• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Rock baby, Yeah! - Viewtiful Joe for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

I'm honestly surprised that no one's suggested Viewtiful Joe as a third-party entrant. I guess you're all just so dead-set on MegaMan...but that's why I'm here! Let's get it on!

"Viewtiful Joe is a video game developed by Capcom's Capcom Production Studio 4 design team "Team Viewtiful". The other games in the series, including the PS2 port of the first game, have been made by Clover Studio. Atsushi Inaba headed the development of all the Viewtiful Joe games (first at Capcom Production Studio 4, then at Clover Studio). The first game was developed exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube in 2003 and was part of the Capcom Five, but was later ported to the PlayStation 2 in 2004 after Nintendo made a deal with Capcom to make Resident Evil 4 a GameCube exclusive (although it was later released on PlayStation 2). The Japanese version of the PlayStation 2 release is titled Viewtiful Joe: A New Hope, a reference to the movie Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Viewtiful Joe 2 was released for both the GameCube and PlayStation 2 in November 2004." (from Wikipedia)

As Wiki so kindly relates, Joe's qualified. Gamers recognize him as a Nintendo-centric character, as they should. His origin game and it's sequel were both GCN games. Red Hot Rumble was as well. Double Trouble marked Joe's first non-port foray into the portable scene, on the Nintendo DS. So he meets the technical qalifications, but what about the guy makes him brawl-worthy?

Well, everyone who's played the first gme loved it (slight exaggeration). Joe's the epitome of cool, living out his dreams while saving the day, tearing evil a new one, and getting the girl. Tying all this together is some of the sweetest side-scrolling gameplay this side of Metal Slug. The actual platformers he's starred in have an average 84 on Metacritc.com, which in laymen's terms means Viewtiful Joe games are awesome.:grin:

So with the briefing out of the way, on to the fun part:

"I'm Joe...View-ti-ful Joe!"

STR - 3/5
SPD - 3/5
WGHT- 2/5 (Higher jump, farther flight via knockback)
GRIP - 5/5 (The man clings to surfaces)

Melee (A) Attacks:

A - Left straight punch
AA - Left then right straights
AAA - Left then right straights followed by a spinning, backhand hit with his left fist

Side+A - Straight kick
Up+A - Uppercut!
Down+A - Joe's slide attack

Side Smash+A - Three-step series of zoomed-in punches: high, middle, low
Up Smash+A - Spiral Uppercut (a parody of Ryu's Shoryuken from Red Hot Rumble)
Down Smash+A - A shorter version of Joe's zoomed in ground smash. He hops about a foot in the air, then stomps down, generating a small pink shockwave

Neutral Air - Straight left punch
Forward Air - A dual-footed dropkick-esque strike
Back Air - A half-spin that leads into a right-fist backhand strike (turns Joe around, so when he lands he's facing backwards)
Up Air - Forward flip double kick
Down Air - Red Hot Kick (sends Joe diagonally down for a short distance. A hit with this causes Joe to flip backwards, regaining the distance he went while executing it)

Special (B) Attacks:

B - Windmill Kicks: Zoomed in kick, repeated twice. Defelcts (as in, knocks away from, but not back towards the source) material projectiles (Link's bombs, thrown items, Samus's missiles. Does not defelct energy attacks like PK Thunder)

Side+B - Voomerang: Joe throws his crestlike a boomerang that arches upwards near the end of it's path. (Hold in B to unleash t3h headly "X Crest"!)

Down+B - Viewtiful Forever/Ukemi: Obscure moves, but a very interesting choice if I do say so myself. Use it just before you make contact with the ground after taking damage (don't recover in midair, or it won't work) todo a flashy recovery pose and negate all the damage that was dealt to Joe (that's Ukemi). In any other situation, it produces Viewtiful Forever, in which Joe strikes aheroic pose, damaging those around him with his sheer brilliance! Think a larger Reflector, only it doesn't reflect things.

Up+B - Zoom Spiral: Joe spins skyward, wrapped in a blanket of pink power.

Super Smash/Brawl Attack: "Summon Six x Six Majin!"[/U - Six Majin and Great Six Majin combine to form the ultimate giant robot, 'Six-Six Majin'! Joe's robot partner appears in the background and unleashes a Wave Laser across the field, hitting anyone (except Joe) on the ground.

Taunt: Joe strikes one of his many heroic poses, saying: "Henshin-a-Go-Go, Baby!"

Kirby: Kirby dons Joe's helmet (keep the eyes Kirby shaped, though).

That's it for now. I'll probably add to this first post in the future, but for now, how does Joe look?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

Try using that next time.
Heres the Viewtiful Joe Thread
Though i like this thread better, the other one was posted first. ; > .>
If this thread gets locked, maybe you should post that in the other one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom