• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar Vids: I KILLED MUFASA 2

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar Videos
SMASHTALITY IV
-Check out vs Sensei 3 for an epic Falcon ditto

Scar vs Mogwai 1 2
Scar vs Wife 1 2 3
Scar vs Chibo 1 2
Scar vs Reno 1 2 3
Scar vs Sensei 1 2 3
Scar vs Hat 1 2
Scar vs Wife 1 2 3
Scar vs Cactuar 1 2 3

Tunes Biweekly
Scar vs DJ Nintendo 1 2
Scar Falcon Punching Spammer 1 2
Scar vs Cactuar Falcon/Fox $5 MM Set 1 2 3
Scar vs Cactuar Falcon/Marth $5 MM Set 1 2 3
MM8
Scar vs Skler 1 2
Scar vs ZoSo 1 2 3
Scar vs Darc 1 2 3
Friendlies (almost all of these are 2:00 or under)
LolMaster 1 2 3 4 5
LoLMaster's Friend 1 2
Chocobo 1

Combo Videos
I Killed Mufasa (trailer)
I Killed Mufasa
I Killed Mufasa 2: Did It Once, Do It Again (trailer)

Scar One Year Ago Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAiZ5ILmfJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBk8iWZhZ9o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUkdZuxnfyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV60j_w0QO8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMXLlavia9M

Text

So. I made this thread over a year ago, when I first discovered the beauty of Melee. Watching my old vids is kind of funny, it's awesome for me to see my progress over such a huge period of time, and I wanted to share it. The old thread starts with its original title, "Help a Falcon's Power Level Become Over 9000".

--------------------

Help a Falcon's Power Level become Over 9000

I posted some other vids on the "Video" discussion board too, but if I'm asking for Falcon help I might as well post the rest here.

My own criticisms: More uairs, more L-cancels, less SD's, and less rolling.
Agree/disagree/more to add?

All help is appreciated--harsh criticism preferred to vague "you could maybe try to think about doing this somewhat more" criticisms.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
All I gotta say is that you need to shorthop and dashdance more often.

and the the music in the first video is perfect at the end.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
The only way to get your powerlevel above 9000 is to train in the hyperbolic time chamber.

Train with Goku and Gohan for a bit and then come back to us when your Falcon has reached super saiyan level 2 so that he can beat Perfect Cell in Cell Games.

This is the only way... You should start soon.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
quick pointers about 2nd video:
you were using mainly full jump\double jump stomp\bair approaches, and using alot of forward b
and you didnt use much standard approaches like nairs and grabs
I think using standard approaches will get you to 9000 power level faster, whatever that means lol

technomancer

Smash Champion
The appropriate Darkness song for C.F. is "Get your hands off of my woman motherf*cker"

Those were definately fun to watch. When you full hop, get in the habit of fastfalling, you spend much to much time floating around, often without your double jump. Against a Samus skilled at up-B out of shield, you're going to want to greatly tone down the stomps, though there were awesome in this fight, and good stuff on the ledge stomp haha :D

In general more prudent selection of aerials. It's better to keep someone in the air with a uair or bair than stomp them to the ground allowing them to tech and take the aggressive, esp. if you're not fastfalling.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

In my head, stomping someone to the ground is just so much more powerful than the bair or uair, just like the knee would be, but without a KO it's just % damage so yeah -- a uair is smarter.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Dude you suck (harshness, as requested =p).

Your Falcon is playing about twice as slow as he needs to. Don't miss L-cancels and you won't have to roll so much. Just dash away or jump again when you miss an aerial. Stop full-jumping so much. Use more grabs. You're playing way too defensively against that Sheik. Against Sheik you just need to get in there and combo the crap out of her. Upthrow to knee around 70. Don't forward B unless you KNOW it will hit. It's just too punishable. Several times when you grab the Sheik you're throwing her the wrong way. Don't downthrow at low percentages--it's not comboable. You should try ledge-hopped NAIRs as a more aggressive way of getting back on stage. Ledge-hopped knees are nice IF they hit, but the NAIR is much more likely to connect, and then you can combo Sheik across the stage. DI your NAIRs backwards so the second hit connects; it's the one that matters. You shield too much. When you think you're about to get hit much of the time you can just dash away and launch an attack of your own. Quit trying to shield grab Sheik so much. Many of her attacks (like Dsmash) knock you back too far for your grab to connect, leaving you grasping at the air while she pwns you. I saw you backthrow more than once. At one point you had a free knee for the kill if you'd upthrown it (3:42). You should SHFFL the vast majority of your attacks. Don't try to just land knees unless you're pretty confident they'll hit, because against a good player you will almost never connect. Combo into the knees. If Sheik does somehow live to 118%, you should look for Dthrow to knee. CC'd Dtilt to knee should also work once you get around 90-100, I believe.

Chain NAIRs on Samus, Sheik at higher %. Chain UAIRs on Samus at low %, Sheik at mid %. Around 50ish you should be able to upthrow, full jump UAIR to knee (I think =\). Don't stomp so much. Stomps are great for starting combos or setting up knees, but once your opponent is in the air the stomp just ends combos, when you want to keep them going. I noticed many times when you could have kept comboing Sheik with UAIRs or NAIRs but instead you just stomped her into the ground, letting her tech and roll away. In general you should be using more NAIRs for your approach and spacing. It's really important not to let Sheik get too close because she'll start pwning you with tilts. Just get her above you and then destroy her =p

You're probably thinking "who the hell is this guy?" Just another noob =p
But I am pretty familiar with this particular matchup. Sheik is a pretty tough matchup for Falcon, but it's winnable (especially if the Sheik sucks like that one did). You just can't pass up the throws to knees, the stomps to knees, and the dtilts to knees. And be more aggressive.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Try wavedashing to position yourself where you want to be. Unlike rolling, during wavedashes, you don't lose your ability to control the character. W/o getting to character specific, The best thing as a falcon is to know when your free kills are that way you're only looking to get them to that damage, and then you grab/throw/knee for the kill. Just use dash dancing and wavedashing to get the spacing you're looking for. Rolling is okay. Just don't over-use it because it's super punishable. and work on your teching.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Real quick I just wanted to thank everyone for your criticisms. Especially Angelo, that hyperbaric time chamber worked wonders.

No but seriously I used a lot of the things you guys told me today and I seemed to make some slight improvement--it'll become even more as I get more comfortable with them.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Dude you suck (harshness, as requested =p).
And by the way, "suck" is a relative term. Compared to you, probably, but in my group of friends, I daresay that's far from the truth.

Which probably says something about how strongly progress is correlated to competition.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
And by the way, "suck" is a relative term. Compared to you, probably, but in my group of friends, I daresay that's far from the truth.

Which probably says something about how strongly progress is correlated to competition.
Yeah. I was worse than you about two months ago, but I've been playing regularly with some pretty good people since then and have improved dramatically. You need to find some people who will destroy you and play with them until you're even.

RPK

Smash Lord
ZOMG I CAN CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING!!! Anyways you can always do what Isai did in some of the matches that I saw. For edge guarding if you want to use bair for edge guarding and your all the way across the screen, you can run, shield to stop the run and roll into the edge to have your back up against your opponent quickly.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ZOMG I CAN CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING!!! Anyways you can always do what Isai did in some of the matches that I saw. For edge guarding if you want to use bair for edge guarding and your all the way across the screen, you can run, shield to stop the run and roll into the edge to have your back up against your opponent quickly.
zoMG tat waz so gr8!!!1 haha Thanks. That is a pretty sweet idea.

vericz

Smash Champion
Don't stop moving, dash dance and keep moving with empty shffls. it keeps the other player guessing.
more short hop combos, falcon can combo shiek at mid percents and kill her at around 60+.
less spot dodging, falcon's sidestep is pretty bad and very slow.
Grab more, and from throws tech chase. If she is at 60%+ just u-throw to knee, uair, or bair. you can combo just about anything.
Last tip- get faster. Falcon is top when it comes to speed so learn to become faster and less predictable.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u were too aggressive, and u always went in without faking.

if the samus did what usual samus' do, which is wavedash back and fsmash, he would have beat u easily.

not only that, ur spacing was all wrong, u have to DI ur nair backwards after, u kept going inwards and with that, samus could easily fsmash u out of it. if u dont DI backwards, u also cant combo either and can get shield grabbed. so get in the habit of doing that.

i think ur rolling was a bit too much and was pretty unnecessary. u kno how to dash dance, since u only do it to show it off when ur opponent is dead, but learn to integrate it in ur gameplay. more experienced players catch onto ur rolling, and will punish u for it.

after 2 rolls u did backwards, i could already see its a bad habit, and i caught onto it, i main marth and it would be so easy to just either shield grab u, or wavedash out of shield and fsmash.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I put new vids up -- I think I've made a good bit of progress, and you all can see in which ways you have helped me.

More feedback would be greatly appreciated. I need to combo more.

vericz

Smash Champion
My scouter tells me you're not quite there yet.
You need to combo more of course, keep working on uair and nair more. Your grab game is pretty decent, but in between you seem to just stand there. Try dash dashing and wavedashing to keep your opponent guessing.
Hopefully this information may be able to increase you power level to far beyond 9000!!

Giggidax

Smash Ace
trucido ur pretty good, that Ylink match on FoD u seemed to be toying with him lol. i like ur use of dair, but i think i saw a bit too much double jump dair. that style jus seemd kinda sloppy with many holes in it. but umm im no CF player but infact i saw a bit too much dair.
u didnt utilize uair combos so great. and work on reverse knees and such. other than that practice L-cancelling and u will be set

ur power level does not exceed that of SSJ4 Goku yet but in due time

edit: jab combos without the 3 punch combo thing is good. u could also try this out im not sure if its effective, but jab and then dash away and then raptor boost into them(i dunno wat the side B is called but ive seen the term raptor boost used before) also practice some out of shield aerials. like out of shield reverse knees (i <3 getting reverse kneed out of shield)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I put new vids up -- I think I've made a good bit of progress, and you all can see in which ways you have helped me.

More feedback would be greatly appreciated. I need to combo more.
You're still rolling WAY too much, and you almost never dash dance. You missed some upthrows to knees with YL. UAIRs are your friend against Jigglypuff. I may go into more detail later but I'm tired =\

Scar

#HarveyDent
==UPDATE==

Yet even more vids. I seem to be playing faster in general with much less rolling... starting to incorporate tap resets into my game.

takieddine

Smash Master
gg, fox is already over 9000

DD a little more, and become smarter with your approach. Those missiles kinda stopped you in your tracks..

Kick

Smash Apprentice
i noticed when on the edge, you ledgehop on the stage far too often and got punished for it. you have to watch out, cuz falcon's bad recovery wont let you recover from a mistake like that.

Rage.

Smash Ace
to many full jumps.
you dont fast fall your Dairs
you seem really slow
tech more

other than that all I have to say is combo more
you don't combo at all
and thats captain falcons specialty

do simpl combos to start
like Knee to Taunt
Knee to knee
Knee to Taunt to knee
:)

technomancer

Smash Champion
Here's one for you; when you're dashdancing and someone gets above you and you want to aerial them, shield to stop your dash and immediately uair. You can jump out of the shielding animation, so this is very fast.

Scar

#HarveyDent
haha Since people were watching my oldest vid and telling me things I needed to hear 3 months ago, I edited the first post and organized it appropriately.

Now you can click on the first link and still see what I want you to! (no wai)

Githyanki

Smash Rookie
Power Level 6000 at most.

i only watched the most recent file. i figured you didn't want to hear stuff that, as you put it, you should have heard months ago. haha.

anyways, you seem pretty aware of some of your problems but i think you could use some more mind games. you were doing the same stuff the hole match. maybe switch it up from time to time. that samus would have never seen a falcon punch coming. and there were times when they set themselves up for one and times when you could've planted one. also, you dashdance i bit too long. when you would dash dance, you would do it for so long, that you passed up oppertunities to attack when they were open.

last comment: your finish. you seemed to only want to end the fight with one attack. granted, you hit them with that attack eventually, but there were times during that final run, that you could have easily hit him with something else.

nothing too serious. you're good. you'd obliterate my ganon(my best) any day, from the looks of it. keep up the progress.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Comboing more does not make you good, nore is it easy.

Really, you gotta work on just stringing small things together depending on their reaction DI and other such things to acheive your goal. That should be just to get them off the stage.

Combos do not win you a match against a pro player or even good players. Edgeguarding does, combos help yes, but if I can kill you below 50 without doing a long drawn out combo I can put that much more of a difference in lives between me and my opponent.

Just annoys me when people say "You need to combo more".

I like your falcon, but you can work on your fluidity a bit more. Also, just work on small things to keep your opponent above you/in the air where they can't do much. Keep them off balance and other small things just to put them off the stage at lower damages.

Matches are usually won at the edge, not on the board.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
well... if you are worried about comboing samus I would quit worrying. Samus isn't really a character you can combo because she is just too floaty (unless of course your opponent di's the wrong way or doesn't di at all). Just be carefull with jabbing samus. Jabs are easily crouch cancelled into a down smash. I'm not saying don't do it just be carefull.

Scar

#HarveyDent
He crouch cancels > dsmashes me all the time, even if I go for a gentelman. Once I start jabbing I just mash A and don't even care about the rapid-punch, since it's the only thing that saves me from dsmash ****.

KC, thanks a lot, your post was really helpful, and I agree. I'm starting to chain attacks together with much more frequency and accuracy, but I haven't seen real improvement. Edgeguarding is really something I want to work on.

Matches going up from a tourney held today soon, I'll put some on here and the rest on a results thread, so check it out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
latest video: good, very good. fluent samus killer, i'm impressed.

some constructive criticism:
- you're missing some opportunities. your tech skill is good, so be sure to make every hit count. there are some points where you can uair or grab or something when samus is in the right spot for you to do it, but you're not taking advantage. keep it up though, you're on your way to getting really good.
- dthrow sets up everything against floaties. remember that. if you had to do a rock-paper-scissors decision, the grab would be your anti-shield. predict their sht and you will be under less pressure.
- good knees. more knees are fine.
- rolling away is fine too.

those are just some nitpicks i found. other than that, your falcon is very good.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol. Old thread. I'm bringing it back, not as a "help me" thread but as a "watch what I do and enjoy it" kind of deal.

Top Bottom