• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Lol at wiseguy, whyd u change ur avatar, I already recognized u as the pissed off knight thingy XD
Maybe you're right... I did kinda miss my Dark Knight avitar... ;)

Wiseguy has the same avatar as me :( I thought I'd at least be recognized as the guy with the monkey avatar haha
Same here. Sadly, an avatar that awesome was bound to be fairly popular. Chimps with suits and guns? That's just plain rad.

On topic: I've heard rumors that Toon Link is viable for top tier. Any truth to that?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Also may i join Knights Of The Drowned Kingdom,

If i do how do i get it onto my signature
You may. I'll add you to the list.

As for your signature... how much help do you need there? Do you know how to edit your signature and insert images?

Anyone could make me a nice Signature-pic with Knights Of The Drowned Kingdom? :3
I'm not very good with avatars and stuff like that. XD
Well, you could use one of the two/three we already have... other than that, I don't know. I'm not too good at flashy effects, either. ^^;

On topic: I've heard rumors that Toon Link is viable for top tier. Any truth to that?
Imagine Young Link from Melee. Now imagine that he trained swordfighting with Marth for 7 years.
Top tier right there.

Well. Curses! Looks like I missed Kabyk, so we didn't talk about the clan yet...

But I'll lay down what I have thought of so far in terms of implementing ranks. It's still purely theoretical, but better than nothing, I guess. =P

First, everyone will have to choose whether they join the clan or not.
Joining the Knights automatically means you're joining the Club, and then you may choose to join the Clan. Whether there will be any requirements for that remains to be decided.

The ranks for the club would be something like:

• "Island Dweller" ( default rank for anyone who just popped in and asked to join )
  • "Citizen of Hyrule" ( slightly higher rank for those who gave some of their contact information like VVayfarer did above )
  • "Hero Supporter" -> ... ( several rising ranks depending on the number of posts in the thread, starting at 20? )
  • "Drowned Kingdom Retainer" ( for special efforts in defending Toon Link in other threads )

The ranks for the clan members remain to be decided, but would probably be militaristic in nature. Since I don't think I'll have time to play very competitively, I'll probably give up my "General" rank to become "Minister Fawriel".

Also, there will be a few unique ranks for some of the most notable and still active members from the early days of the thread, like Stryks, Kabyk, Burning Lava and ylink_underestimated, who will be known under the collective name of "Order of the Red Lion" and will get their own custom ranks.

Any suggestions, objections or thumbs up so far?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
KotDK Members Gather!

**For all Toon Link and KotDK supporters, listen up!**

I, Kabyk-Greenmyst (Kabyk, for short), have assumed the role of General and leadership for the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. I have a few announcements to make:

-I am starting a new list. This is the Clan list. Everyone so far is just part of the Toon Link support club. If you wish to be a part of the clan, post or PM me your personal info in the below format. So far I have ylink_underestimated, Fawriel, VVayfarer, PaperLink, and Stimpy.
Everyone else is a "Puddle-jumper" and not part of the clan's activities. That is, until I receive your information.

SWF Name:
Melee/Brawl Name:
IM:
Friend Code: N/A (until March)

-I am in the process of creating the clan's hierarchy pecking order system as we speak. As Fawriel stated in his post, your rank will be determined by activity in the thread and your support of Toon Link outside the forums when Brawl is released.
-The top circle of members will be part of the "Order of the Red Lion" counsel, and have special abilities and responsibilities.

-Let me state this right now. KotDK is not a crew. As of right now, our only goal in the beginning of Brawls life, is the exchange of information and helping each other to master their own Hero of Winds. We will have meetings and training sessions. This is all theory for now. Depending on how active we are with each other, I might consider having us be part of clan wars and crew battles, but this is not definite.

Ranks [names and details subject to change]:
Drowned Kingdom Retainer : Active defenders of Toon Link on forums and in-game (most senses).
Hero Supporter : [Generic name for now] for people who are posters in the Toon Link forum and show their loyalty to the clan in various ways.
Citizen of Hyrule : Basic member. Is a part of clan, and can be called upon in certain cases for meetings, etc.
Island Dweller : Bottom rank. Common foot soldier. Can be mustered if numbers are needed, but otherwise nameless.
Puddle-Jumper : Wannabe or unconfirmed member of the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. Cannot be active in clan dealings.

-Rank names and requirements for said ranks are entirely subject to change. Depending on the types of activities and events we go through once Brawl is released, the definitions and requirements may alter to meet the new factors.

-In addition, the Original Post in this thread, is not mine. I will be collaborating with Fawriel in the near future to overhaul it into a working clan homepage.

-While I, or members of the Order, cannot be everywhere, it is my idea that once Brawl is released, it is each members responsibility to report in their activity in tournaments and their support of Toon Link (by informing people of the KotDK and by actually using Toon Link in-game). Yes, I know the flaw in this, but I am willing to depend on the Honor System for this set-up.

-For now, lastly, sigs. If you are a member of the KotDK, you can make your own signature or use one of ours. We have two right now, the one in my personal sig, and Fawriels, who I will post below. The only requirement is that the sig contain Toon Link and the name "Knights of the Drowned Kingdom". "KotDK" is acceptable as well.

-This is all for now. I hope all people who decide to join, know that this will entail serious dedication and loyalty. While you may not become active in tournaments or win them, if you go and can represent KotDK and express it, that is understandable and I will not look past that. In fact, I hope, in due time, that members play for KotDK instead of themselves.

Thus ends General Kabyk's primary directive speech.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Should I just wait a week so i can just give you my FC, or would now be better? Also, how would sessions work, by wi-fi or physically? (I live in Nebraska, so yeah...)

I'll get a KOTDK sig when The dojo updates with toon link.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Same here. Sadly, an avatar that awesome was bound to be fairly popular. Chimps with suits and guns? That's just plain rad.
You changed back? Aw now I somewhat feel like an a** because I complained :(

To Fawriel and Kabyk:

Seriously, very nice work as the leaders for the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. It's awesome that the Knights are gonna be active members instead of just WW Link fanboys hahaha

I'd love to join the clan, but it might be somewhat awkward since there are way too many n00bs in my school (Off Topic:
today I was playing around, and after getting UpB spam'd (AGAIN) they get really cocky, so next week it's not just gonna be PWNing time, there will be punishment. I'm not gonna let n00bs think they're better me, although there was only one okay player
) so I don't really think I'll get a lot of chances to actually play competitively except with my, I guess you can say, unofficial crew. But if I ever get the chance to play in a tourney, I'll play for KotDK, myself, and maybe my unofficial crew.

I never really thought of this before, but I guess I'm a well-known member in the Toon Link threads. I expected to be ranked along the lines of Hero Supporter, but I'm part of the Order of Red Lion. So I just have to say thanks Fawriel and Kabyk :) (btw, saying "the Order" sounds like Harry Potter haha)
Knowing that I'm in a rank like that really makes me want to be more active now. So I will keep my word on that.
And I guess for anyone who wants to type my name, just refer to me as either YLinku or by my GamerTag: Paré. (You could just type "Pare", but it's annoying when people say, "Why is your name Pair?". Paré means "dude" or "bro" in Tagalog: Filipino pride son)

Toon Link FTW
Knights of the Drowned Kingdom FTW

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
You may. I'll add you to the list.

As for your signature... how much help do you need there? Do you know how to edit your signature and insert images?

Well, you could use one of the two/three we already have... other than that, I don't know. I'm not too good at flashy effects, either. ^^;

Imagine Young Link from Melee. Now imagine that he trained swordfighting with Marth for 7 years.
Top tier right there.

Well. Curses! Looks like I missed Kabyk, so we didn't talk about the clan yet...

But I'll lay down what I have thought of so far in terms of implementing ranks. It's still purely theoretical, but better than nothing, I guess. =P

First, everyone will have to choose whether they join the clan or not.
Joining the Knights automatically means you're joining the Club, and then you may choose to join the Clan. Whether there will be any requirements for that remains to be decided.

The ranks for the club would be something like:

• "Island Dweller" ( default rank for anyone who just popped in and asked to join )
  • "Citizen of Hyrule" ( slightly higher rank for those who gave some of their contact information like VVayfarer did above )
  • "Hero Supporter" -> ... ( several rising ranks depending on the number of posts in the thread, starting at 20? )
  • "Drowned Kingdom Retainer" ( for special efforts in defending Toon Link in other threads )

The ranks for the clan members remain to be decided, but would probably be militaristic in nature. Since I don't think I'll have time to play very competitively, I'll probably give up my "General" rank to become "Minister Fawriel".

Also, there will be a few unique ranks for some of the most notable and still active members from the early days of the thread, like Stryks, Kabyk, Burning Lava and ylink_underestimated, who will be known under the collective name of "Order of the Red Lion" and will get their own custom ranks.

Any suggestions, objections or thumbs up so far?
Yeah...I thought for he seemed rather...Marthlike with his aerials...

:freak:

Oh. Okay.

(I'm doomed...)
LOL

To Fawriel and Kabyk:

Seriously, very nice work as the leaders for the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. It's awesome that the Knights are gonna be active members instead of just WW Link fanboys hahaha

I'd love to join the clan, but it might be somewhat awkward since there are way too many n00bs in my school (Off Topic:
today I was playing around, and after getting UpB spam'd (AGAIN) they get really cocky, so next week it's not just gonna be PWNing time, there will be punishment. I'm not gonna let n00bs think they're better me, although there was only one okay player
) so I don't really think I'll get a lot of chances to actually play competitively except with my, I guess you can say, unofficial crew. But if I ever get the chance to play in a tourney, I'll play for KotDK, myself, and maybe my unofficial crew.

I never really thought of this before, but I guess I'm a well-known member in the Toon Link threads. I expected to be ranked along the lines of Hero Supporter, but I'm part of the Order of Red Lion. So I just have to say thanks Fawriel and Kabyk :) (btw, saying "the Order" sounds like Harry Potter haha)
Knowing that I'm in a rank like that really makes me want to be more active now. So I will keep my word on that.
And I guess for anyone who wants to type my name, just refer to me as either YLinku or by my GamerTag: Paré. (You could just type "Pare", but it's annoying when people say, "Why is your name Pair?". Paré means "dude" or "bro" in Tagalog: Filipino pride son)

Toon Link FTW
Knights of the Drowned Kingdom FTW
Oh, ylink! Remember me?

Anyway...wish I'd found out about this sooner. I would love to join the Kingdom. Here's my info:

SWF name: twilight_hero
Brawl name: twi.h (twi_h if there are undersores, but I don't think there are...)
Email: twilight.hero.42@gmail.com
AIM: TwilightHero42
Friend Code: Don't have it yet, but I'll post it as soon as I get it.

As for my sig...I'll either use the Dojo image or find something. I've been meaning to do so recently anyway.

Anyone else find it ironic that my name is based off LoZ:TP yet I'm gonna be a HoW mainer?

Anyway, please accept me...I fully support Hero of Winds and will gladly defend his honor anywhere else on the Internets.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
You're in Twilight Hero.

As of right now, official members are:

The Order: YlinkU, Fawriel, Stryks, Myself.
Citizens: VVayfarer, PaperLink, Stimpy, twilight_hero.

For now, all members who submit their info are Citizens of Hyrule. Once the game comes out, individual ranks may change.

Everyone else who is on the OP are "Puddle-Jumpers" and have no abilities within the Clan.

EDIT: Stryks replied REALLY fast. You're in too. :)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
You're in Twilight Hero.

As of right now, official members are:

The Order: YlinkU, Fawriel, Stryks, Myself.
Citizens: VVayfarer, PaperLink, Stimpy, twilight_hero.

For now, all members who submit their info are Citizens of Hyrule. Once the game comes out, individual ranks may change.

Everyone else who is on the OP are "Puddle-Jumpers" and have no abilities within the Clan.

EDIT: Stryks replied REALLY fast. You're in too. :)
Cool, thanks. I now have an appropriate signature, with a picture of the Hero of Winds, "Knights of the Drowned Kingdom," and "Join us!" with a link to the first page of this thread. When sugarpoultry's sig shop opens again, I'll do my best to get a better sig. Or I might just keep this one.

Anything else I need to do?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Cool, thanks. I now have an appropriate signature, with a picture of the Hero of Winds, "Knights of the Drowned Kingdom," and "Join us!" with a link to the first page of this thread. When sugarpoultry's sig shop opens again, I'll do my best to get a better sig. Or I might just keep this one.

Anything else I need to do?
As of right now, nothing concrete. If you have any suggestions for me in terms of regulations and activities, I would love to hear them. Although I have taken on leadership of this clan, I have almost zero experience with Smash clans/crews. I only have some third-party perspective.

This is not a dictatorship, I am only "leader" in the loose definition of "moderator".

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
As of right now, nothing concrete. If you have any suggestions for me in terms of regulations and activities, I would love to hear them. Although I have taken on leadership of this clan, I have almost zero experience with Smash clans/crews. I only have some third-party perspective.

This is not a dictatorship, I am only "leader" in the loose definition of "moderator".
All right. Well, keep me posted.

BTW, is my sig okay?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Of course I'll keep everything up and posted. You're sig is perfect.

I was thinking I might make a new thread, even though Fawriel was kinda intent on this one staying the official thread. The problem is that I cannot edit the first page. Well, I'll have to ask him some time.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmm.
It would probably not hurt to have one thread for the Club and one for the Clan. In fact, it would make things a lot easier. We just need to keep the names similar to make clear that the two threads are just two halves of the same entity. And if both go well, we could ask for a sticky for both!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Since it looks like you guys are restructuring, I think I'll respectfully decline to reapply for the KotDK club. Although I'm a huge supporter of the character being in the game I can't say that I'll be terribly active on the Toon Link boards since I'm a dedicated Olimar main.

Best of luck with your club, clan and whatever else you guys have in the works. :)

Don't sweat it, I changed because there was another dude in the Olimar boards who has been using it and I was tired of seeing myself everwhere. ;)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
PaperLink, I already have you down. I went through the pages and got the people's info. If you read my Announcement thread, you would've seen your name there. If not, it's in my sig.

Fawriel, I'm going to make a secondary thread. This is going to be where the Clan info will be for reference. I hope when you revamp the OP for this thread, you include the link to it. As of right now, the info on that thread will not be very useful, but once we start playing, it should command authority of active-ness.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Yes, he is officially Toon Link.

I'm not sure why people thought they'd change it. >_>;
Hmm...there aren't any precedents or anything...*coughPurincoughKoopacough*

But seriously, that blows. How humiliating is that? Going into battle as "Toon Link." He deserves waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more respect than that. I'm still calling him Hero of Winds.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I've accepted that Sakurai didn't make the greatest selection for characters, and I've given up and am now just grateful Hero of Winds is in the game and to show that even though he's loosely based on Link, he deserves a top spot in everyone's hearts.

That's what we're all about, am I right?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I've accepted that Sakurai didn't make the greatest selection for characters, and I've given up and am now just grateful Hero of Winds is in the game and to show that even though he's loosely based on Link, he deserves a top spot in everyone's hearts.

That's what we're all about, am I right?
Yeah.

Well...that and beating the sh;t out of anyone who stands in our way. Unless we don't do that.

Will19

Smash Apprentice
I went to a Smash-Event today. Everyone thought my Toon Link was awesome. :3

Oh, right:

SWF Name: Will
Melee/Brawl Name: Will
E-Mail: will-bakayaro@hotmail.com
IM: -
Friend Code: 1891 0478 9194

I'm thinking about making a The Knights of the Drowned Kingdom signature soon. Yeah. :D

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I went to a Smash-Event today. Everyone thought my Toon Link was awesome. :3

Oh, right:

SWF Name: Will
Melee/Brawl Name: Will
E-Mail: will-bakayaro@hotmail.com
IM: -
Friend Code: 1891 0478 9194

I'm thinking about making a The Knights of the Drowned Kingdom signature soon. Yeah. :D
Umm....did you get a Brawl copy from Sears or do you have the Japanese copy? You sound like you own Brawl....:ohwell::ohwell:

Top Bottom