• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overswarm vs. Vidjo analysis

Sudai

Stuff here
JCaez is probably the most useful poster on the ROB forums.
This

wewt !

Edit: JCaez for SBR!
And this.

And this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 3, Fight 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1kU3_Vqm5s

@0:13 FAir over the opponent is silly. Don't do it.

@0:36 FTilt out of shield is usually best in this situation. Grab has less range, FTilt has the chance to clank with a DSmash, and pushes him away and towards the water.

@1:44 The only thing I can assume you were doing here was waiting to hear clacking so you could throw him with a lack of DI, but regardless of if that's what you were doing or not, grab jabs ftw. Each grab goes into the move decay list and you get more damage. Fresher moves + more damage = good ****.

@3:18 I think glide-tossing the gyro toward MK would have been a better option. The biggest benifit of glide-tossing at him at this point is that, yes, the gyro goes over MK's head, but if MK jumps, gyro hits, free FSmash. If MK doesn't jump, just DSmash like you did. Yes what you did works, but there was just a better option.

3:40-43 I liked it. Just above his Up-B range and could easily move if he tried to jump up so he could up-b. Only thing is, you were just kind of stalling, and you were behind. Stalling is bad when you're behind. : (

4:45-47 Try FSmashing after people fall off a platform from your USmash. FSmash is fast and will hit people out of the tumble animation or a flubbed tech while a grab won't.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I was going to comment on another one of these matches but I don't know if my first analysis was of any help. I don't want to be wasting time.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's not a waste of time Ruuku, every little bit helps :) Do it for the good of the entire ROB community. That's what I tell myself when I need motivation to look through a big pile of ROB vids for the video thread.

Anyway Overswarm, this is a pretty time-consuming process, so I think we should start with the most important matchups. MK was obviously #1, but for the next matchups to be analyzed I'd say Snake, DDD, or Falco. There aren't really any good Snake sets up (just single matches here and there), and the Falco vids are pretty old, but I think it would be worth looking at your latest vids vs Joshu's or Chewwy's DDD.

chckn

Smash Ace
Good **** OS. Problem I have vs MKs is cping. Norfair and Lylat don't seem tho have the same advantages b/c of Mk's recovery so I usually go Frigate. Suggestions?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Stages like Delphino and Halberd also help, since they allow you to use your u-air more liberally and leave him unable to up+b gimp you against the stage; this means you can edgeguard better.

chckn

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Stages like Delphino and Halberd also help, since they allow you to use your u-air more liberally and leave him unable to up+b gimp you against the stage; this means you can edgeguard better.
lol yoshi's is always banned, and thanks Ill start going delphino.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Chckn's from Florida, what do you expect? A while ago I remember he linked to a tourney in his area where counterpicking wasn't allowed :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i clicked a random match (4th match winners finals) cause i didnt have much time to watch some vids now

vidjos tough, iv lost to him in tourney also lol (smashtastrophe 2)

it seems like the biggest problem you have is you just dont know the matchup that well. keep more space between you and a metaknight, and don't get caught by tornados. gyros (as long as theyr charged a bit) and lasers will go right through him and stop him. a perfectly spaced nair also slams a tornado.

its really tough to say what's wrong, its just that when i watch the matches, as amazing as a ROB u are, i dont think ur style fits meta knights. i personally got amazing at fighting meta knights after practicing with mew2king for a long time, and i wouldnt be surprised if thats how vidjo learned a lot of MK after m2k stayed at his house for a week after smashtastrophe 2. i noticed a lot of similar things they do.

also now that i remember, ur off stage game wasnt good at all verses him. a MK down air can go through almost anything ROB has to offer if the MK can time it well. not many can (and when they cant a uair goes does wonders), but in ur case fighting vidjo, stay away and recover safely. rely on far spaced aerials, grabs, make MK scared to use his tornado, run away from his over B, and space ur ftilts perfectly and ul have a much better time

Overswarm

is laughing at you
>_>

Most of the posts in this thread have mostly good information, but Chibo... most of the stuff you have posted is bad advice or just plain falsities :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
maybe i shoulda watched more of the matches lol

edit: actually, what did i say that was false? ok i shouldnt have said that im amazing at fighting meta knights lol, but i dont mind the matchup with the practice i have. everything else iv said is right as far as i kno
im uploading the set of me vs korn (cant remember if hes VA or NC, knacker and them kno him, hes from their area). I demonstrate a lot of the stuff i was talking about, getting around the tornado, and a differ off stage game

il link here when its done

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Love your second life on the first game, Chibo.

Edit: Also, I heavily second a series of these for the important match-ups. This thread's helped me out a lot with my MK game, especially dealing with their air game. If we could do one of these for each of the important match-ups.... *happiness*

Ones I nominate: Wario, DDD, Gaymanwatch, and Falco. Secondarily Marth and Zelda, but those are more personal (my friends) than for the good of the robot collective, and thus not as important.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
il have to find or record another falco match then, idk why but it seems a lot of robs have trouble with falco. its a pretty easy match IMO

marth is too easy for rob, DDD gaw and zelda are tough lol

glad ya liked the vid

Top Bottom