• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
By The Way, guys. Falco appears to lose his Wolf priority. Apparently, when I got Command, it said Falco feels "He led an unfullfilled, insignificant life".
The various Command story lines almost made the entire game non-canon, with so many routes its hard to tell what actually happens, I finished the game a few times, one time ending with Fox and Krystal having a baby, the other ending with her joining Star wolf.

But you do have a point Sakurai is clearly aware of Command.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
The various Command story lines almost made the entire game non-canon, with so many routes its hard to tell what actually happens, I finished the game a few times, one time ending with Fox and Krystal having a baby, the other ending with her joining Star wolf.

oh look I'll pretend to like Wolf only so the people in this thread stop flaming me

Wasn't wolf a non important "overshadowed by Krystal" fox clone some pages ago? ****ing loser!

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

WHY ARE YOU SPOILING IT TO ME? I CLEARLY SAID I JUST ****ING BOUGHT IT LAST NIGHT!

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
wasn't wolf a non important "overshadowed by Krystal" fox clone some pages ago? ****ing hypocrite loser!
If I could even decipher what you're trying to say, I'd probably call you an idiot for whatever personal remark you're making, but for now, I'll just call you an idiot for your horrendous grammar. I hope it will suffice.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
If I could even decipher what you're trying to say, I'd probably call you an idiot for whatever personal remark you're making, but for now, I'll just call you an idiot for your horrendous grammar. I hope it will suffice.
For now I'll call you an idiot, because there's absolutely no grammar mistakes in that statement, *******.

Patinator

Smash Champion

How's Sakurai aware of Command? :confused: Fox DOES look a bit like his Command form, though... A BIT...

Yes, lots of different endings exist in Command.

Slippy leaving and staying with Amanda, Falco making his own team with Katt and Dash, Krystal being in Star Wolf but quitting, and becoming the bounty hunter Kursed. She even runs into Fox without him recognizing her on planet Kew! Fox and Krystal get back together and either have a baby named Marcus who makes his own team with Peppy's granddaughter, Slippy's son, and the original Falco (Poor guy. He never got any lovin'...), or they just get back together after a party while Peppy and Lucy talk about the latter's dead mother.

Of course, there's also one where Star Fox gets back together along with Amanda, and then the ultimate drama ending.

Fox gets everything he cared for (AKA Krystal) by Wolf, Leon, and Panther. Falco tries to cheer the despondant Fox up, eventually suggesting they make their Arwings into racing machines. They enter the G-Zero Grand Prix (...), win, and become household names. The other is already stated, though I might've forgotten one.

So yeah, unless a Star Fox Wii comes out, we won't know what happened with Wolf or Fox or ANYONE! I'd say the cliche everyone's happy ending happened, though. Go figure.

Okay, rant over.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
oh look I'll pretend to like Wolf only so the people in this thread stop flaming me

Wasn't wolf a non important "overshadowed by Krystal" fox clone some pages ago? ****ing loser!
It was established yesterday that while I do have my opinions on wolf, I am not anti-wolf.
For now I'll call you an idiot, because there's absolutely no grammar mistakes in that statement, *******.
stop trolling, insulting people for having opinions is quite juvenile.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
You're just a lame kiss-***, get a life!
Thank you for proving my point.

On Topic: I think like stated above, that Star Fox Wii will probably give us the true details on what happened, it will probably be a new ending that wasn't in command... because most of its ending were very closing as if the Story of Star Fox itself had ended.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
How's Sakurai aware of Command? :confused: Fox DOES look a bit like his Command form, though... A BIT...

Yes, lots of different endings exist in Command.

Slippy leaving and staying with Amanda, Falco making his own team with Katt and Dash, Krystal being in Star Wolf but quitting, and becoming the bounty hunter Kursed. She even runs into Fox without him recognizing her on planet Kew! Fox and Krystal get back together and either have a baby named Marcus who makes his own team with Peppy's granddaughter, Slippy's son, and the original Falco (Poor guy. He never got any lovin'...), or they just get back together after a party while Peppy and Lucy talk about the latter's dead mother.

Of course, there's also one where Star Fox gets back together along with Amanda, and then the ultimate drama ending.

Fox gets everything he cared for (AKA Krystal) by Wolf, Leon, and Panther. Falco tries to cheer the despondant Fox up, eventually suggesting they make their Arwings into racing machines. They enter the G-Zero Grand Prix (...), win, and become household names. The other is already stated, though I might've forgotten one.

