• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acryte

Smash Ace
YOOO HERES A VID FOR THE DONATION DRIVE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn7GLwXTaww

Hmmm it didn't upload right for whatever reason it cut out the part that said: "It's a close race between smash and skullgirls... whoever donates more in the fight against breast cancer earns it's place at EVO 2013. The Donation Drive ends on January 31 at midnight".

Attempting to reupload and replace last vid... will see if fixed upon reprocessing (original file rendered just fine)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This thread is bipolar as ****, just constantly jumping between people being sycophantic betas with low self esteem and guys who don't understand the time, place, or technique behind properly rustling another man's jimmies.

I say man because there are exactly zero women in the Melee scene that matter.

God bless America.
And all God's people said, "Amen."

Rakuko

Smash Cadet
i don't post much, but wanted to say: watch out for Super Turbo. They shot up $4k, may be looking to snipe 1st and spit on two communities disliked by the FGC.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
something is unsettling about skullgirls' total....
Lol Jesus smashmachine, I also think that there's going to be a pretty big boost for them, but I don't think we have to be too worried? I mean maybe I'm overestimating our support but I feel like our numbers are so much higher (plus they haven't received many donations today).

Then again if some bigass company anonymously steps in and decides to support a game, I suppose there's nothing anybody can do about it but get salty.

FlyingWithTheKennedys

Smash Rookie
@HarrisonSBA on Twitter has links to the stream tonight. It's mostly a talk show, but it is confirmed they ARE doing a donation event for Smash

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Lol Jesus smashmachine, I also think that there's going to be a pretty big boost for them, but I don't think we have to be too worried? I mean maybe I'm overestimating our support but I feel like our numbers are so much higher (plus they haven't received many donations today).

Then again if some bigass company anonymously steps in and decides to support a game, I suppose there's nothing anybody can do about it but get salty.
no i'm talking about how their numbers haven't gone up AT ALL lately
but lol ST, looks like both sides need to scout them

edit: there we go, skullgirls dropped in $136 all at once

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
:243: btw I found Pokemon Sprites. Wut
:mad088: quote of the day lmao

they gave us a logo.
Whoa, somebody *****ed and got something to happen? I kinda jumped a bit when i saw the logo on our page, lol

i don't post much, but wanted to say: watch out for Super Turbo. They shot up $4k, may be looking to snipe 1st and spit on two communities disliked by the FGC.
Oh ****, divekick where u @?

Wow, you're not kidding and it's going to be on iplaywinner's stream! That is HELLA legit.

https://twitter.com/HarrisonSBA/status/296468207026442240

Honzo Gonzo <3
Tonight? The hell, tonight is almost over!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
As of right now;
1. gimr is streaming xanadu monthlies with 85$ to his chip-in for donating and a promise that all subscriber fees this month will go to melee@evo http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

2. Trihex is going trihard again with his yoshi speedrun and raffling off a Japanese copy of Chrono Trigger in immaculate condition. 5$ + a guess to enter through his chip-in http://www.twitch.tv/trihex

3.Calebhart is speedrunning super mario 64, he's raffling off a TONNE of N64 games and pokemon swag as well as a wood cutout of link shooting pikachu with an arrow that he made for school. e-mail a receipt of donation to enter raffle http://www.twitch.tv/calebhart42

4.Honzo Gonzo (an marvel player) is doing a podcast in half an hour with a melee chip-in and offering to match 10% of donations to it. http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

Get watching, if this drive has brought you anything it's entertainment and swag stuff.
edit: trihex will be streaming again tomorrow with another prize and of course MIOM thursday night...also ultrachen talked about melee again showing a graph of the donation amounts of the past few weeks, it was lol

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
lmfao I just realized they put the melee logo on the donation page

What did I hope to gain by *****ing about it? That's exactly what.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Probably best to slow it down for now, don't wanna show your hand until the end. I'd prefer the winner to be a surprise when I wake up Friday.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
donaated to honzo. He's matching up to 10% of our donations up to $50 (so we have to hit 500), but you have to do it through his stream on chipin.

Yami 2b

Smash Apprentice
If you are looking for great and high-quality SSBM logos (cuz actually Nintendo never delivers a good-looking logo), for your streams, videos, etc ..., check this out ;)

http://yami2b.deviantart.com/#/d5t816f

Feel free to use them :p
I used the red one for this video if you remember.
Btw, need to do a v2 of this. I can do some variations of the logo if you wish.

Let's MELEE !!!

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I just understand the game is terrible, has no future, no competitive support and will be waste of an Evo Slot. If it makes it into Evo viewer count will drop by 90% when it comes on and if it doens't 90% of stream comments will be hating on it.

Almost any other fighting game on that list is more worthy, not just Melee but of course Melee should win. There's a reason it's been around and kicking for 12 years and Skullgirls was dead on release and is still dead now.

OPINIONS
Fixed that for you

But really when you say SG is terrible game it's your opinion, that's all it is.
If you think it's a fact you are an idiot.

Also you are in position to say whether SG has a future or not because no one knows.

Except Magus, he knows everything but that's besides the point.

Statement "no competitive support" is also false. You don't know how many people will show up if SG makes it to EVO. And there are people playing SG competitively so there goes your argument.

I actually agree with you on one thing.
I would be really annoyed if SG made it to EVO and ended up being a pathetic excuse of a tournament. In my opinion it really would be a waste knowing that Melee would have had hundreds of entrants. And yes, I think Melee is more "worthy" because it has an active, passionate, large, international scene. I do feel compassion for SG though and I wish that the game will become popular and successful. I can relate to the developers' dreams and passion.

I strongly believe Melee will win this run, so I feel bit bad for SG. I wish there was a way for both to get in.

No offense to anyone in the SG community. I just think that if one makes it to EVO you better make it a hype tournament and have a lot people show up. Melee would deliver that without a doubt and that's why it belongs to EVO.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I love smash, but I'm gonna have to disagree here- we're not more entitled to the position than any other game on that ballot.
My opinion is based on the fact that Melee would most likely have a lot of entrants and hype. I don't think SG could deliver the same although I might be wrong. Also I think a lot of the FGC would like to see Melee back.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The FGC Melee rally has started!

here
Sorry but I thought that was a pathetic attempt to get donations, the whole podcast had barely anything to do with melee... it was basically bashing and talking so much random **** that was uninteresting. I closed it after a few mins... I even listened to most of it after it was done just to be sure.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
So including melee would be a good business choice for evo. I don't think that means we deserve it more than SG.

:phone:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Using the word "deserves" in conjunction with a video game doesn't make sense. Phrasing the same question with regards to the community of said video game, however, does. Deserving something more isn't really a reason for evo to include it. Amount of attendance and viewers is. That's what makes it a good business decision. Granted, both deserving entrance and being a good business decision have the same cause (community size), but they shouldn't be confused. The reason EVO should include smash automatically is because of the attendance they'd get, not because the community deserves it- the communities of various things aren't their concern.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Pokémon drawings for Melee

I draw Pokémon. The drawings look like this. I'll give you prints for donations.

More can be found here on my blog.

I'd like to try and help Melee win, so for every $30 you donate for Melee, I'll send you a (signed) print of any drawing you like, or two drawings, depending on size.

If you donate $150 or more, you can choose a Pokémon or Smash character I haven't drawn yet, and I'll draw it and send you a print of the one you chose.

Just email me (drawingsofpokemon[at]gmail.com) a screencap of your donation, a mailing address and the print/s you'd like.

Thanks!

TreK

Is "that guy"
These sketches are clearly worth more than 30$.
I guess you don't send those to France ? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom