• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The other Ike video is on gamepro's site. You see the fB. fAir is faster, no doubt. There's a strong thrusting horizontal stab move. I don't know what it could be. It's on the delfino vid. Also, dAir doesn't have lag when you land.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I guess it's the 4 player Delfino Plaza match, unless there's one of him on the character select screen with an alternate outfit.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Can anybody pick out Ike's specials?

So far 3/4 seem to be somewhat similar to Marth's.

Aether is just a better dolphin slash with more range and actually useful for recovery.

Erruption seems to be just a cooler looking Sheild breaker, but he stabs down instead of slashes, and it has fire effects.

I also believe I saw a screen of him using counter too.

Anyone know if he has sword dance? It doesn't matter if his whole moveset is exactly the same as Marth's as long as his B attacks stay similar. So far, they're not exactly the same, but they are similar enough to replace Marth. They could have simply given him stronger A attacks. Marth is my main, but I don't really care if he returns or not, because I am gonna have a hard choice already choosing between Lucas, Sonic, Ike, and Metaknight. >_>

But yeah...We will see.

Zevox

Smash Lord
You can see it in the video I linked to a few posts up.

I think it looks pretty Marth-ish myself...
Hm, its difficult to get a good look at him in that one, since whoever is playing him is spending most of his time getting the crap beat out of him but... ah, there, 19 seconds in you can get a good look. And looking further, an even better one when it zooms in for Pit's FS (46-7 seconds in), since hes right next to him at the time.

Yep, that looks like Sigurd all right. Blue cape and belt, white just about everything else, no armor to speak of (hes even missing the leather chest armor and shoulder pad that Ike normally wears, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me). Definitely not Marth-like though - no breastplate armor, too much white and not nearly enough blue in the wardrobe.

Guess that means we can write Sigurd off as a FE playable candidate. Ah well, still plenty of possibilities left to choose from. *fingers crossed for Micaiah*

Zevox

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Guess that means we can write Sigurd off as a FE playable candidate. Ah well, still plenty of possibilities left to choose from. *fingers crossed for Micaiah*

Zevox
I'm hoping for Micaiah as well. If Ike does look that similar to Sigurd I would say that he will not be making an apperance.

My perfect Fire Emblem roaster would be Ike, Marth, Micaiah. Sure some people may say the Black Knight has a chance, but if you do...I ask that you read my comments made in the Black Knight thread because I doubt he'll make an apperance outside of a a boss-only.

-Knight

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for Micaiah as well. If Ike does look that similar to Sigurd I would say that he will not be making an apperance.

My perfect Fire Emblem roaster would be Ike, Marth, Micaiah. Sure some people may say the Black Knight has a chance, but if you do...I ask that you read my comments made in the Black Knight thread because I doubt he'll make an apperance outside of a a boss-only.

-Knight
Oh trust me, I fully agree with you about both of those. Ike is in, Marth is a shoe-in, and Micaiah's magic would be a great way to round off the FE roster. As for the Black Knight, the only way I can explain his ridiculous over-rating on these boards is too much villain enthusiasm and the limited knowledge of the series possessed by countries that have only four of its games as yet. Else its difficult to see how he could be taken seriously as a potential PC.

Zevox

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yeah, now that I take a closer look at it, it really does seem like Sigurd's costume. The basics at least, I can't really get a good look, but it's definitely similar:ohwell:

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Hm, its difficult to get a good look at him in that one, since whoever is playing him is spending most of his time getting the crap beat out of him but... ah, there, 19 seconds in you can get a good look. And looking further, an even better one when it zooms in for Pit's FS (46-7 seconds in), since hes right next to him at the time.

Yep, that looks like Sigurd all right. Blue cape and belt, white just about everything else, no armor to speak of (hes even missing the leather chest armor and shoulder pad that Ike normally wears, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me). Definitely not Marth-like though - no breastplate armor, too much white and not nearly enough blue in the wardrobe.

Zevox
Yea, it sure looks a lot more like Sigurd than Marth.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Oh trust me, I fully agree with you about both of those. Ike is in, Marth is a shoe-in, and Micaiah's magic would be a great way to round off the FE roster. As for the Black Knight, the only way I can explain his ridiculous over-rating on these boards is too much villain enthusiasm and the limited knowledge of the series possessed by countries that have only four of its games as yet. Else its difficult to see how he could be taken seriously as a potential PC.

Zevox
Yhea ok then, come and grace us with your "superior" knowledge of the series.

Or are you scarred!? *tilts hat*

Zevox

Smash Lord
Yhea ok then, come and grace us with your "superior" knowledge of the series.

Or are you scarred!? *tilts hat*
How about you just read [post=3012463]this[/post] instead? I'd rather not repeat myself in fruitless arguments with people who cannot be convinced by any reasoning, which tends to be what happens when one posts against a character's inclusion in a thread made to support him.

Zevox

Shuma

Smash Hero
So unless the Demo has blocked Alt costumes, BK is not one of Ike's costumes... why? it makes ne sense, unless he's a PC, or a boss(unlikely).

Zevox

Smash Lord
So unless the Demo has blocked Alt costumes, BK is not one of Ike's costumes... why? it makes ne sense, unless he's a PC, or a boss(unlikely).
Why would he be an alt costume for Ike anyway? The only relation between them is being in the same game and being trained by the same man. Their build is very different, with BK being much bulkier than Ike, so making him an alt costume for Ike would be awkward to begin with. And its certainly probable for him to be not in the game at all or a subspace boss.

Zevox

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ike too some moves that the mages do, Erruption and his final smash is from the thunder mages stronges attack.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ike is a heavy character, so is the Black knight, they're very similar, etc etc. And with Sigurd's "Deconfirmation" that leaves 3 possibe newcomers for the FE series, Marth(shoe in) Micaiah(Another good guy!?) and the Black knight.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
More likely leaning towards becoming a boss. I'm not going to repeat what I just said to you in the Black Knight thread so look there to refresh your memory. Have you even played Path of Radiance? It honestly seems like you haven't.

Ike is a heavy character, so is the Black knight, they're very similar, etc etc. And with Sigurd's "Deconfirmation" that leaves 3 possibe newcomers for the FE series, Marth(shoe in) Micaiah(Another good guy!?) and the Black knight.
Micaiah actually has more leaning on her inclusion than the Black Knight does. In Radiant Dawn she is the center of attention where the Black Knight is not. Overall more important than he is to the storyline of Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn.

I really don't know; I hope they confirm the Black Knight as a sub space boss soon because you Black Knight fans just don't seem to listen. He does not have a good chance of appearing as a playable character. If you think he does then state your case as to why.

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
When did i say he had a good chance? never, i just sayd he was in the top 5 possible newcomers, and with Sigurd gone, that just means his chances are higher. Besides although i have yet to play the new games from what i've read in spoilers and stuff, he seems more important than micaiah since he seems to be a very important villain and character.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
When did i say he had a good chance? never, i just sayd he was in the top 5 possible newcomers, and with Sigurd gone, that just means his chances are higher. Besides although i have yet to play the new games from what i've read in spoilers and stuff, he seems more important than micaiah since he seems to be a very important villain and character.
I see, well due to not having played PoR I can see why your view of the Black Knight is a bit foggy importance wise.

He is not more important than Micaiah in Radiant Dawn, that I can assure you. Without Micaiah many important vital events to the storyline of Radiant Dawn could not have taken place.

Micaiah>Black Knight in terms of importance.

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
Still, you can't say the Black Knight wouldn't be an awesome addition. He doesn't have a high chance, true, but he has a chance and that's all that matters.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I see, well due to not having played PoR I can see why your view of the Black Knight is a bit foggy importance wise.

He is not more important than Micaiah in Radiant Dawn, that I can assure you. Without Micaiah many important vital events to the storyline of Radiant Dawn could not have taken place.

Micaiah>Black Knight in terms of importance.

-Knight
Of course she is more important than BK in the story but why should it matter? Villains are very rarely more important than the main heroes especially these personal rival type heroes.

And there are a lot of very special events that would not have happened in PoR if BK wasn't in...

How about you just read [post=3012463]this[/post] instead? I'd rather not repeat myself in fruitless arguments with people who cannot be convinced by any reasoning, which tends to be what happens when one posts against a character's inclusion in a thread made to support him.

Zevox
Wow your a little arrogant, no? anyways i will crack your "Post" in the BK thread at some point but reading over it... Kirby King and Pieman seem to be doing a much better job.

GenG

Smash Lord
Closer pics of the white-blue skin:

From this distance he really looks like Sigurd, even the way Ike is holding the sword is similar to most Sigurd's art:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
from the vid i assume that ike will be a powerful character

and he will be from top tier he is have the speed of marth and the power of roy

such a powerful char i like him and i mained before they revealed him ^^

Shuma

Smash Hero
I still don't see why he's supposed to have a Sigurd's alt. costume. t's just white Ike.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
@Shuma: They didn't say he was supposed to have Sigurd as an alt. costume. They said it looks like it.

And just because he's a heavy character does not mean he should be slow, to those of you who keep saying "but he's a heavy character, so how is he fast?".

Ike is becoming more and more appealing to me. He's not that slow, he's strong, has pretty good reach, has Aether, and Eruption looks cool too. I'm growing more and more eager to play as him.

Shuma

Smash Hero
That's what i mean, he doesn't "look" like Sigurd, and we have lots of people running around screaming Sigurd Decofirmed.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why does he look like Sigurd!? dear god! his clothes change to white, and that's all.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
@Shuma: They didn't say he was supposed to have Sigurd as an alt. costume. They said it looks like it.

And just because he's a heavy character does not mean he should be slow, to those of you who keep saying "but he's a heavy character, so how is he fast?".

Ike is becoming more and more appealing to me. He's not that slow, he's strong, has pretty good reach, has Aether, and Eruption looks cool too. I'm growing more and more eager to play as him.
I remember reading on IGN or something that he was slow in the demo.

Supposedly he plays the same as Marth/Roy too, so I don't know what that means for them.

Top Bottom