So yeah, unless a Star Fox Wii comes out, we won't know what happened with Wolf or Fox or ANYONE! I'd say the cliche everyone's happy ending happened, though. Go figure.

Okay, rant over.
Star Fox Command is F***ing HORRIBLE. Now that that's gone :
SPOILERS​

Could the ending where they change their machines into race cars be reffering to James McCloud's inclusion in F-ZERO GX. Maybe they are in the same universe. I can see it now... *flashbacks of SSB64 and SSBM*. Awesome:uzi:

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
This thread rules! I laugh every time I check up on it. XD

I still need to get my hands on command to see whats up.

Regarding balance between Fox, Falco, and Wolf... It seems to me like Fox would remain the fastest, Falco remaining intermediate, and Wolf taking the heavy slot. After all, he is bulky, armored, and strong looking.

As for a projectile, it works the same. Fox's lazers are weak, Falco's lazers are intermediate, and Wolf's will most likely be stronger. I wouldn't be suprised if he got a really slow projectile like the bazooka thingy that shoots out the weird looking rings that travel rather slow. It will be a lot like Mewtwo's shadow ball (Slow, but packs a furious punch.)

Patinator

Smash Champion
Star Fox Command is F***ing HORRIBLE.
How? As my first Star Fox game, I found it quite enjoyable. Nintendo Power gave it a 9.5, like Super Mario Galaxy.

Could the ending where they change their machines into race cars be reffering to James McCloud's inclusion in F-ZERO GX. Maybe they are in the same universe. I can see it now... *flashbacks of SSB64 and SSBM*. Awesome:uzi:
Could be, could be. In one ending, Falco has boots that look like C. Falcon's, color and all!

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Fox should have gotten an alternate costume that gave him the sunglasses like "James McCloud". XD

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Fox should have gotten an alternate costume that gave him the sunglasses like "James McCloud". XD
As long as they don't make Wolf his alt., I'm happy.

BTW, you guys have seen the high resolution picture of dark Fox, right? It completely deconfirms Wolf as a Fox alt. That rumor started after E4All when someone saw the dark Fox alt. being used in a match. It was a fuzzy screenshot, and it looked vaguely like Wolf, so people assumed that Wolf was deconfirmed as a PC.

Ridiculous.

Command is rubbish. Seriously timed free range battles where all you do is defeat enemies? **** it.

And Nintendo power is rubbish, the fact that they are basically saying Star Fox command is as good as Mario Galaxy is proof.

IMO if you haven't played SF64 you haven't played Star fox.

Now do a barrel roll.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Command is rubbish. Seriously timed free range battles where all you do is defeat enemies? **** it.

And Nintendo power is rubbish, the fact that they are basically saying Star Fox command is as good as Mario Galaxy is proof.

Now do a barrel roll.
QFT -- SF64 was the best in the series, imo.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
not that bad but definately could be better

I wouldn't say rubbish, but they are biased

So true.

raul

Smash Lord
I myself loved Star Fox 64, was happy with Assault and okay with Command.

Anyway, to Mr. Alcohol, yes that rumor was ridiculous and thus I have devoted my time on this forum to crush it. Sadly, you still get the moron who posts "Wolf is a Fox alt. costume!!!!!" This requires a verbal kick in the balls and we're set. I myself do not believe that costumes should be used to determine a characters confirmation and/or deconfirmation. Its quite frankly, BS.

Now, to the poster, I believe it was Klonoa, I agree with your evaluation of Fox/Falco/Wolf. However, I am concerned that if Wolf falls into the heavy weight/bad guy department, he will join the ranks of Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Wario, and most likely King K.Rool and Ridley, thus making him unoriginal. Nintendo might be persuaded to give the spot over to Falco and we would have a Fox, Krystal, Falco representation. I believe Wolf should be faster than Fox. Hear me out before you engulf me. IF Wolf was to be the fastest bad guy/rival, who also used explosives, like a rocket launcher, and possibly duel wielded, this would make him very unique from not only Fox, but also from all the other villains.

It's just a thought really. Chances are Wolf will probably be a heavy weight due to body armor, but I could see him being as fast as Fox as well.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion

assault/similair appearance in past games

melee

command

Brawl

FAIL
Fox's Brawl and Melee looks are the best, his assault design is.. odd.. imo.

On Topic: What if Wolf appeared as a minion of the subspace army, then after realizing that the subspace army are like really crazy he joins the team, and thats how you unlock him.
He would be Boss & Playable.. (I am not sure but, has anyone ever thought that Boss characters may also be playable characters in some scenarios such as DK's Subspace arch against Bowser.)

Just a thought...

raul

Smash Lord
Fox's Brawl and Melee looks are the best, his assault design is.. odd.. imo.

On Topic: What if Wolf appeared as a minion of the subspace army, then after realizing that the subspace army are like really crazy he joins the team, and thats how you unlock him.
He would be Boss & Playable.. (I am not sure but, has anyone ever thought that Boss characters may also be playable characters in some scenarios such as DK's Subspace arch against Bowser.)

Just a thought...
No one has completely ruled out that possibility, but then technically, Wolf isn't a boss then. We figured that all playable characters will have some role in the Subspace story line.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
No one has completely ruled out that possibility, but then technically, Wolf isn't a boss then. We figured that all playable characters will have some role in the Subspace story line.
I wonder how snakes inclusion will work...

ON TOPIC: What if they made wolf GIANT just for the boss fight lol with the help of some mushrooms :psycho:, then once unlocked he would just be regular sized.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I was thinking that Wolf should be in his Wolfen, then start blasting at you in background while his teammates fight you, then when you KO his teammates his Wolfen goes onto the stage. Then, the chance to jump on his Wolfen opens. You jump, he goes in the sky with you on it, then you must destroy it. Like, you hit the wings of his Wolfen. When they're destroyed, he crashes into the ground and then you have to KO him.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I was thinking that Wolf should be in his Wolfen, then start blasting at you in background while his teammates fight you, then when you KO his teammates his Wolfen goes onto the stage. Then, the chance to jump on his Wolfen opens. You jump, he goes in the sky with you on it, then you must destroy it. Like, you hit the wings of his Wolfen. When they're destroyed, he crashes into the ground and then you have to KO him.
Sounds a bit over the top... but ok.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Sounds a bit over the top... but ok.
A challenging unlock is worthy for an awesome character:

Wolf Moveset

First Jump: Goes up 25% higher than Fox's
Second Jump: Goes up 50% of First Jump.

A- Sucker Punch
*Repeated punches with both of Wolf's hands. Chargable, but then you only get one powerful punch(Fully charged version is like Falcon Punch).
A-> Barrel Roll
*Wolf does a barrel roll for massive damage! Chargable.
A-V Submission
*Wolf's hands and legs go flying, in a submission. Like Mario's retired move, except chargable.
A-^Bite
*Wolf bites upward. Chargable, and can be done repeatedbly.

B- Twin Barrel Blaster
*Twin shots from Wolf's Blaster. Flinches opponent. Chargable, as well.
B-> Grenade Throw
*Wolf throws a grenade from Starfox Assault.
B-V Counter
*Does a counter, like Ike's. Can also reflect projectiles.
B-^ Rocket Propel
*Pulls out a Rocket Puncher, then aims and releases it downwards to propel himself upwards. Goes up 25% of Wolf's first jump.

Grab: Grabs the foe's shirt with one hand, and neck with the next.
Grab Hit: Slaps the opponent's face.

Throw->: Does a massive punch, that sends the foe flying.
Throw-V: Slams the opponent to the ground, then in mid-air in a handstand position, pulls out rocket launcher and blasts the opponent, all in a matter of 2 seconds.
Throw-^:Bites the opponent, with thrusts it upwards, then shoots at with Twin Barrel Blaster twice.

Final Smash: Jumps in a Wolfen and with his Teammates, fires multiple layers of lasers up and down 3 times in a row with major knockback.

Taunts
#1. Laughs sinisterly, like Mewtwo.
#2. Throws Blaster in the air, and catches it.
#3. Says "I'll get you Fox!", or "You're good, but I'm better!", or "You're dead meat."

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Wolf Movesets

While we're posting movesets, again, I thought I'd just go the whole nine yards and make an index for every Wolf moveset ever made (not too many, just four). Enjoy

chaos_Leader: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2704459&postcount=1749

Fang theFirst: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2778891&postcount=1

Bowsserlick: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1756667&postcount=900

Wu Tang Gang: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3358212&postcount=2798

There is also a list of possible special (B attacks) on the first post: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1404726&postcount=1

Limit's arguments for Wolf and moveset: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3397526&postcount=2817

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom