• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Mafia (Ruined)

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Vote count #1

Natirasha :7 (Natirasha, Flipstar, Mr.Lombardi, handorin, Marshigio, Tom, McCloud)
Camo-man: 2 (lance87, Blazer)
Mccloud: 1(Vudore)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Could you include who is voting for who?

vudore

Smash Rookie
Playing for fun is much more fun. lolol mafia is serious buiznes
As serious as Smash Bros. ;)

If that was indeed sarcasm, then the comment wasn't so bad. If it's just you hastily covering up, then it becomes worse. I'll go with the former, since we're early in on things.

But seriously, McCloud should hang.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, it was sarcasm. Cant you see how redundant and contradicting the statement is?

The only thing I guess Im serious about right now is this not turning into a hellhouse mafia day 1. 45+ pages (40 post count) of discussion for one day wasnt really fun.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am really tempted to vote on Nat right now due to his terrible playstyle that he posted earlier but I just don't know if I really want to go through with it just yet. It could really hurt the town if we let him live but if we lynch him and it turns out he's a townie then we'll have one less member. Dammit Nat, why did you even use that plan or mention it to us? It sucks and you're only helping the mafia. I kinda want to wait and see if anything else should happen before the day is over before I place my vote. Btw Vudore, I do think that McCloud was just being sarcastic in his post.

vudore

Smash Rookie
I am really tempted to vote on Nat right now due to his terrible playstyle that he posted earlier but I just don't know if I really want to go through with it just yet. It could really hurt the town if we let him live but if we lynch him and it turns out he's a townie then we'll have one less member. Dammit Nat, why did you even use that plan or mention it to us? It sucks and you're only helping the mafia. I kinda want to wait and see if anything else should happen before the day is over before I place my vote. Btw Vudore, I do think that McCloud was just being sarcastic in his post.
I was never questioning whether McCloud was being sarcastic - that was directed toward Mr. Lombardi. I'm voting McCloud because of the way he approached the wagon and latched on another vote.

New playstyle over here that I'm getting a feel for; all in good time, I just warn you that my sarcasm detector is busted when I scroll my way through games - may try to change that around here. ;)

spam_master

Smash Rookie
lolololololollolololollololololololollolololollolllolololollol.

This is better than any tv show I could ever watch

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I feel no need to defend myself; I mean if the guy wants to get votes, then I'll give him a vote.

"Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me. I'm not sleepy, and there is no place I'm going to.

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me. In the jingle jangle mornin', I'll come following you."

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I am really tempted to vote on Nat right now due to his terrible playstyle that he posted earlier but I just don't know if I really want to go through with it just yet.
I could see #4 as being a problem, but there always seems to be at least one person suspicious. With that said, the only one I have a real problem with is #3, but there are plenty of mafia players who prefer to play a certain way despite their role, nat is just one of the few to openly admit it. #1 isn't important and #2 kinda defeats itself. He's lurking, but we all know it. At any point in the day we could force him to speak with votes.

It could really hurt the town if we let him live
How? Unless you're open to things that the rest of us aren't, I see no reason to believe that Nat can actually do anything. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just talk.

Dammit Nat, why did you even use that plan or mention it to us? It sucks and you're only helping the mafia.
His post was probably confusing on purpose, I think too many people are letting it get to them.

"Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me. I'm not sleepy, and there is no place I'm going to.

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me. In the jingle jangle mornin', I'll come following you."
More like Shiny Happy Vote-Trigger People.

Unvote: Natirasha

At this point, everyone who voted for him after Eor's post, worries me more.

smashman90

Smash Lord
True, it looks like his ******** plan is about to backfire on him. And after enough thinking, I have decided to vote on him for posting a very lame plan that is hurtful to the town and benefits only the mafia. I would just like to say that nobody else should vote on him yet until he posts something in his defense. Seriously Nat, what is the reasoning behind this plan of yours?

Unvote: Spam Master
Vote: _Natirasha

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
It's because day 1 never matters.

Also, spam master, I assume there will be clever and humorous storylines that coincide with the actions of characters as the story progresses? I've never been in an online mafia game, but the real life ones usually have goofy stories...

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
True, it looks like his ******** plan is about to backfire on him. And after enough thinking, I have decided to vote on him for posting a very lame plan that is hurtful to the town and benefits only the mafia. I would just like to say that nobody else should vote on him yet until he posts something in his defense. Seriously Nat, what is the reasoning behind this plan of yours?

I'm starting to think he wants us to vote for him. And that was not sarcasm.

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie

The reasoning behind my plan is best described in this game. In short: I don't have much reasoning. It's really my love of theatrics and getting reactions out of people.

Anyways, Spam_Master sent me a mean PM saying I better play better or he'll replace me because he needs my role to keep living or the game is screwed, so you might incur the mod's wrath if you continue this tirade against me.

unvote, by the way.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yeah, total crap. Spam has already said that no role was that important, nor would he PM you that.

I wasn't for voting for you because I thought you were just being dumb, but now your being even worse.

No one can make a game where one role decides everything

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I should clarify: I am not positive _Nat is mafia. But it appears that he is obviously going to be working against us anyways, and so I see no problem is going for him. Plus, we always lynch townies day 1, so we might as well decide which one to lynch. If we're lucky, _Nat is just a terrible mafia/independent player.

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
I'm going to die, anyways, so um...here.

Spam_Master said:
Dude stop sucking, if you die first day it ****s up my whole plan. But, if you don't wanna play or whatever just tell me and i can replace you.
I sent back.
Me said:
If you need a player to live, then you either make them unkillable, or you make it where that player doesn't have to live[for the game to work].

Anyways, you really have no right to tell me to "stop sucking", I'm not sure if you go to mafiascum, and if you do, you play in any of the games I've played in, but this is my usual play day one. I can provide examples, if you wish.

Additionally, the role of the mod is to stand back and make sure no one breaks the rules, and to garner replacements and administer role counts and, y'know, moderate the game. They are not to interfere with the game unless someone breaks the roles or needs replacement or the game needs a vote count/deadline. What you are doing here is interfering with the game--in this case, asking a player to not die.

Thank you.
My role, for the record.

Spam_Master said:
You are Mike O'Brian, undercover agent.

You are an undercover agent in the O'Malley Family, consisting of Meowkitty007, Pikachunoob7, and Marshigio. You also recognize three other people in the room from the academy: Vudore, The executive, and Blazer. You have no idea what their doing here but calling them out would be suicide so you cant talk them.

Once a night you can pick a family member and put his name at the drop, what happens from there you have no idea. But, be careful one of the family members may not be who they seem and you need their real name.
He would not confirm my Win Condition.

In short: this game sucks; Spam_Master is a horrible mod; I;m about to be modkilled; and I'm sure to get a wtf PM from the afforementioned horrible mod.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Nice way to ruin the whole **** game. Now we know everyone's roles. ****ing nice job. *******

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
Nice way to ruin the whole **** game. Now we know everyone's roles. ****ing nice job. *******
What can I say? I did my job well. He shouldn't have put so much emphasis on my role, when players are stupid and can possibly die int he early game.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
That's a lie. You did a piss *** poor job. Why did you ruin a game for anyone else? Why? ****ing troll

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
That's a lie. You did a piss *** poor job. Why did you ruin a game for anyone else? Why? ****ing troll
What there's a lie? Players are stupid and can die early game? That's fact.
He put an emphasis on my role? When he says I can't die or the game is screwed, I'd assume there is much emphasis on my role.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Flip, stop arguing with Nat, it's annoying to read and isn't going to lead anywhere. Just report him.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
That's irrelevant to the point i'm trying to make. Why did you ruin the game for anyone else? If you don't like what the mod is doing, ask to be replaced. You don't have to ****ing ruin it for everyone else

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Report him? For what marshigo? I'm really pissed right now, but i'll stop

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
That's irrelevant to the point i'm trying to make. Why did you ruin the game for anyone else? If you don't like what the mod is doing, ask to be replaced. You don't have to ****ing ruin it for everyone else
Think of it as a lesson in good game design.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You see that little exclamation sign underneath his post? Use it.

Taken from the Forum Games Rules thread.

3. Purposefully ruining a Mafia/Adventure game is worth temp-bans

We’re not kidding around on this one. These games take time and effort, and last for months of constant playing by all sides. People get invested in them. If you purposefully ruin one (Example: illegally PMing people with information, being mafia and posting all the mafia members names in the thread, getting information out of dead players, being town and talking to other members through PMs or AIM about the game, ect), you will be warned severely, depending on what it is you did. Even non-purposeful ruining will get warned, although not as much.
That's pretty much as bad as it gets, especially when he did it on purpose, so it should be an all out perma-ban.

5. Have fun
Anyone who breaks this rule is instantly banned :chuckle:
Nat did not sound like he was having much fun, so he felt like he needed to ruin everyone else's.

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
The problem wasn't the game design, the problem was you. If you didn't like the game, then you could've just asked to be replaced instead of pissing people off.
I actually rather liked the game, but the fact S_M needed me to live for the game to work kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. So I had to do some vigilante justice.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
That's ****ed up.

Well, I guess i'm done with this game.

vote: Natirasha in case the game continues.

@Spam-master - Please reshuffle the roles and let's start up again soon.

@Eor - please look at Nat's IP address and make sure that he/she doesn't try and replace themselves under a different accout.

@Nat- You're a ***got.

smashman90

Smash Lord
@Spam-master - Please reshuffle the roles and let's start up again soon.
Spam couldn't do that since most of us here know our roles. Spam would have to rewrite just about everything.

@Eor - please look at Nat's IP address and make sure that he/she doesn't try and replace themselves under a different accout.
Eor isn't a mod now, you have to talk to Bahamut about that.

I actually rather liked the game, but the fact S_M needed me to live for the game to work kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. So I had to do some vigilante justice.
Or you know, you could've just asked to be replaced instead of ruining everybody's fun. It's not that hard, we can still have fun, and less people would be mad at you.

Top Bottom