• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Lok

Smash Cadet
It was a cannon ball that knocked Mario out of the stadium, not a Star from the Star Wand.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It was a cannon ball that knocked Mario out of the stadium, not a Star from the Star Wand.
AH! I see what you're saying.

Sort of. :confused:

While it was a cannon ball, keep in mind, that in the smash world (so far) anyone being knocked away over a certain distance would be star KO'd (think... uh... Team Rocket?). The cannon could've had enough force to do so.

But I think I get what you're saying. ;)

Lok

Smash Cadet
Ooooooooh. I see the words star, flying off screen, ect; i immediatly think of star wand, for whenever I used it, all of the above followed. And I've never heard it being used like that other than Star wand and Whatever the jumping star thing from Mario is called(Super star?). But yeah, how COULD Sakurai even think of leaving those out, it's Smash tradition. If they're not in...... Well, it just won't be Smash.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Wiseguy, this is the rundown of your roster idea:
Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Baby Bowser (5) (1)

Zelda Series: Link, Young Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Midna/Wolf Link (5) (2)

Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario(6) (4)

Metroid Series: Samus / Zero Suit Samus, Ridley (3) (2)

Kirby Series: Kirby, Meatknight, King Dedede (3) (2)

Starfox Series: Fox McCloud, Krystal, Wolf (3) (1 1/3)

Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (2) (1)

Fire Emblem Series: Ike, Black Knight,, (2) (1 1/3)

F-Zero Series: Captain Falcon (1)

Earthbound Series: Lucas (1)

Other Nintendo Characters: Yoshi, Wario, Pit, Mr. Ressetti, Mii, Captain Olimar, Balloon Fighter (7) (6)

3rd Party Characters: Sonic, Megaman, Snake, Simon Belmont, Geno (5) (5)
While obviously our lists conflict here and there, I've realized a much bigger problem for both of our lists. Mathematically a roster 40 characters big seems perfectly doable. You take the characters from Melee (26), subtract the characters from SSB64 (12), and get the amount they added: 14. Add that to Melee's roster and we have 40 easy, and with the larger development team they can probably even do away with most clones and still get away with 40.
The roster size isn't the problem: the amount of newcomers both of us want might be.
Highlighted in your roster are all the new, original characters you want: 25. Add your clones and you want 28 new characters. (I took it for granted Lucas would be just like Ness).

My roster was in the same predicament:
Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Boswer Jr. (5) (1)
spinoffs: Wario, Yoshi (2) (1)

Zelda: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, WW Link, Vaati (5-6) (3)

Pokemon: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer (6) (4)

Metroid: Samus, Zero-Suit Samus, Ridley (3) (2)

Kirby: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede (3) (2)

Starfox: Fox, Falco, Krystal (3) (1)

DK: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (2) (1)

Fire Emblem: Ike, Micaiah (2) (2)

Other: Captain Falcon, Lucas, Olimar, Geno, Issac, Pit, Takamaru, Mii. (8) (5)

Third-party: Snake, Sonic, Megaman (3) (3)

- - - - - - - -
= 39 to 43, depending on how you want to count.
That's 26 newcomers in my roster.
I think in our desires to trim the fat and make Brawl a different game than Melee, we booted too many characters in exchange for new ones. Unfortunately I don't think the numbers favor as many as 40 characters if we're going to kick so many out or completely revise them (Ganondorf and WW Link).
We may have come up with a couple of awesome rosters, but for the sake of reality, I think we should either narrow down the characters or replace some of our desired characters with veterans.
Right now I have 16-17 Veterans returning. You have 15. Don't you think that's a bit low?

...not to mention that 5 third-party characters is probably pushing it.
And please don't correct the spelling for Meatknight- it's too funny.

SiD

Smash Master
A new challenger approaches…

Isaac

Potential moveset by O D I N:

Height: 2/5
Weight: 2/5
Attack Power: 3/5
Grab Range: 2/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 3/5
Falling Speed: 3/5

“A” Moves:

A: Isaac makes a quick slash with his sword in front of him. The move can be used as a rapid jabbing attack. It is faster than Marth’s, but slower than Roy's. The attack is similiar to Marth's current A attack.

F-tilt: Isaac performs a long, horizontal slash in front of him. Decent knockback, average damage.
U-tilt: Isaac swings his sword over his head, drawing across his body from back to front. The attack is strongest on the down swing, but has decent knockback when the attack hits above his body.
D-tilt: Isaac slams the ground in front of him with his palm, causing a minor tremor, and ripples the ground making rocks shoot out of the ground slightly. The foe trips. Little knockback, decent damage.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Isaac crouches low. After the charge, Isaac lunges forward with a horizontal sweep. Strong knockback, very laggy after the hit. No follow up.
Up Smash: Isaac, brings his arms close to his body. After the charge, Isaac throws his arms up in the air, and rocks from the ground fly upward a short distance. The rocks do decent damage, but little knockback. Great for aerial counters.
Down Smash: Isaac brings his arms close to his body again, this time, looking at the ground. After the charge, Isaac slams his fists into the ground, causing a stronger tremor around his body. The area of effect is within a “foot and a half” of his body. The tremor is only slightly lower than Isaac’s height. Strong attack, decent knockback at an upward angle.

Aerials:

Nair: Isaac performs a flip in midair, bringing his sword in front of him. This attack is quick, little knockback, and has an attack radius from above his head (first frame) to behind him (last frame before leveling out). It’s a 180 degree attack range.
Fair: Isaac does a horizontal slash at slightly lower angle to his body. It’s a quick slash with good knockback and damage (Edit: Fair and Bair are the same. This attack will turn Isaac around).
Uair: Isaac raises his arm above him, using Psynergy to smack his opponent from below (think bowser Uair, only better range). The move is slow, and laggy, but has excellent range and knockback
Dair: Isaac kicks twice with his feet beneath him. 2 hits max. No knockback on the first hit, the second hit is a meteor smash. Low damage.

“B” Moves:

B : Venus Djinn
Isaac summons a Venus Djinn to fire a rock at his opponent. The rock will do 3-5% damage, knockback is average. Can be spammed, but it works like Falco’s laser, and has a projectory like it as well. There’s lag between each blast. Same projectory when in the air.

Towards B: Mars Djinn
Isaac summons a Mars Djinn to breathe fire upon his opponents. The Djinn stays in the spot it was summoned. The attack works like a fire flower. It lasts for a few seconds, and then the Djinn disappears, the fire gradually getting smaller with each breath. Isaac can't summon the Mars Djinn for about 4 seconds, as to prevent spamming (he's basically a pokeball).

Down B: Mercury Djinn
Isaac summons a Djinn to create a ice wall in front of him. This ice wall can be used to stand on, jump on, and can be picked up by stronger characters. It can be shattered after 20% damage has been done to it (based on characters, I.e. DK should have no problem shattering it). If an opponent is in front of Isaac while using this, the pillar causes some damage and knockback. While in the air, Isaac can use this to create a small sheet of ice beneath him, that floats in the air long enough (not long, like a second. It floats glowing as if it was just created) for Isaac (and other characters) to use a footstool jump off of it. After the move has been used, it takes 10 seconds before it can be used again, as it requires a lot of Psynergy to use, since Isaac is an Earth Adept. When attempted to be used after the first time, Isaac creates a splash of water, causing no damage, no knockback, and doesn’t effect the foe at all.

Up B: Jupiter Djinn
Isaac summons the Jupiter Djinn to propel him a large distance in any direction. The move’s range is farther than Falco’s, but shorter than Fox’s. It’s fast, and has no charge time. However, it deals no damage, and no knockback. It has low priority, so Isaac can be knocked out of it easily.

Final Smash: Grand Gaia
Isaac raises his arms into the air, the stage/arena shaking. The stage erupts with flying rocks and light pouring from the ground, dealing massive damage. Each rock counts as a hit, so it'll deal damage on a multiple hit level, rather than a one time massive damage hit. The range of the attack is based upon the size of the stage, not the screen. Also, the most damage is closest to the ground. The mid stage area (example: between the platforms on battlefield) is the weakest. Anything above the mid stage area is unaffected.

Grabs:
Isaac reaches out with both arms, and grabs his opponent. His reach is short.

Jab:
Isaac knees his opponent.

Fthrow:
Isaac shoves his opponent forward with both arms. Average knockback, average damage.

Uthrow:
Since Isaac is so tiny, and doesn’t have a lot of arm strength, Isaac uses his magic to use the ground as launcher. The ground beneath his opponent shoots up as a pillar of earth, propelling the opponent into the air. High knockback, decent damage. The pillar disappears after the throw.

Dthrow: Isaac shoves his foe to the ground, and pops him in the face 3 times. Multiple hitter, for 2-3% each hit. After the punches, the opponent slides forward from the 3rd hit, which is much like an uppercut, only horizontal. Low knockback. Damage is average. Highest damage out of throws, due to multiple hits.

Bthrow: Isaac uses his Psynergy to grab his opponent, and chuck him backwards. Highest knockback out of the throws.

Taunt: Isaac looks around him as the 4 Djinnii(?)(can’t remember what was plural and singular) dance about him quickly, and then quickly vanish.

Winning pose #1: Isaac sheaths his sword, and pants heavily, looking at the screen with a tired face.

Winning pose#2: Isaac looks around him as the Djinnii Swirl around him. The Djinnii and Isaac look at the screen, Isaac has a smile.

Winning pose#3: Isaac lowers his arms, and raises them high into the air, with a few rocks circling around him.

Awesome moveset!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Wiseguy, this is the rundown of your roster idea:

While obviously our lists conflict here and there, I've realized a much bigger problem for both of our lists. Mathematically a roster 40 characters big seems perfectly doable. You take the characters from Melee (26), subtract the characters from SSB64 (12), and get the amount they added: 14. Add that to Melee's roster and we have 40 easy, and with the larger development team they can probably even do away with most clones and still get away with 40.
The roster size isn't the problem: the amount of newcomers both of us want might be.
Highlighted in your roster are all the new, original characters you want: 25. Add your clones and you want 28 new characters. (I took it for granted Lucas would be just like Ness).

My roster was in the same predicament:

That's 26 newcomers in my roster.
I think in our desires to trim the fat and make Brawl a different game than Melee, we booted too many characters in exchange for new ones. Unfortunately I don't think the numbers favor as many as 40 characters if we're going to kick so many out or completely revise them (Ganondorf and WW Link).
We may have come up with a couple of awesome rosters, but for the sake of reality, I think we should either narrow down the characters or replace some of our desired characters with veterans.
Right now I have 16-17 Veterans returning. You have 15. Don't you think that's a bit low?

...not to mention that 5 third-party characters is probably pushing it.
And please don't correct the spelling for Meatknight- it's too funny.
OMG?!?!?! 17 and 15? Seriously!

Excluding Jigglypuff isn't realistic for one, but I don't have to mention that because the Pokemon thing has been questioned and is very up in the air with PT etc...

20 vets at least!

Mario, Link, Picka, Fox, Kirby, Samus, DK, Yoshi, Luigi, Ness, CFalcon, Jiggs, Ganon, ICs, M2, Bowser, Zelda, Marth, Peach are givens. You can also consider G&W (he deserves the credit), YLink (possibly CS, they won't just "remove" a Link), and Falco is in the top 4 picks for the 3/4 roster spots from the SF series

Sheik is a question and the Ness vs Lucas thing will be up in the air until we see both of them (PC or AT). I won't get into detail on those

so far 7 New Comers were confirmed and there are several that are shoe-ins. Dedede, Krystal, AC char for ex.

Green is starters

Mario - Mario, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser Jr.(Shadow Mario stamina SM)

Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganon, CSLink, Midna(WLink capable SM)

Metroid - Samus, Zamus, Ridley

Star Fox - Fox, Krystal, Falco, Wolf

Kirby - Kirby, MK, Dedede

Pokemon - Pickachu, PT, Jiggs, M2, Lucario

FE - Ike, Marth, Black Knight

DK - DK, Diddy, KRool

Mother - Lucas, Ness(PSI has plenty of varieties for 2)

FZero - Falcon, Black Shadow

Other - Pit, Olimar, Smashkid, Baloon F, Little Mac, ICs, G&W, Issaccc...
and of course

3rd Party - Snake, Bomberman, BK

THAT's right, going on a limb here with 48!!!!
They can do it...don't worry, you don't think they can?
They can always update with the net too. That's not necissary though.

This game has been a shocker so far so what's the big deal o_O

P.S. good mset^^

Legolastom

Smash Hero
MeatKnight: You don't wanna know.
MetaKnight: A sort of anti hero from the Kirby series.
MetKnight:

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
So O D I N is an Golden Sun fan.....

Btw, here's my moveset for Ray (Custom Robo)

-Ray-

Height: 2/5
Weight: 3/5
Attack Power: 3/5
Grab Range: 1/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 4/5
Falling Speed: 3/5

A,A,A - Does three swipes with a Blade Gun. Third swipe lets out a small energy blast (think Link with full heath in the original Zelda)

tilt A side - Uses electricity from a Stun Gun.
tilt A down - A small swipe with a Blade Gun.
tilt A up - Swipes upwards with a Blade Gun.

Smash A side - Sends enemies flying with a Knuckle Gun.
Smash A down - Does swipes with a Blade Gun front a behind (think Marth/Roy)
Smash A up - Lets out a bolt of electricity from a Stun Gun.

A air neutral - Swipes with a Blade Gun
A air front - Throws fire with a Flame Gun (think Samus)
A air back - Kicks backwards
A air up - Throws a bubble up with a Bubble Gun.
A air down - Points a Drill Gun downwards

dash attack - tackles enemies with his shoulders.

grab - uses an Acrobat Bomb to throw both his enemy and Ray to the desired direction. The explosion does not harm Ray.
grab attack - Hits enemy with his elbow

B neutral (3-Way Gun) - Shoots bullets in a "E" shape, with 3 shots in each side.
B side (Direct Pod) - Throws a fast-moving bombs that flies directly forward and bounces off wall. Will explode in a short time or until it hits anybody, even Ray himself.
B down (Wave Bomb) - Sets a bomb that throws three waves to the front.
B Up (Flak) - Uses his body to attack. (think Fox)

Final Smash (Soulboost) - Ray turns gold (think Super Sonic). Increases Ray's power and speed dramatically, and become invincible. Possible to KO enemies with 50% or higher damage. Last for 12 seconds. When finished, Ray rusts, and his attacks and speed will be weaker than usual for 7 seconds.

Theme - [url="http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/6838/1']Heaven[/url]

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
kind of random, but you know what is bugging me? since each character will enter the plot differently, how will they explain Pokemon trainer and pikachu? if i remember, pikachu from the anime was never in a pokeball. how will pikachu and pokemon trainer conflict or team up? and will pokemon trainer possibly have more pokemon you can fight with, as unlockable? (like the third gen starters)

Lok

Smash Cadet
And will pokemon trainer possibly have more pokemon you can fight with, as unlockable? (like the third gen starters)

Wow. that would be quite phanomanal. But it would be even cooler if when you changed you costume(color, whatever), the Pokemon he used changed as well.

And that brings up a good point, will it just be colour changes or will the whole outfit change. ex. Instead of Doc Mario being a whole other character, he'd be like an unlockable costume. Like, the farther you get in Subspace Emmissary, the more costumes you unlock for that character your playing.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It was a mudball shot by Petey Piranha=I am 101% positive. For proof, watch these vids, and pause at 0:34 and 0:35 , and you'll see Petey shoot it, through the smoke. It was no cannonball. Watch for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPo6Y7w086c

And you know wat would be awsome=??? A game ending screen slamming KO, where you crack the screen, and the character who hit the screen slowly skits down. That would be the ultimate "OWNED" moment. Especially in SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW Modeeeeeee..... :laugh:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
kind of random, but you know what is bugging me? since each character will enter the plot differently, how will they explain Pokemon trainer and pikachu? if i remember, pikachu from the anime was never in a pokeball. how will pikachu and pokemon trainer conflict or team up? and will pokemon trainer possibly have more pokemon you can fight with, as unlockable? (like the third gen starters)
I'm afraid I really don't understand this... Is this just speculation? It makes perfect sense to me that Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer would enter the SE... It doesn't mean they'll be together. Unless there's some subplot where the Pokemon have to band together, who knows? It mainly seems random right now, though. Kirby and Petey didn't even appear in a game together, but they're fighting against each other!

Off on another point related to that, I'm really speculative about the whole boss thing and how it will work. Seeing as Kirby is not fighting a boss from his own game, I'm not really sure that every character/game series will have a boss like so many people believe...

Back to my original point, in the original Super Smash Bros., the "intro" that Pikachu had was him coming out of a Pokeball if I remember right, that's because the game IS NOT based off of the anime, that's why we have the Pokemon Trainer (A.K.A. Red), not Ash.

I don't really know about your last point, but would you mean unlocking a new Pokemon Trainer? I seriously doubt it myself. To me the Pokemon Trainer seems like a completely unique idea for a playable character and we probably won't see another Pokemon Trainer style character (except Zelda/Sheik possibly.). There might be a boss that works in the same way, though. Who knows?

And you know wat would be awsome=??? A game ending screen slamming KO, where you crack the screen, and the character who hit the screen slowly skits down. That would be the ultimate "OWNED" moment. Especially in SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW Modeeeeeee..... :laugh:
XD

I really hope they keep the star KOing. I always found that amusing. Your idea sounds great, too.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
OMG?!?!?! 17 and 15? Seriously! ... 20 vets at least!
Well, here's what happened on my roster for returning characters:
-I sort've have 19, except Ganondorf and Young Link are considered new again because both need completely new move sets.
-Dr. Mario was canned for being a shameful clone.
-Jigglypuff was axed because, yes, we have no clue what is happening with the Pokemon roster due to the Trainer taking up de facto 3 characters. More people complained about my exclusion of Mewtwo than Jigglypuff, and quite frankly I'm tired of him looking just like Kirby.
-Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, and Pichu had their 15 seconds of fame and it is time to give someone else a turn.
-Marth and Roy were replaced with newer characters from their franchise. Again, they got their 15 seconds of fame. Pass the torch.

Ness is replaced by Lucas, which can either merit a new move set or adopt Ness' old one (so I counted him as returning).

Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Kirby, Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Link, Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Ness/Lucas made the cut.

...though I'm not sure about Falco- he may need to be altered as well.

Therefore (16-17 returning movesets, 19 returning characters)

This is just an explanation of my reasons- I still feel this is a bit off. I can see Marth and Jigglypuff coming back more than the others.

I have a feeling something similar happened on Wiseguy's, with the addition of cutting Falcon (for Wolf) and Sheik (because he dislikes Sheik and/or feels like the OoT days are over, both of which are reasonable).

(after his roster idea):
THAT's right, going on a limb here with 48!!!!
They can do it...don't worry, you don't think they can?
They can always update with the net too. That's not necissary though.

This game has been a shocker so far so what's the big deal o_O
No, I think they could- just not well. It takes a significant amount of time to balance the roster, and that amount of time increases drastically with each additional fighter.
I also do not think they will have downloadable characters for this game (but it is more likely than them updating already existing characters to make the game more balanced). Both of these internet update ideas would 1] complicate the online play aspect of the game by forcing all players to have the same patches downloaded (which would basically assure that Nintendo would not be able to charge extra money for updates), 2] updating characters would screw over people that learn this game to a science.

kind of random, but you know what is bugging me? since each character will enter the plot differently, how will they explain Pokemon trainer and pikachu? if i remember, pikachu from the anime was never in a pokeball. how will pikachu and pokemon trainer conflict or team up?
They could just have Pokemon Trainer act the part as Ash with Pikachu tagging along.

and will pokemon trainer possibly have more pokemon you can fight with, as unlockable?
I sincerely doubt it. As a final smash, there is the possibility of a new Pokemon, but it would alter the character drastically to add any more in due to the method in which he is currently balanced. Since 1] you can't choose the next Pokemon you get (it cycles in order) and 2] you can't change Pokemon out constantly lest their stamina diminish (therefore you are forced to moderate), I highly doubt there is any other means of acquiring new Pokemon to go in the cycle.

Wow. that would be quite phanomanal. But it would be even cooler if when you changed you costume(color, whatever), the Pokemon he used changed as well.
There's no chance for this at all. Restricting any character's moveset to one costume version of that character not only makes the game more confusing, but prevents all four players from using (de facto) the same character.

And that brings up a good point, will it just be colour changes or will the whole outfit change. ex. Instead of Doc Mario being a whole other character, he'd be like an unlockable costume. Like, the farther you get in Subspace Emmissary, the more costumes you unlock for that character your playing.
I really hope this is the case with many characters. Instead of clones, we can just have alternate costumes.
Just like how Mario had Luigi and Wario costumes in Melee, Fox can have Wolf, Marth:Roy, Peach:Daisy (again), Luigi:Waluigi, and Pokemon Trainer can have completely different characters to stand in the background while still maintaining the same three Pokemon (which is my theory on why he/she? has such a generic name). Et cetera. It doesn't matter if the characters would really have to be clones- it provides a way to play as them if there isn't time enough to add them all in.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Looks like you'll have to do major list revision, Wiseguy.
I am personally overjoyed. I NEVER though they'd return.
My mains!
:joyful:
PARTY TIME!!!
THIS is why I stay up for updates.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
It's about time. I cannot fathom why people would think Sakurai would get rid of a perfectly unique retro character to begin with.

Aww and they look cuter than ever ^_^

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the face of all you haters!!!

...I think them coming back may be bad for Game and Watch...but that's just jumping to conlusions!!!

Chepe

Smash Lord
I told ya so... way back on like page 4 or something, that Sakurai probably wouldnt remove Ice Climbers because of their complete uniqueness... And if that wasnt enough, the World Icon of Ice Climbers is the last of Melee characters, right before the Animal Crossing leaf, and it left a space right before it... It implies that a certain 2D character might just return and pwn everyone again. How about you put him back on the list? :)

Regardless, I still love your list and thread Wiseguy, and it is still as fun as ever to read!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as Game and Watch and Mewtwo returns I'm happy with the return list

Got news from the Icon Discovery Thread...

Since Ice Climbers are #14, that leaves 1 more Icon at 13...

Guess who it belongs to...

The only person from Melee whose icon has not been revealed...

GAME & WATCH IS IN!!!

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman

Much as I (and any other fans of the ICs) would like to gloat right now, I'm not going to. I'm just happy they're finally confirmed. I always thought Sakurai wouldn't cut them, but it's nice to know for sure. And I also agree that Game and Watch's chances just skyrocketed, assuming that the Melee symbols are grouped together like the ones from Smash 64 were...

I guess you'll have to make some changes to your list now, eh Wiseguy?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
****...that's the first returning character I've been wrong about. :/ Oh well, I always liked the Ice Climbers. I'm with Chepe with this one: might as well put teh GW backzorz. And stuff.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
...well, sorry Wisey, but it looks like Sakurai is determined to prove your list wrong no matter what :laugh:. At this rate, expect Marth and Falco as the next character updates.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...well, sorry Wisey, but it looks like Sakurai is determined to prove your list wrong no matter what :laugh:. At this rate, expect Marth and Falco as the next character updates.
You're making me happy! :) I can teach people how to main a character I suck at [Marth], and my 3rd best returns. And yippeee!!!!!!!! YIPEEE!!! 1 for originality [ryhmes]. :) Yes, Sakurai kept the most original character ever, and I don't even use them! :) YAE=I CALLED IT! :grin:

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: Wiseguy seemingly avoided a blow by Sakurai by removing Munchlax, and in reality Sakurai just wanted do put Wiseguy in a vulnerable position for a critical hit!

And there's still a icon before the eggplant. Who is the last Melee character with his own icon that hasn't appeared yet? :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
:laugh: Wiseguy seemingly avoided a blow by Sakurai by removing Munchlax, and in reality Sakurai just wanted do put Wiseguy in a vulnerable position for a critical hit!

And there's still a icon before the eggplant. Who is the last Melee character with his own icon that hasn't appeared yet? :grin:
That's right, Gemu ando Uotchi!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
AT least we killed those retarted rumor starters, so we just totally pwned the WW Link, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. are confirmed in Brawl n00bs. YES! :grin:

BTW, I made a vid of it to express my happiness. ENJOY! :)

Ice Climbers Confirmed in BRAWL!

Game and Watch....Game and Watch....I smell him around here. He smells pretty tasty. :lick:

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
You're making me happy! :) I can teach people how to main a character I suck at [Marth], and my 3rd best returns. And yippeee!!!!!!!! YIPEEE!!! 1 for originality [ryhmes]. :) Yes, Sakurai kept the most original character ever, and I don't even use them! :) YAE=I CALLED IT! :grin:

Heh. I personally wouldn't really mind Marth or Falco returning either (I preferred Lyn for the "swift swordsman" niche, but you know how that one turned out). Icies are nice too, I've actually been trying to get somewhat decent with them, and they are actually pretty fun to play (except when Nana seems to think she should go sightseeing for a bit while I fight :ohwell:) so I have no objection. I was mainly mentioning that Sakurai seems to be combo'ing Wisey's list and the only thing missing is the final Rest to kill it :laugh:.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
You know Wiseguy, if Sakurai tricks you again anytime soon you oughta change the title of the topic in "I am amazed and astounded."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Heh. I personally wouldn't really mind Marth or Falco returning either (I preferred Lyn for the "swift swordsman" niche, but you know how that one turned out). Icies are nice too, I've actually been trying to get somewhat decent with them, and they are actually pretty fun to play (except when Nana seems to think she should go sightseeing for a bit while I fight :ohwell:) so I have no objection. I was mainly mentioning that Sakurai seems to be combo'ing Wisey's list and the only thing missing is the final Rest to kill it :laugh:.
Ya, Wisey's taken blow after blow. ROB, Samurai Goroh, Pokémon Trainer Deoxys, and Munchlaz [nice save on that one]. We all suffered the Pokémon Trainer symdrome [not guessing that], and Samurai Goroh and Deoxys I fell a victim to. O well, at least we get eskimos! :chuckle:

You know Wiseguy, if Sakurai tricks you again anytime soon you oughta change the title of the topic in "I am amazed and astounded."
LOL....that sucked if Sakurai is like "by the way, no more veterans are going to return. In fact, we only got 5 more newcomers coming up, and they're all Digimon. Eat that s***!" :grin: Then we'd all be amazed and astounded. Actually, we were all amazed and astonded [for some strange reason I though it was astonished] by the Pokémon Trainer! :laugh:

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I predict over 40, no more than 50. Remember the odd "Nintendo Fun Fact-Sheet" that showed up on the nintendrone blog during E3?

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/#cmts

Well, everything it says on there has been shown to be correct - see for yourselves regarding MP 3: Corruption for example! Also, it said there would be many control options for Brawl, and this was on May 20th, before smashbros.com showed this off!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I predict over 40, no more than 50. Remember the odd "Nintendo Fun Fact-Sheet" that showed up on the nintendrone blog during E3?

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/#cmts

Well, everything it says on there has been shown to be correct - see for yourselves regarding MP 3: Corruption for example! Also, it said there would be many control options for Brawl, and this was on May 20th, before smashbros.com showed this off!
If I wasn't on a school computer at the moment, I'd bookmark that.

Top Bottom