (Yaz, D Ryu, X, Wangston, Me, and possibly bobo)
Do all of those people plan on doing teams, and who are their teammates?

wangston

Smash Lord
I will do teams if I can get a teammate. As of right now I have none. I will gladly team up with anyone because I don't want to sit around and wait for singles.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Metal Awesome 6 Results

Metal Awesome 6 Results

Brawl 1v1:

1: Dai-A
2: KenNeth
3: Yamer (DQ)
4: DarkRyu
5: X
5: Lada
7: Yaz
7: CorruptFate
9: Staz
9: Rade
9: WaffleCan
9: Minato
13: Laozy
13: Marc
13: Rhokk
13: Kocoh
17: Jellyfishn
17: Desmond
17: Pookie
17: Gal
17: Skyler
17: Masamune

Brawl 2v2:

1: X + Yamer
2: Yaz + Kenny
3: Dai-A + Gojira
4: Staz + PC
5: DRyu + Lada
5: Rade + Waffle
7: Marc + Skyler
7: Khom + Phil
9: Desmond + Jellyfishn
9: Rhokk + Kocoh

SF: 3rd Strike:

1: Minato (2 pts)
1: X (2 pts)
3: CdBobo (1 pts)
3: DarkRyu (1 pts)
3: FoxTheStampede (1 pts)
3: Gojira (1 pts)
3: Rade (1 pts)
3: Phil (1 pts)
3: Rhokk (1 pts)
3: Yamer (1 pts)
11: Masamune (0 pts)
11: WaffleCan (0 pts)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Metal Awesome 7 Results

Metal Awesome 7 Results

Brawl 1v1:

1: KenNeth
2: X
3: Yaz
4: DarkRyu
5: C!Z
5: Wangston
7: Minato
7: Sada
9: UyPower
9: DRGN
9: Eilie
9: Rade
13: Crea
13: Donut

Brawl 2v2:

1: Kenny + Yaz
2: BagOfBurritos (Rade + Waffle)
3: X + DarkRyu
4: Wangston + Gojira
5: Choppa (Sada's team)

Melee 1v1:

not done yet because of david <_<

SF: 3rd Strike:

1: Minato (6 pts)
2: CdBobo (4 pts)
2: FoxTheStampede (4 pts)
4: DarkRyu (2 pts)
4: Masamune (2 pts)
6: Gojira (0 pts)
6: X (DQ) (0 pts)
6: Rade (DQ) (0 pts)

wangston

Smash Lord
FTS I left my jacket at your house downstairs in the hallway. It's a navy blue with mega man on it. I guess I will just pick it up next month unless it wouldn't be to much trouble to bring it to the Fate tourney at the Draper PnT on saturday. But it is brawl tournament so I doubt you will be going to that, if it's to much of a hassle to drop it off that would be great but if not thats fine I will just get it next month.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Melee 1v1:

not done yet because of david <_<
My bad FTS :( but my ride had to go so i had to go too.
But this one will be easy to make up. whos all left in the tournament?
Oh and for the date of the MA on october.
I say Halloween :) and lets dress up as our characters of smash and go trick or treating after the tournament!:laugh:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've been uploading a set to youtube since 10:00 last night and they still haven't finished.. (Probably wasn't the smartest idea to try and upload four at once lol.) Plus, youtube is blocked on BYU campus so I would only be able to upload them on the rare occasion when I come to visit my house. So what I'm thinking we could do is whoever wants their matches uploaded can just tell me and then I can send them the files and they can upload it to youtube themselves, and then post the link here when they get it up. I think that would be much more efficient in getting videos uploaded than me trying to do them all on my own.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I say Halloween :) and lets dress up as our characters of smash and go trick or treating after the tournament!:laugh:
David in a chicken-suit...I would love to see that! :chuckle:
And Layne, you should have stayed a bit longer. We had a blast doing THIS for 2 hours, non-stop. (FTS called it "Falcon Musical" -- a very fitting name.)

PS: It seems we should have done three sets of three, not two sets of three. I've always thought something was fishy, as the third part also sounded quite similar.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I've been uploading a set to youtube since 10:00 last night and they still haven't finished.. (Probably wasn't the smartest idea to try and upload four at once lol.) Plus, youtube is blocked on BYU campus so I would only be able to upload them on the rare occasion when I come to visit my house. So what I'm thinking we could do is whoever wants their matches uploaded can just tell me and then I can send them the files and they can upload it to youtube themselves, and then post the link here when they get it up. I think that would be much more efficient in getting videos uploaded than me trying to do them all on my own.
Nice! haha send me the files then kenny:)

Oh and yeah I do sleep. Lol I just forget to turn off the computer.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey does anybody know what is the best fle type to save these matches as? I just realized that I've been uing AVI and AVI files are like over ten times larger than all the other types I could save them as.

The options I have are AVI, DivX, Ipod compatible, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Real Media, PSP compatible, and Windows Media.

And about those matches I was uploading all night, it turns out that 3 of the 4 were too large to even be uploaded to youtube. It's gay that it doesn't tell you that it's too large to upload before you wait for over 12 hours for it to upload.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The AVI files are too long to send in an email too. I need to know which file type is smallest, but still retains good enough quality. I can start sending them to people as soon as I find that out.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
How do you reduce the quality? There was an option to change the quality before I started recording, but I don't see any way to switch the quality now.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
You have to actually compress raw video kenny >_>.

Try using any compression codec. DivX is pretty standard but there are some better ones out there. AVI is by far the best; you aren't forced to use a specific (and inferior) codec with it.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I did compress them... They're still too big. Maybe I'm not compressing them right or something. The videos were taken on the highest quality so, for example, In AVI it was 1.34 GB for one of them and compressed it was 1.13 GB. Then the same video in MPEG is only 48.5 MB and still good enough quality to watch full screen.

But if there is a better way to do it then I'd rather do that. I just don't know how. I've never really done anything with videos before..

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Download VirtualDub. It helps tons with simple video stuff. Then find and download a codec (you can start with divx), then install it. Open the video up in vdub, then set the video compression settings to your codec, same for audio, then save as avi. Don't forget to mess with your codec's settings if it has any. Like junpei said, 700's kbps is good enough, probably even overkill for not-particularly-amazing matches.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Really bummed that I couldn't get out to the tourny, trying my best to get out to the next one though.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just wondering...
Did anyone post MA7's tourney results on Ankoku's character ranking thread yet?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I think it would be easier if you just put a link to your youtube account somewhere in your sig instead of posting every time. Just a suggestion...

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah Ken, you're missing something, AVIs should be very small. Even if you save it out as an AVI, you might not be pushing through any type of compression. I use avidemux and it does a pretty sweet job.

I set video to "MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid4)" and resize ("Filters" -> "Transform" -> "resize" -> width:320, height:240
audio to "MP3 (LAME)"
-- click for screenshot --
-- click for screenshot --

For a 4min20sec video I have 42.6mb file. Keep in mind, that is still HUGE, but YouTube will automatically re-author your movies anyway, so as long as your under the filesize and length requirements it doesn't matter.

@PC:
Wow... looks like I did miss out. The party died quick, and only Melee was going on, so I though "meh...".

@FtS
Pretty sure I left my hat out there. The green 'artsy-fartsy' hat, griffin on it. Yeah... :/

___X___

Smash Lord
i have a kid at my school named cody TITCUM....

funnyest last name i have ever heard.

yeahh just thought i might throw that out....

Top Bottom